This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
ok with the enrollment period offered..my premium went up 60 bucks to 890/month for a family of four and my max out of pocket for individual went up a grand...ouch. Deductible per person is 2500 and max out of pocket is now 6850 per person and 13700 for family...HOLY ALAMO..might just go uninsured. Thanks Obama..punching the middle class where it hurts
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:ok with the enrollment period offered..my premium went up 60 bucks to 890/month for a family of four and my max out of pocket for individual went up a grand...ouch. Deductible per person is 2500 and max out of pocket is now 6850 per person and 13700 for family...HOLY ALAMO..might just go uninsured. Thanks Obama..punching the middle class where it hurts
Is that private, or obamacare?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 - I I have a family of five but those numbers are much better than I have sending my checks to Lynchburg each month. My deductibles and much higher than yours and my premiums have gone through the roof in the past 3 years.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:ok with the enrollment period offered..my premium went up 60 bucks to 890/month for a family of four and my max out of pocket for individual went up a grand...ouch. Deductible per person is 2500 and max out of pocket is now 6850 per person and 13700 for family...HOLY ALAMO..might just go uninsured. Thanks Obama..punching the middle class where it hurts
Do you not qualify for any of the subsidies? I'm guessing not if you work FT... A 7.2% increase is pretty rough. I really don't understand why the Republicans haven't concentrated more on this. We keep hearing from Bernie Santa Clause and Hillary about how they are the party of the middle class, yet the past 8 years events literally fly in the face of that.

- They support more immigration (legal and illegal), which only serves to provide more competition to Americans that either are employed, or are searching for employment

- Higher Education costs continue to go up, but the squeeze actually hurts the middle class the most. Why? In most cases, state and federal grants are income based and skewed towards the poor, leaving the middle class out leaving them to absorb the full cost of attendance. The rich can absorb this relatively easy, but not the middle class

- Liberals/Democrats tend to support extremely burdensome regulation, which only serves to raise the cost of goods that are consumed in large part by the middle class. See Dodd-Frank, any and all actions taken by the EPA, etc

- Now we have Obamacare, effectively squeezing the middle class in the same manner that higher education costs do. In addition, it hurts the overall labor market as businesses find ways to cut costs to meet the regulatory demands of the ACA

All of this flies in the face of the talking points put out by the Democratic Party and the media elite. But no one calls them on it in a harsh enough tone. It's silly.
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
I do not qualify for subsidies and I am thankful for my job and pay..but to go from pre obamacare of 535/month in premium with a deductuble and max out of pocket to be at 2500 to 900/month and a sky rocket max out of pocket is a huge hit to a family's spending and savings. I work for a small company who does not offer medical benefits so I have to go out to the market place. Everything out in the marketplace holds to the requirements of Obamacare so regardless of it being private or something else its all obamacare at the end of the day....it is just really frustrating and concerning.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
our costs have gone up and benefits have stayed the same. almost as if nothing has changed from my perspective. obamacare certainly hasn't hit the #'s they expected as far as enrollees. all these things certainly take time though. but i don't expect it will happen anytime soon.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]