This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I didn't even see the special forces comment. I'm sure those guys would love bj sending them in!
Then they are doing their job! :D :brownbag :batman
By bluejacket
BJWilliams wrote:My philosophy has always been threefold: 1) the best defense is a good offense 2) If youre going to do something, do it right and do it once (which is why I don't advocate just scrambling the jets and bombing the place back to the stone age with no regard for life, but you aren't going to want to have to go back again either)
3) When you send a message, leave zero doubt.
Brilliant. :roll:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Turkey shoots down a Russian fighter jet
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I think I can count on one hand the number of war movies Ive seen in my lifetime (and one of them isn't Saving Private Ryan). My philosophy has always been threefold: 1) the best defense is a good offense 2) If youre going to do something, do it right and do it once (which is why I don't advocate just scrambling the jets and bombing the place back to the stone age with no regard for life, but you aren't going to want to have to go back again either)
3) When you send a message, leave zero doubt.
When you actually sit down and process a situation, and then do research before you post...you actually are quite insightful. But then the majority of your posts are like this where it's obvious you just had an impulse to post and just rambled with a bunch of cliches. If you were to avoid post like these, you could probably change your perception a bit.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Wait, BJ posts cliches? I thought they were original thoughts!!!
Coming from his stream of consciousness...
By bluejacket
ATrain wrote:Turkey shoots down a Russian fighter jet
Example A why advocating for a no fly zone is extremely dangerous.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Turkey shoots down a Russian fighter jet
Very appropriate turn of play for the Holiday season.........
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:What nice people we are trying to vet and arm....
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... pilot.html
I know. I've seen numerous videos like this, including the video that supposedly is the moment the Syrian rebels fired a US made TOW missile at a Russian helicopter that had landed to search for the pilots of the downed jet. I know this much... part of me believes that if they had a chance to shootdown a US helicopter in a similar fashion, they'd jump at the chance. I don't trust any of the islamic factions over there.

I'm not sure what to make of this yet. The Turkish radar plot clearly shows the Russians violated their airspace, but it couldn't have been for long. I'm not sure it was enough to justify the shootdown. The next few days could be very interesting/scary. That part of the world is one giant powder keg. That much should be obvious to any onlooker.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... wn-6891003
By bluejacket
WaPo wrote:Iraqis think the U.S. is in cahoots with the Islamic State, and it is hurting the war

By Liz Sly December 1 at 9:24 PM

BAIJI, Iraq — On the front lines of the battle against the Islamic State, suspicion of the United States runs deep. Iraqi fighters say they have all seen the videos purportedly showing U.S. helicopters airdropping weapons to the militants, and many claim they have friends and relatives who have witnessed similar instances of collusion.
Click Here for Full Story
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
Russia arming its fighter jets in syria with air to air missiles...this could get really ugly
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
WaPo wrote:Iraqis think the U.S. is in cahoots with the Islamic State, and it is hurting the war

By Liz Sly December 1 at 9:24 PM

BAIJI, Iraq — On the front lines of the battle against the Islamic State, suspicion of the United States runs deep. Iraqi fighters say they have all seen the videos purportedly showing U.S. helicopters airdropping weapons to the militants, and many claim they have friends and relatives who have witnessed similar instances of collusion.
I wouldn't say we're in cahoots with ISIS, but having a completely clueless leader bumbling around can make it appear that way.
By bluejacket
Fox News wrote:Hagel says he OK’d plan to strike Damascus after 'red line;' Obama told him stand down
Published December 18, 2015 FoxNews.com

Then-Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel speaks to reporters in this April 4, 2014, file photo, while en route to Tokyo, from Honolulu. (The Associated Press)

Former Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel revealed in an extensive interview published Friday that he had approved plans to strike Damascus with Tomahawk cruise missiles after Syria’s Bashar al-Assad crossed the “red line” by using chemical weapons – but President Obama told him to stand down.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
Fox News wrote:Hagel says he OK’d plan to strike Damascus after 'red line;' Obama told him stand down
Published December 18, 2015 FoxNews.com

Then-Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel speaks to reporters in this April 4, 2014, file photo, while en route to Tokyo, from Honolulu. (The Associated Press)

