This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
Has anyone ever reached out either in person or email to JLFJR and said anything about Matt Barber? The only thing I agree with that SBC posters talk about is Matt Barber. He is a hateful, horrible example of Christ. He is, at least in appearance, the Pharisees that Jesus was talking about. I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle but I don't write articles on how disgusting they are and belittle them like Barber does. He would have been one of the people screaming at the woman at the well hoping his calling her a "whore" would bring her to Christ.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
so much truth in your post. If nothing has been done with yet then I doubt anything ever will.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:so much truth in your post. If nothing has been done with yet then I doubt anything ever will.
It's so frustrating. I am considering sending the latest article that I just read from him to JR and being like really? There's just nothing about those articles that he writes that I think do any good. I'd be interested to see if JR would respond. I LOVE Liberty and always will, even if Barber continues his crap but I would love for JR to tell him to back off the bashing and show some love, even if we do disagree with Hollywood's agenda.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I follow him on twitter just because I had never head of him until those sunbelt guys starting talking about him all the time. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. He's fairly unlikable. I don't know that I disagree a ton with him but he's got no tact and I can certainly see how he comes across as kind of hateful. He just started his own sort of "news" site with opinion articles and what not so I imagine there's also some pandering/shocking for clicks involved in that too. But then again, he's a lawyer and this is what they do.

It does sort of say something about how much those guys have had to dig when I, an alumnus who stays fairly well informed about the school, had never even heard of the guy until they started harping on him.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I also know nothing about him, but after skimming his website and the article from The Blaze, it seems that he's a miserable person who is full of hate and is pretty singularly focused on homosexuals. Plus, his profile picture makes him look like a smarmy douchenozzle. I'd love to hear Jr.'s defense of this guy.
By Liberty22
Registration Days Posts
That's what I'm saying. I don't understand why we let a guy like this stay on our payroll.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote:That's what I'm saying. I don't understand why we let a guy like this stay on our payroll.
Because the powers that be aren't that far removed from that line of thinking?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would concur with that assessment...(cue postman or PH making some snarky remark about me already contacting JLFJR)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
me??? snarky??? never!!!

Also I don't think JFJR is that harsh but I also don't think he or the powers that be care enough to do something. The whole Godwin thing kind of proves they really don't care that much about that sort of thing. They never have to be honest so I am not sure what I expect.

I love Liberty, but there have always been certain things that make me cringe about the place.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:whatever PERVERT
Maybe that is Matt's issue- a little prevert baggage.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You know shorty all youre doing (even if meant to make fun of me in jest) is making yourself look stupid, and overusing that word
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
You know shorty all youre doing (even if meant to make fun of me in jest) is making yourself look stupid, and overusing that word
Yeah, shorty. You look like a stupid pervert.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
That word is reserved for reprobates like Jerry Sandusky and for those who find enjoyment in making lewd jokes that should not be welcome on a family site such as this (or in the mouths of Christ followers, which I assume make up just about every person that makes up the regular posters of this forum)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
which is funny since BJ recently called adam a pervert on here. So I guess Adam is a child rapist.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
read and acknowledged
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:me??? snarky??? never!!!

Also I don't think JFJR is that harsh but I also don't think he or the powers that be care enough to do something. The whole Godwin thing kind of proves they really don't care that much about that sort of thing. They never have to be honest so I am not sure what I expect.

I love Liberty, but there have always been certain things that make me cringe about the place.
This is how I feel myself honestly.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: This is how I feel myself honestly.
another PERVERT

you all disgust me and BEEJAY
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You have room to talk shorty...the fact that you seem to misunderstand the idea of what a pervert is purely for sake of maliciously picking on me makes me think that you somehow are dead inside and don't even care about your own kids (which Im assuming you have)
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]