This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
was shaq on campus today?? I was walking to Demoss half out of it and heard someone say "I just saw shaq" but didn't think anything of it because i thought he was kidding or something. I was just on facebook and a friend updated his status and said he had just met shaq....what is the deal anybody know???
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
A kid in my last class said he met Shaq the other day.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Shaq does his training to be a sherriff with the Bedford Co. Sherriffs office. He was here last summer too. I have seen a few folks that were around that week with pix on their facebook too. Every time the big fella is there I am out of town. I need to start working in Lynchburg.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, he worked out at LaHaye last summer.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah i have seen pics of shaq working out in the lahaye student center, but i thought it was a one time deal...didn't know he would keep coming back.....it be pretty crazy to meet him....and then ask him why he left the Orlando Magic all those years ago.....ok a little childhood bitterness still lives on, so what??
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
funny, I just got an email from spartan (who remembers that freakshow?) saying how he just shook shaq's hand and how tight the two of them are now.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I hear he and his cousin are looking to buy about 450 acres out in Bedford County.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Liberty's assistant coach Shaq? Just send him on a few recruiting trips.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yeah wasn't he supposed to have given us an oral commitment along with Chris Webber?????
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I wonder how much money I could make off of a ticket signed by Shaq? It'd more than pay for the fine. However, I wonder how many different tickets I'd have to get to have Shaq be the one to pull me over.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
shaq was at river ridge mall while in town for more blue ridge thunder training. GMTM may have more info soon involving shaq........
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Shaq becomes Liberty's newest benefactor, donating $40M of the proceeds from the IcyHot gig to help build the new $120M Candlers Convocation Center...In a related move, David Robinson visits campus on Feenstra's recommendation (or Sly's Omnipotent Texas Influence) and pledges an additional $20M...

On realistic note, UVA's new digs cost quite a few bones:
The announcement, made today by University President John T. Casteen III, comes just four months after an anonymous donor pledged an initial $20 million that allowed the University to proceed with plans for the $125 million, 12,000- to -15,000-seat arena.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
the whole bball team saw him at ihop, and couldnt stop talking about it
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
why am i always at the wrong places at the wrong times.....
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
he was at lahaye tonight, dunking on the staff guys. he took a little fall after one dunk. lol
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
From what I heard, he was at River Ridge Mall checking out jack*** 2 over the weekend.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
you stalkers have too much spare time on your hands
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I had to be pretty quiet about Shaq coming this weekend.. he flew into town on Friday morning about 9:00, He came in right off the plane to B&C Sports were he spend about 20 mins with us... Shaq flew out this morn, he was here to work with the Bedford Police department on a project that he has been working on with them for the last 2 years...Shaq is looking to buy land here... I was able to get a few personal autographs, I must say that he was pretty cool and my thoughts of him have changed a quit a bit.. I have a picture with him I don't remember how to post them on here
Last edited by givemethemic on September 25th, 2006, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Shaq is actually a pretty good guy away from the court. I've been around him quite a bit down here in his home state of Texas. He has a home here in Houston where he spends quite a bit of time in the offseason every year.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:... I've been around him quite a bit down here in his home state of Texas. He has a home here in Houston where he spends quite a bit of time in the offseason every year.
of course he does :roll:

everything is better in Texas

where's the YAWN emoticon?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
No state income tax. Every major athlete has a home in either Florida or Texas. In the NBA, Houston is the city of choice because of the summer pro league here at Fonde.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
yeah just like Orlando is huge in Florida, the athletes love it there...Shaq never sold his place there after he left the Magic either....I wish I could talk to shaq and just talk to him about the glory days of the magic and what might of been and exactly what went down with the Devos family in Orlando that made him want to leave the Magic....ok done thinking about the Magic and how they screwed themselves over...
CUSA Tournament Las Cruces, NM

We stay alive beating UTEP 13-10. McManus had 2 do[…]

2024 Season Thread

I wish. DBU is a bit of a haul even from my locati[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Group of Five schools to unveil all-new Top 25 As […]

Field Hockey

Oh I agree, I was just out of the loop.