This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-mos ... 54541.html

Interesting map. The most liberal town in VA is Alexandria (no shock there - though I'm sure Charlottesville could give them a run for their money). Most Conservative: Tangier, on an island in the Chesapeake Bay (not Lynchburg).

NC: Most liberal is actually Greensboro, not Asheville like I would've guessed.

And finally, Colorado City is not in or even on the border w/ Colorado. It is located in Arizona close to the border with Utah.
For LU decathlete Brandon Hoskins was from Garden City. Colorado City is known as the polygamy capital of America and Warren Jeffs' hometown. Sarita is a tiny spot along US 77 near Corpus Christi best known as a Border Point checkpoint where massive amounts of drugs are seized practically everyday.
prototype wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Charlotte or Durham is far more liberal than Greensboro. Also yeah Charlottesville is a tad more liberal than Alexandria.
I don't know about this...
From the 00 to 12 presidential elections, Charlottesville skews 46 percent to the Democrats (71.2% to 25.0), while Alexandria is 37 percent (67.6% to 30.4%).
Purple Haize wrote:Must be the meal taxes.....
Man you really are for the Meal's tax Haize;)

Spoke to a group yesterday from NOVA. They were going to bring a concept to downtown. Found out about Meal's Tax and pulled out. Not a big issue for you, but I'm sure there are many others doing the same thing...
jbock13 wrote:Charlotte or Durham is far more liberal than Greensboro. Also yeah Charlottesville is a tad more liberal than Alexandria.
Forget all of them, Chapel Hill is the ruler of liberalness in NC and as far as conservative, can the entire eastern region of NC be an option for winner?
bluedevilflame wrote:
Forget all of them, Chapel Hill is the ruler of liberalness in NC and as far as conservative, can the entire eastern region of NC be an option for winner?
I don't know, most natives on the Outter Banks seem more socially liberal and fiscally conservative, similar to attitudes around VA Beach.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]