This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluejacket
thepostman wrote:
bluejacket wrote:Police: Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace https://news.yahoo.com/police-woman-beh ... 59291.html
not at all related
The FBI has been brought in to investigate. Its not at all likely that he had any relation to IS, but it is too early to say that they are not at all related.

He had been placed on suspension from his job and the confrontation appears be workplace violence over that issue. But the fact that he beheaded a person gives me reason to pause. Most likely, he is a deranged individual who was inspired to attack his coworkers in this manner because of the recent IS videos and shares no ties with jihadists. If that is the case, it is related. Of course, those things are speculation. The suspect is expected to survive so I'm sure that we'll find out directly from him soon enough.
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
this is all speculative but if this guy did this because he was inspired by the recent actions of isis..I think we will have a huge problem on our hands in our homeland...
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:this is all speculative but if this guy did this because he was inspired by the recent actions of isis..I think we will have a huge problem on our hands in our homeland...
It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:im ready for boots on the ground
They never should have left.

Cue the Ron Paulista's
They never should have been there in the first place it's all our fault
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Cue the Ron Paulista's
They shouldn't have left 20+ years ago and finished Saddam off the first time IMO.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Cue the Ron Paulista's
They shouldn't have left 20+ years ago and finished Saddam off the first time IMO.
Can't disagree there but not every other Coalition country saw it that way, much to their later shagrin
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I'd love to know why people (for whatever reason) are in Iraq and Syria anyway... I mean is it nice this time of year or something?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Cue the Ron Paulista's
They should have gone Alexander the Great (vs. Carthage) or General Sherman on the place the first time
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I'd love to know why people (for whatever reason) are in Iraq and Syria anyway... I mean is it nice this time of year or something?
It's the snow birds. The climate is so much better this time of year!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: They should have gone Alexander the Great (vs. Carthage) or General Sherman on the place the first time
Alexander didn't fight the Punic Wars. But his whooping of Tyre set Carthage up

You're not subbing for AP history are you?

And don't get BYD started on that war criminal Sherman :D
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I thought Hannibal based out of Carthage (or something)...point is...what we should have done the first time is bring the pain...and send a smoldering message to extremists and terrorists throughout the world.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I thought Hannibal based out of Carthage (or something)...point is...what we should have done the first time is bring the pain...and send a smoldering message to extremists and terrorists throughout the world.
Hannibal fought the Romans. Used Elephants to cross the Alps. Eventually Rome decimated Carthage and, as legend goes, salted the soil so they could not rise again.
Alexander destroyed Tyre which led to the rise of Carthage.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the historical clarification...My point still holds...what we should have done is destroyed them...and sent a clear message to anyone else who wanted to do harm to the West or it's allies from the smoking ruins
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I thought Hannibal based out of Carthage (or something)...point is...what we should have done the first time is bring the pain...and send a smoldering message to extremists and terrorists throughout the world.
That would be great but at what point can we claim victory? Clearly they don't mind dying for their own cause.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
You're right, they don't mind dying...and its ALWAYS going to be a struggle. That's the way its designed to be...leading to the eventual world where the government will try to bring up people on charges of "plotting," or...in 1984 speak..."thought crime."
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]