This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
SIDs are certainly sales staff. We are all selling something if we are hustling.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:not doing it right.
Umm, my job is definitely not a sales position :lol:
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
I stayed in a Drury in Charlotte last year. It was fine. Embassy Suites is my favorite though. Better 'manager's hour' and way nicer facilities imo.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:I stayed in a Drury in Charlotte last year. It was fine. Embassy Suites is my favorite though. Better 'manager's hour' and way nicer facilities imo.
Woooaaahhhh.....stop the presses....a JDUB sighting?!?!?!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JDUB wrote:I stayed in a Drury in Charlotte last year. It was fine. Embassy Suites is my favorite though. Better 'manager's hour' and way nicer facilities imo.
I love me some Embassy Suites!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Meh, I stay in Embassy Suites quite a bit. They tend to be old facilities but are very reasonable.

I second the motion of shock at a JDUB sighting. Next thing you know, we might have Bryson drop by.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Meh, I stay in Embassy Suites quite a bit. They tend to be old facilities but are very reasonable.

I second the motion of shock at a JDUB sighting. Next thing you know, we might have Bryson drop by.
I'm with you Sly. I was staying up near Dulles a month ago and there are two Embassy's fairly close to each other. I ended up at the opposite one that had my reservation. The difference in quality between the two couldn't have been more extreme. Mine ended up feeling like a Motel 8. Caret was stained. Furniture was used and looked "stained". I was in the president's suite too. I love Hilton but some of their older properties are really showing their age.
Last edited by Kolzilla41 on August 9th, 2014, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Meh, I stay in Embassy Suites quite a bit. They tend to be old facilities but are very reasonable.

I'm with you Sly. I was staying up near Dulles a month ago and there are two Embassy's fairly close to each other. I ended up at the opposite one that had my reservation. The difference in quality between the two couldn't have been more extreme. Mine ended up feeling like a Motel 8. Caret was stained. Furniture was used and looked "stained". I was in the president's suite too. I love Hilton but some of their older properties are really showing their age.
I'll agree. I stay at a Double Tree in Johnson City every other week. It's not bad but it needs some 'help'. But the good properties are great. Of course, I stayed at a Hyatt in Dallas that had blood stains on the wall so...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Which one? I stay at Hyatt properties in Dallas regularly although I am at Westin Park Central tomorrow night.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Which one? I stay at Hyatt properties in Dallas regularly although I am at Westin Park Central tomorrow night.
DFW. You saw the pics on FB
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I avoid the DFW portion of the Metroplex unless absolutely necessary. Although there is good BBQ at Hard Eight near the north entrance.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I avoid the DFW portion of the Metroplex unless absolutely necessary. Although there is good BBQ at Hard Eight near the north entrance.
Sorta like the place you told me was by the US Airways gates but wasn't? :dontgetit
By Butter Knife
Registration Days
I had never stayed at a Drury Inn until our recent move to the Amarillo area from El Paso. I stayed at one of their inns for several nights over multiple stays.

I was impressed with the quality for the price.

I will definitely consider them in the future.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Whatever you do, do not stay at that Hampton Inn across from Randall HS. We stayed there before heading into Palo Duro Canyon back in June. The girl at the desk was awful. I wound up sending complaints ot corporate over her treatment of my family. Drury is definitely the way to go in the 'Rillo.

Yeah, I know. I get so few Texan references that I have to run with them.
By Butter Knife
Registration Days
Thanks for the heads-up. My family finally moved up here to Canyon on June 1, after our son graduated from high school in El Paso. Therefore, we probably won't be needing a hotel in the area any time soon, but that is good to know.

Our son and a friend from high school drove up to Liberty last week in my son's pickup. They moved into the dorms a week ago and started classes on Monday.

Along the way, I put them up in a Hampton Inn in Little Rock and a Choice Inn & Suites in Knoxville. There were not any Drury Inns that were convenient along I-40 & I-81, but I did look.
Last edited by Butter Knife on August 21st, 2014, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I believe I checked into the aforementioned Hampton Inn on June 1st. Small world.

It is a long haul form West Texas to Lynchburg. But you certainly see the landscape constantly change.
By JDUB
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
Woooaaahhhh.....stop the presses....a JDUB sighting?!?!?!

:D
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]