This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:if only war was actually decided by a game of risk
Then Madagascar would play a much more pivotal role in World affairs
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Moscow is "deliberately targeting" U.S.-backed forces in Syria as part of a military campaign that has killed up to 150 U.S.-trained rebels, a U.S. official told Fox News.
The Pentagon believes they include Hezbollah operatives who have been defending the regime for years in Syria. Iranian and Syrian officials have long maintained that Iran has advisers and military experts in Syria. A U.S. official on Wednesday also told Fox News there is evidence from intelligence reports that Cuban paramilitary and special forces units are on the ground in Syria as well.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10 ... tcmp=hpbt1
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Apparently. ISIS took responsibility for a Russian airline crash and now Putin wants to nuke them until their corpses glow in the daylight
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Apparently. ISIS took responsibility for a Russian airline crash and now Putin wants to nuke them until their corpses glow in the daylight
Source?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Apparently. ISIS took responsibility for a Russian airline crash and now Putin wants to nuke them until their corpses glow in the daylight
Source?
Take it for what its worth: http://rightwingnews.com/isisisil/putin ... ssian-jet/

Its not that I "get off" to violence Jon, its more that I am not the diplomatic "sit across from the table and talk it out" type when it comes to our enemies. Id rather let our military might do the talking (and a few dozen smoldering craters).
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Once it is posted online I am going to share the message today at my church. It really convicted me and my revenge type attitude I was having.

Of course governments have a responsibility to keep their people safe but as Christians we also must remember that these people are in need of a savior too and there are tons of ministries out there doing amazingly brave work to share that message. I know I quickly forget that in the heat of the moment.

Ok. Jesus juke over.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Beej - it's not that you prefer military over diplomacy that makes me think you get off to violence. It's the "smoldering crater" and "corpses glow in the daylight" comments that you can resist making that show you love the violence of the military.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If Putin wanted to nuke them, I think he's the kind of guy who would nuke first talk later
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't love the violence if the military...I love sending a strong and unequivocal message to those who hate us and hate freedom.

Which do you think conveys a stronger message to our enemies: sitting in a boardroom with the people who want to kill you by any means necessary, or uploading an aerial view of smoking ruins that says, "hey ISIS, Here is what we think of your little "kill list"
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Beej - you're completely missing my point. Sometimes military action is needed, but you shouldn't take joy in killing thousands of people like you do.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Here's how I handle the situation:

Obviously you want to minimize the civilian casualties (because no I don't find joy in the death of thousands of people genius). that said, Id have thousands of leaflets printed and dropped throughout the target country that basically say, "folks, this country is about to be bombed...heavily...in 72 hours. pack whatever you can and get out..." Obviously it will take a significant logistics to handle the giant influx of refugees that will need to be processed in the bordering nations, as well as rooting out the terrorists (and terrorist sympathizers) who no doubt will try to hide out among those evacuating.

There is more that I have to think about, but I wanted to at least get that out there because while I want to send a strong message, I am not advocating something bordering on genocide
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
What's ironic about that is I really haven't watched all that many war movies.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Too many war movies for you my friend.
To be fair the military has done something like that in the past, and even in Iraq. The flip side is that the IDF often does the same. However, Hamas and their wonderful friends, hold the civilians 'hostage ' not allowing them to leave thus playing a nasty game of chicken
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think I can count on one hand the number of war movies Ive seen in my lifetime (and one of them isn't Saving Private Ryan). My philosophy has always been threefold: 1) the best defense is a good offense 2) If youre going to do something, do it right and do it once (which is why I don't advocate just scrambling the jets and bombing the place back to the stone age with no regard for life, but you aren't going to want to have to go back again either)
3) When you send a message, leave zero doubt.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
To be fair the military has done something like that in the past, and even in Iraq. The flip side is that the IDF often does the same. However, Hamas and their wonderful friends, hold the civilians 'hostage ' not allowing them to leave thus playing a nasty game of chicken
Indeed...that may mean getting some of our special forces boys in there to do a lot of rescuing in that 72 hour window and getting those people the heck out of there.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
I had a really sarcastic response ready to go but will be nice. I am fully aware of the kind of military actions that have been taken in recent conflicts.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
I had a really sarcastic response ready to go but will be nice. I am fully aware of the kind of military actions that have been taken in recent conflicts.
Aww man. You always have good ones!

I figured you did It was more for BJ"s benefit. But he ruined it with his SF reference.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I didn't even see the special forces comment. I'm sure those guys would love bj sending them in!

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]