This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I don't understand what we're complaining about here. Expansion of a building?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
nickrichard wrote:To me it just makes more sense to spend the money to finish the top 2 floors of DeMoss before you add onto another building. I do not know how the financial breakdown would go, but if you were to spend the money on DeMoss, move religion over there, you would be gaining much more space for the money. Maybe I am wrong on the breakdown, but from a layperson, it sounds like this would be a better course of action.
They can't. The entire 3rd floor of DeMoss is going to the womens' wrestling, bowling and table tennis programs. The 4th floor is being converted into a single monolithic hard drive to back up all the new computer labs.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Oh, yeah. :twisted:
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
freakin title 9. It's always messing everything up. Hopefully now that we now have sacrificed our 3rd floor to the women's sports god we can move up to the next level in hockey. And maybe add a water polo team.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Do we have a space to house the horses?? We could tie the whole water polo concept into opening a Veterinary School.
Last edited by A.G. on October 4th, 2006, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
AG there are no horses in Water Polo. You are thinking of Polo. Come on man we have visitors to our site. We have to pretend like we know this kind of stuff. :lol: You know our William and mary Tribe friends will be reading this stuff. :P :P
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
A.G. wrote:Do we have a space to house the horses?? We could tie the whole water polo concept into opening a Veternary School.
How many "veterns" can we house up there?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:there are so many rumors about the top 2 floors of demoss about why they aren't used and i found out this summer while working at liberty that none of them are true. There are plans to use the top 2 floors, they whole campus north thing has slowed it down, they want that building cleaned up inside, the plans from what I understand are to start on the top two floors of demoss within 2 years....they want to put some nice classrooms for the communications department up there, like studios and such as well as add a third floor to the computer lab and maybe even a food court, but the food court thing is doubtful, but it has been talked about...anyways thats the news on that....of course that could always change because this is liberty where they change their minds all the time and decide theme parks and letters on the mountain are more important then the school buildings.....
Let's of course hope at this point they have gone ahead with bringing those floors up to Fire Code specs before they build. I still have the email somewhere stating that "all departments who were scheduled to move to DeMoss 3 by fall 02 need to make contingency plans for remaining in their current locations. Due to several factors....... it has been decided to complete the construction of DeMoss, but only seek occupancy permits for floors one and two." It went on to say that "fire code would not permit any persons or material (apparently THAT has been neglected) to occupy the 3rd and 4th floor until it meets code. This is planned for Spring 03". (That is a rough quotation, but it was so funny I about have it memorized) As far as the "complaints" it would just be nice to, in the words of Sammy Haggar and the Van Halen boys to "Come on baby, finish what you started....."
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:AG there are no horses in Water Polo. You are thinking of Polo. Come on man we have visitors to our site. We have to pretend like we know this kind of stuff. :lol: You know our William and mary Tribe friends will be reading this stuff. :P :P
Ohhhhhhhh Willllllburrrrrrr
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]