This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
So did the Benham brothers go to EC Glass, LCA or homeschool? I guess that is where this discussion has turned.

And for the record, does "traditional homeschooling" still exist? And if so, what does that mean?

01lugrad - Keep shining that light! It is great to have believers still having an influence on public school kids. That was my one reluctance in pulling my son out of public school a few years ago.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:So did the Benham brothers go to EC Glass, LCA or homeschool? I guess that is where this discussion has turned.

And for the record, does "traditional homeschooling" still exist? And if so, what does that mean?

01lugrad - Keep shining that light! It is great to have believers still having an influence on public school kids. That was my one reluctance in pulling my son out of public school a few years ago.
yeah who knows...i don't even know how we got here.

homeschooling certainly has evolved for the better. i don't even know what traditional homeschooling would entail to be honest or how to define it.

we had someone chastise us for not allowing our smart/well behaved children to "influence" children in public schools. "what if all of those kids were pulled out of schools!! what would be left ?" grade school is mob rule. reason and logic do not prevail.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
When I mentioned traditional homeschooling, I was referring to the "mom is on her own" deal where you select a curriculum (i.e. a beka) and then proceed to work your way through it as best you can on your own. This is how it was when my kids were starting school. There were very few support groups and those that were there weren't always too helpful. Now you have extensive online resources (there wasn't much internet back then either) as well as homeschool schools where parents pool resources and teaching responsibilities.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Now, their business is being targeted.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/16/exclu ... z31tOSY1v3
First they lost their television show. Now the Benham brothers say they are losing their business.

SunTrust Banks is cutting ties with would-be reality stars David and Jason Benham after liberal activists attacked them for their conservative views on abortion and gay marriage, The Daily Caller has learned.

In a statement provided first to TheDC on Friday, the Benham brothers confirmed that SunTrust Banks has pulled all of its listed properties with the Benham brothers’ bank-owned property business, which includes several franchisees across four states.
Man, Christians need to get the heck out of politics and social issues. That way this stuff would never happen.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure some other bank will be happy to pick them up. I agree SunTrust went too far here, but in the not too distant past, it used to be next to impossible for gay couples to have a joint bank account together.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I'm sure some other bank will be happy to pick them up. I agree SunTrust went too far here, but in the not too distant past, it used to be next to impossible for gay couples to have a joint bank account together.
But they could have Individual and Business Accounts
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]