This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I have a nerd question. I've pretty much become disenamored with the iPhone, but I hate Google for various reasons.

If I buy a phone with Android, am I basically guaranteed to be spied on and tracked? Is there any way around this?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:I have a nerd question. I've pretty much become disenamored with the iPhone, but I hate Google for various reasons.

If I buy a phone with Android, am I basically guaranteed to be spied on and tracked? Is there any way around this?
i'm starting to want to look at a windows phone in the fall when my upgrade is due. I'm not sold on android either. not really on any phone OS but haven't looked so heavily i know which direction i want to go.

i have a 4s (previously a 3GS and 4 user) and ios 7 is pretty much turdsville and if i never opened up itunes again, i'm certain my life improves 100%.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:I have a nerd question. I've pretty much become disenamored with the iPhone, but I hate Google for various reasons.

Yes, there is a way around this. It's called not owning a cell phone.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]