This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
so the philly show went different then planned since Ian from FFDP is "not well". Phil Labonte from All That Remains fronted the band.

SixxAM was decent (opener)
Shinedown brought it. Way better then expected
FFDP was good but not great. And they cut it short.

unfortunate since they were the headliners. show was pretty tame as a result. still a good time tho.
PAmedic wrote:so the philly show went different then planned since Ian from FFDP is "not well". Phil Labonte from All That Remains fronted the band.

SixxAM was decent (opener)
Shinedown brought it. Way better then expected
FFDP was good but not great. And they cut it short.

unfortunate since they were the headliners. show was pretty tame as a result. still a good time tho.
Give SixxAM a break. Nikki just got off a rather long tour
I guess I should not have dated this thread!! I think 2017 will make up for 2016

Just bought my U2 tickets for D.C.!!! They are doing the Joshua Tree tour again!! How could I miss out on this. I really liked Songs of Innocence but Joshua Tree is one of the greatest albums. Ever.

Other concerts are:
Alice Cooper
Rick Springfield
Stevie Nicks
Metallica has a new album so they will be touring
Chicago/Doobie Brothers
I'll have to check the VBA schedule for this year and see if there are any shows you guys could check out this direction
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
I'm going to try to get tickets for U2 in DC if there are any left for us unclean, non-members of the cool kids club....
HenryGale wrote:I'm going to try to get tickets for U2 in DC if there are any left for us unclean, non-members of the cool kids club....
Let me know how that goes. There should be plenty. We are taking the train up on Tuesday and spending the night. Love Amtrak to DC. I think I paid $70 for both Mrs Purple and I. Crazy cheap.
Looked into staying at Trump DC.....but it cost more than my tickets!!
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
HenryGale wrote:I'm going to try to get tickets for U2 in DC if there are any left for us unclean, non-members of the cool kids club....
Let me know how that goes. There should be plenty. We are taking the train up on Tuesday and spending the night. Love Amtrak to DC. I think I paid $70 for both Mrs Purple and I. Crazy cheap.
Looked into staying at Trump DC.....but it cost more than my tickets!!
I'm going to be online Monday am....probably taking my wife, possibly sister, and may be meeting my college roomate up there as well.
I have always looked into the train, but have always ended up driving. With prices like that, I may take the train...
I had a Man Card pass for the Rick Springfield/ Richard Marx concert.
I have an absolutely new respect for both. Richard Marx had a crap load of hits. His voice has held up perfectly. For Torchwood fans he looks exactly like Capt Jack Harkness. He also pitched in to help out in a tough spot
Springfield was a gamer. His mother had just passed away and he recently returned from Australia settling the family affairs. Due to that he contract a throat ulcer but played on. Marx came out to 'Duet' a couple of songs and it sounded good. I can't believe he is 67!!! Solid show. Enjoyed the intimate setting
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
The Eric Church show was surprisingly good

If you like country with a bit of a rock edge – I'd highly recommend him
PAmedic wrote:The Eric Church show was surprisingly good

If you like country with a bit of a rock edge – I'd highly recommend him
'Country with a bit of a rock edge' used to be called Southern Rock.
I saw this a few minutes ago. My 14 year old self would have been super interested in this concert. My older self, not so much. LOL

http://wset.com/news/local/george-clint ... rk-in-july
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) - George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic will be stopping by Lynchburg in July.
The legendary music act will be the performing at Riverfont Park July 8 at 7 p.m., according to the Academy Center for the Arts.
Yacht Rock wrote:I saw this a few minutes ago. My 14 year old self would have been super interested in this concert. My older self, not so much. LOL

LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) - George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic will be stopping by Lynchburg in July.
The legendary music act will be the performing at Riverfont Park July 8 at 7 p.m., according to the Academy Center for the Arts.
I'd go but won't be in town
Yacht Rock wrote:I saw this a few minutes ago. My 14 year old self would have been super interested in this concert. My older self, not so much. LOL

I'd go just to hear Maggot Brain.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]