This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
One of the guys from Living Colour is supposedly managing them. They have been playing festivals the past few weeks attracting a bunch of attention. One of the kids does sing although none of the uploaded videos shows it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:One of the guys from Living Colour is supposedly managing them. They have been playing festivals the past few weeks attracting a bunch of attention. One of the kids does sing although none of the uploaded videos shows it.
Great a One Hit Wonder with a cross over genre. Although it was a pretty good hit!

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They were a great live band made up of incredible musicians. They had a few other songs that got radio play back when I was jocking in Lynchburg including Glamour Boys.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:They were a great live band made up of incredible musicians. They had a few other songs that got radio play back when I was jocking in Lynchburg including Glamour Boys.
You just proved my point. ha
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:This is a blasphemy to Heavy Metal. They will have a shorter career than Manudo did in America
I'm with you Haize. They're pretty good given their age and talent level but man, a $1.7 million signing? That is crazy.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
SeoulFlame wrote:Meet a metal guitarist real skill. Tosin Abasi. The future of metal. Don't waist your money on the kids sony.

[youtube]
[/youtube]
If the future of metal is a relatively unknown 31 year old who's been recording for over a decade, I'd say the genre is in trouble.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:If the future of metal is a relatively unknown 31 year old who's been recording for over a decade, I'd say the genre is in trouble.
Have you listened to the radio lately? I'd say it's in trouble. Here in Lynchburg (not the best litmus test, I know) there was basically one option for music, WNRN out of Charlottesville. Well, that station has become so boring I almost can't listen to it. Seems like Americana and folk, which I love to death, have taken over the indie scene. Rock has disappeared from the radio, unless it's classic rock.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
I think we can all agree that modern music sucks. There's a reason I only listen to four radio stations, two of which I live anywhere from 2-4 hours outside the regular broadcast area of. Venturing beyond those radio borders leaves you with a rich Australian girl who tries to act like she's from the ghetto of Atlanta, a girl who has dated, broken up with and written songs about more guys in the past four years than most people date their whole lives and a drug addled freak from New Zealand with no singing ability at all and Pharell Williams.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Everyone always says music today sucks regardless of if today is today or if today was ten years ago. There is great music being made all the time. There's horrible music being made all the time. It's always been like that and always will be like that.
By bluejacket
SuperJon wrote:Everyone always says music today sucks regardless of if today is today or if today was ten years ago. There is great music being made all the time. There's horrible music being made all the time. It's always been like that and always will be like that.
This is right in some ways. But I also think that much less of it is transgenerational.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
adam42381 wrote:If the future of metal is a relatively unknown 31 year old who's been recording for over a decade, I'd say the genre is in trouble.
Have you listened to the radio lately? I'd say it's in trouble. Here in Lynchburg (not the best litmus test, I know) there was basically one option for music, WNRN out of Charlottesville. Well, that station has become so boring I almost can't listen to it. Seems like Americana and folk, which I love to death, have taken over the indie scene. Rock has disappeared from the radio, unless it's classic rock.
we just lost our "rock" station here. not that it was any good but it was there. turned into a country station. we have 2 top 40's, 3 country stations, and 2 classic rock stations.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
If you is are looking for good music on the radio you are confused. There is still plenty of fantastic music out there. You just have to find it. The majority of popular music has been crap for 40 years. That will never change.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:If you is are looking for good music on the radio you are confused. There is still plenty of fantastic music out there. You just have to find it. The majority of popular music has been crap for 40 years. That will never change.
The 80's would disagree with that time frame Think of the bands still touring and still making money from that era. You won't see the same thing from this era's music. They have skipped the 'seasoning' part of their careers and paying their dues. Now he skip to the front of the line with the likes of American Idol. The artists today don't know how to play 'live'.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
the music industry today is completely different then the 80's. With all the different media types out there today to discover new music and music you like it makes it very difficult to have a long lasting, highly profitable career. It just is much different today. It is just not a fair comparison.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]