Former Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel revealed in an extensive interview published Friday that he had approved plans to strike Damascus with Tomahawk cruise missiles after Syria’s Bashar al-Assad crossed the “red line” by using chemical weapons – but President Obama told him to stand down.
That "red line," comment should've never been made if there was no intention of enforcing it.
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
Will the current administration answer the call to help the people in Allepo? This is a case where you will see politics trump (no pun intended) everything and we will just do nothing while people get massacred.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:Will the current administration answer the call to help the people in Allepo? This is a case where you will see politics trump (no pun intended) everything and we will just do nothing while people get massacred.
It is really crazy One group of rebels is being supported by the CIA. Another group, opposed to the previous group, is supported by the DoD. Then you have Assad supported by Russia. Meanwhile a 'safe zone' frame work has been agreed to but no one is taking the first step to initiate it.
This is where the World needs American leadership and we are nowhere to be found
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
bballfan84 wrote:Will the current administration answer the call to help the people in Allepo? This is a case where you will see politics trump (no pun intended) everything and we will just do nothing while people get massacred.
It is really crazy One group of rebels is being supported by the CIA. Another group, opposed to the previous group, is supported by the DoD. Then you have Assad supported by Russia. Meanwhile a 'safe zone' frame work has been agreed to but no one is taking the first step to initiate it.
This is where the World needs American leadership and we are nowhere to be found
I know what you are suggesting mr trump..that Putin in a better leader than Obama...how dare you..just disgusting
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ha. Putin has a much simpler objective than the US. Keep Asad in power. Keep the port open for Russian ships. Make hard currency by selling hardware to him and Iran to 'protect' them from ISIS.
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
Russia..while they are making some major moves I am still not too worried about them..if they go unchecked under a Hillary administration for 4 years we will have some serious issues on our hands. The next president needs to show a position of strength and we need to modernize and rebuild the military.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Trump ordered a strike on a Syrian airbase last night. There was also a truck attack today in Sweden.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Trump ordered a strike on a Syrian airbase last night. There was also a truck attack today in Sweden.
A president that follows through with Obama's empty threats - It's about time. The whole world, outside of Russia and Iran is standing behind this decision. Tells Countries that we mean what we say...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Trump ordered a strike on a Syrian airbase last night. There was also a truck attack today in Sweden.
I'm still not convinced it was Assad who used chemical weapons.
On the other hand I think this was meant more as a message to Xi regarding N Korea.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
I'm still not convinced it was Assad who used chemical weapons.
On the other hand I think this was meant more as a message to Xi regarding N Korea.
Assad is not the issue here. Not saying he's a great guy but Syria will be worst than what it is. For centuries Syria was the country in the Middle East where Muslims and Christians actually lived amongst each other with no hostility. Of course the bureaucrats in Washington who are greedy and evil wants to take out Assad and put in a puppet government that will be worst. This is the same lie that was used with Saddam Hussein during the early 1990's where they said he was using chemical gas on his own people and also when they used the girl who told the world under tears that she saw how Hussein's soldiers took babies out of their incubators and let them die on the cold floor( turns out that girl wasn't even in Kuwait during that time and she was in fact the daughter of the Kuwati ambassador of the U.S.). Then Novembre 1990 Bush 41 continued this lie to the poor soldiers. So yes this is another lie so that U.S. can use another noble lie to get us to kill a dictator in order to put in a puppet government that is worst( same thing that occurred in Libya. The bigger problem is actually China but our controlled politicians and and media is pointing fingers to Russia just because elitist(like George Soros and the late David Rockefeller) hate Russia and actually wants to destroy it. These folks want another world war and is based off of geopolitics and the dollar. The issue is they font want Russia and other countries to stop using the dollar and instead use oil (from Syria for example) to trade for gold. This will destroy what is left of the dollar being a dominant global currency. China is a economical power and they have a great sphere of influence around the world (you can definitely see it in Africa) and even America (our trade, buying land that the U.S. government illegally stole from Americans, Hollywood to use for propaganda). Our corrupted bureaucrats have made China the powerhouse that is today. Sorry for the rambling but I just wanted to point out some things that we are not told about. Trump is bring lied to about the situation and this a crucial moment in history. I just hop he doesn't take the bait that will lead us to more catastrophe. Remember war is money and its the central bank that gain this cash flow. If this follow through, it's the bankers who'll win and the citizens on both side of the conflict that has to deal with the pain and horror.

I don't know if it's changed since I went but the […]

Some statistics

Our team ERA currently sits at #78 nationally. Our[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Agree. I’ll add to that- I think we’[…]

G5 Playoff Only

There are some rumblings among the AD’s of G[…]