This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If I'm reading this correctly, LU is ranked "the tamest party school" in the nation--even ahead of Bob Jones. There's even a map that lists them state by state with the college logos.
Top 10 Tamest Party States:

Virginia – Liberty University – 10/10
California – Biola University – 9.75/10
South Carolina – Bob Jones University – 9.57/10
Alabama – Athens State University – 9.5/10
Pennsylvania – Messiah College – 9.45/10
Indiana – Taylor University – 9.25/10
Oklahoma – Oral Roberts University – 9.22/10
Maryland – The University of Maryland – University College – 9.2/10
Arkansas – Harding University – 9.15/10
Illinois – Wheaton College – 9.15/10

https://www.ecollegefinder.org/tamest-p ... s-map.aspx
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
It's based on college prowler ratings. It seems like a lot of BJU students don't go on college prowler for fear of getting in trouble for saying negative things about the school on the internet. That's why PCC isn't number 1 in Florida, they aren't on college prowler at all.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:If I'm reading this correctly, LU is ranked "the tamest party school" in the nation--even ahead of Bob Jones. There's even a map that lists them state by state with the college logos.
Top 10 Tamest Party States:

Virginia – Liberty University – 10/10
California – Biola University – 9.75/10
South Carolina – Bob Jones University – 9.57/10
Alabama – Athens State University – 9.5/10
Pennsylvania – Messiah College – 9.45/10
Indiana – Taylor University – 9.25/10
Oklahoma – Oral Roberts University – 9.22/10
Maryland – The University of Maryland – University College – 9.2/10
Arkansas – Harding University – 9.15/10
Illinois – Wheaton College – 9.15/10

https://www.ecollegefinder.org/tamest-p ... s-map.aspx
I have worked at 2 of the lamest parity schools and dated a girl from a 3rd. :D
Recruited by 3 others and have a friend who is a Prof at another.

And here I thought I was pretty exciting
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:I assume then this doesn't factor in what happens off-campus? There are a lot of wild ones over there at LU...
yup. No way we're tighter than BJU. No way.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:I assume then this doesn't factor in what happens off-campus? There are a lot of wild ones over there at LU...
yup. No way we're tighter than BJU. No way.
Since fun of almost any kind imaginable is either illegal or frowned upon at BJU almost any college in the country could say that.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
birchbark wrote:I've always heard that LU students throw the best parties in L-burg - ahead of all the other local colleges.
Not exactly much competition to be had outside of Lynchburg College.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
birchbark wrote:I've always heard that LU students throw the best parties in L-burg - ahead of all the other local colleges.
Randolph...at least when it was Randolph-Macon Woman's College :wink:
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
From what I've heard about Lynchburg College parties, if LU parties get that wild something is seriously wrong.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Im sure the girls kept it plenty entertaining...if they were anything like the girls at Chatham Hall (all girls boarding school up the road from where I went to military school)
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
back in my wilder days I would disagree with this list..LU had some pretty fun parties..but hey that was the old me..no judging
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Like I said, not exactly much competition
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Longwood and Hampden-Sydney also put on some good parties. When I attended Liberty, I knew several students from the Farmville area who'd "go home," on the weekends...reality was they were at either one of those schools for a party. From what I understand, no one ever got caught there...unlike the LC and RMWC parties.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Longwood and Hampden-Sydney also put on some good parties. When I attended Liberty, I knew several students from the Farmville area who'd "go home," on the weekends...reality was they were at either one of those schools for a party. From what I understand, no one ever got caught there...unlike the LC and RMWC parties.
My roommate told on my other roommate when he signed out to his parents house and went to a party at JMU. Parents were told and didn't care that he was going.

Needless to say, living in that room afterward SUCKED.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I had a roommate who would sign out to go home and would party at UNC Greensboro (or one of those UNC schools) and would come back totally hammered in the middle of the night so he could sober up before his RA spotted him. (we lived together I think a few weeks before he moved out after he got me put on probation because he had an R-rated movie and I didn't report it)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Whoa you got reps for not reporting it?? I knew that was a rule but never saw it enforced.

How many reps was that? Probation seems a bit rough.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:
ATrain wrote:Longwood and Hampden-Sydney also put on some good parties. When I attended Liberty, I knew several students from the Farmville area who'd "go home," on the weekends...reality was they were at either one of those schools for a party. From what I understand, no one ever got caught there...unlike the LC and RMWC parties.
My roommate told on my other roommate when he signed out to his parents house and went to a party at JMU. Parents were told and didn't care that he was going.

Needless to say, living in that room afterward SUCKED.
That was the other thing...don't make it known what you're doing. My parents were never called when I signed out and went home.

BJ...was that Adam Starnes who wrote those reps? Or was it Sam? I don't think Craig would've ever done something like that.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Whoa you got reps for not reporting it?? I knew that was a rule but never saw it enforced.

How many reps was that? Probation seems a bit rough.
It was 12 but I got it knocked down to 6 after I appealed to the RD (Darren Wu for those of you who remember him). I had gotten reps for a couple dress code violations (this was back when you couldn't even wear sneakers to class) and for room cleanliness so those reps put me over the 18 reps that kick in probation.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
oh goodness... I moved off campus my junior year and lived with SJ my senior year(Specifically so i could go to sheetz whenever i felt like it :)) I managed to stay out of major trouble. but don't tell me that LU doesn't have crazy parties. they just don't happen on campus.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
For the record, I only ever got 8 reps, late for convo twice (one rep each time), four for working during convo and not giving my RA a note, two for room cleanliness...or should I say there was one roommate who kept leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
Dean Wu easily one of the worst persons on the planet..such a bad example of Christianity in my opinion. I got put on probation and had to serve 40 hours in the ROT because an RA in one of my classes was giving me reps without telling me for like 3 months because my hair was too long. All of a sudden I get a phone call saying I have a meeting with Dean Wu.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I get reps for room crap from time to time but never for anything else. The people getting lots of reps just didn't care and were just in your face about how "bad" they were. I just broke the rules quietly. Haha
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]