This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Just that she isn't some sock puppet with blonde hair. If selling millions of books, putting them on the New York Times best seller list and being a sought after contributor for top rated television shows makes you mediocre, I wonder what greatness is
Quantity doesn't equal quality
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
TH Spangler wrote:She's pretty HOT :!: :I chortle audibly.:
I'm not sure on "hot". "Striking" would be a word I'd use
She needs to be struck, if that's where you're going.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:She certainly is an intellectual lightweight.
She's anything but that. She is very smart and extremely clever.
Cornell and UM Law school are pretty impressive
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Coulter is a firebrand. Her style is heavy on sarcasm and satire and if you can't understand that then I understand your responses. I'm betting most people on here that are degrading her have likely not seen her speak on tv, or read her books.

To call her an intellectual lightweight is naive. To say she's a puppet of Karl Rove's is pretty off base too. Coulter is her own person. Also, let me say this... on her book covers she looks pretty good. In person... she looks nothing like her book covers.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have read one of her books and seen her speak many times. Sure she does it for effect but when you start mocking the great commission and what Christ called His people to do then you cross the line, plain and simple. There is zero grey area there for me.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:Coulter is a firebrand. Her style is heavy on sarcasm and satire and if you can't understand that then I understand your responses. I'm betting most people on here that are degrading her have likely not seen her speak on tv, or read her books.
I'm not degrading her, but the view represented in this article is the antithesis of the GOSPEL.

Some of the responses against her (not necessarily within this thread) are also antithetical to the GOSPEL.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote:Coulter is a firebrand. Her style is heavy on sarcasm and satire and if you can't understand that then I understand your responses. I'm betting most people on here that are degrading her have likely not seen her speak on tv, or read her books.
I'm not degrading her, but the view represented in this article is the antithesis of the GOSPEL.

Some of the responses against her (not necessarily within this thread) are also antithetical to the GOSPEL.
Not really. She states no issue with people going out in their own communities to fulfill the Great Commission. She just questions why go somewhere else to do the same thing then cost millions of dollars when you come down with Ebola. The antithesis would be to sit at home and do nothing.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: Not really. She states no issue with people going out in their own communities to fulfill the Great Commission.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Some are called to do it here. Some are called to do it there. This isn't some new liberal way of life. It's the bible.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: Not really. She states no issue with people going out in their own communities to fulfill the Great Commission.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
You should have highlighted the Judea and Samaria part. You know, where Jesus actuall ministered?
And have you been to Detroit lately? Talk about the ends of the earth! :shock:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: You should have highlighted the Judea and Samaria part.
I highlighted what I did because you are being obtuse. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: You should have highlighted the Judea and Samaria part.
I highlighted what I did because you are being obtuse. :I chortle audibly.:
Obese? Yes. Obtuse? Is that another level of obese?
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I suppose after Paul's conversion he should have just hung out in Damascus for the rest of his life with this way of thinking.

:roll:

People are called to minister in different places and in different areas. It would be like criticizing someone who ministers to older people suggesting that they should minister to young people instead because they will have a longer time to impact the world around them.

There are a lot of things that Ann Coulter has said over the years that I agree with but this was just silly and demonstrates a lack of understanding of Christ's message and commission.

By the way, I 100% agree we need to encourage people to look at their own backyard as a mission field. But with that being said, there is nothing wrong with those that choose to go to Africa and serve there or in some other place.

The problem isn't missionaries who leave this country and go overseas. The problem is those of us that are still here. What are we doing? Are we living insulated lives in our churches or do we truly reach out to our community? If anyone should be criticized it should be many of us. Not the Ebola doctor.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:I suppose after Paul's conversion he should have just hung out in Damascus for the rest of his life with this way of thinking.

:roll:

People are called to minister in different places and in different areas. It would be like criticizing someone who ministers to older people suggesting that they should minister to young people instead because they will have a longer time to impact the world around them.

There are a lot of things that Ann Coulter has said over the years that I agree with but this was just silly and demonstrates a lack of understanding of Christ's message and commission.

By the way, I 100% agree we need to encourage people to look at their own backyard as a mission field. But with that being said, there is nothing wrong with those that choose to go to Africa and serve there or in some other place.

The problem isn't missionaries who leave this country and go overseas. The problem is those of us that are still here. What are we doing? Are we living insulated lives in our churches or do we truly reach out to our community? If anyone should be criticized it should be many of us. Not the Ebola doctor.
I think we can all agree with that.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
"But, we're America! And the fact that you even think of others you a liberal. 'Cause, 'Merica!"

I summed up Ann Coulter's point for those too lazy to read :D

I'm almost certain the doctor went over there thinking, hey I'm helping people but if I could catch Ebola, that would really be swell!

I just don't see how anyone can defend Coulter's myopic twaddle. I don't know her religious beliefs, but the world needs Jesus, near and far.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]