This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I learned "Computerese" on the CLASSIS Atari 400. It didn't even have a traditional keyboard but had touch pads for keys so you had to type on it like an old non electric typewriter. The tape drive was actuall a casette tape (LOVE the old Memorex commerical with the guy in the chair)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Haha, wooo, they're making fun of LU on Studio 60.
By FlamingYalieWahoo
Registration Days Posts
Hey LU just made Studio 60!!!! (Monday October 2). A supposed student playing in a jeopardy-like game called Science- schmience, holding religious beliefs against incontravertible scientific evidence. The student is pitted against a witch, a member of the Taliban, an ultra-orthodox Jew.
By FlamingYalieWahoo
Registration Days Posts
Oh SuperJon we really have to get lives!!!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PeterParker's the same way.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Just a healthy dose of ADD...internet, T.V., Radio...it's all good. Should get an "office pool" going on what the next "Christian" organization to get lit up on the show...

Last week, Pat. This week, LU. Next week...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I really hope nobody takes offense to this.
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
The Amiga didn't completely bomb. The Amiga 500 was selling relatively well. What ruined Commodore is a new president took over around 1990, I think he was from Pepsi. At the time, Commodore was producing Commodore magazine, and it also helped produce another publication called Run!

He said that Commodore shouldn't be in the magizine business, and he stopped supporting Run and Commodore magizines. Well, that's where everyone went to find out about the newest C-64 and Amiga games.

When the magizine stopped, the computers died shortly thereafter.

The Amiga survied a little longer, and for a while, Commodore recognized the mistake and startes supporting one magizine, Commodore and Run combined.

However, a little later, Phillips introduced some kind of CD "game" entertainment system....something like the Imagination station or something like that.

Commodore thought it could do better, and introduced the CDTV...they took their money away from the Amiga, and tried to enter the video game market with the CDTV...it bombed, and the Amiga was no longer supported.

Atari made some neat computers after the 2600 and 7800 died. The Atari ST was a computer way ahead of it's time. It had a meg of memory, buit in MIDI ports, and a 3 1/2 disk drive, with a option for a CD-ROM drive, and could print on a laser printer...all back in the late 80s. Unbelieveably ahead of its time.

The ST sould right alongside the Macs numbers in Europe, but didn't catch on as well in the US...people still viewed Atari as the bombed out game company. The ST was starting to become popular...

But Atari too, tried to get back into the game market. They had some sucess with the Lynx, a color handheld ahead of its time.

But then they bombed with the Jaguar. A powerful N64 like system, with no software support. Atari's mistake was trying to produce all of their software "in-house". Sony was much smarter, when they got into the game market, they bought the company, Psygnosis, and it became their in house developer. They were the ones that later made the 989 sport games, I believe.

OK...I love old compter stuff.

BTW...you can download some emulators and play the C-64 games in all of their glory...it works pretty well. I had a CD with like 300 games on it, and you ran them through the emulator.

They made a game a while back called Return to Zork. If anyone remembers the old Zork role playing games that were text based. Return to Zork is a multi-media game for a PC with a CD-ROM...but at the title screen, it starts with the screen looking like the C64 version, and then it disolves into the new title screen...nice touch...I think Broderbound makes it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I am soooo hooked on my DVR now that I am using INCREDIBLE self control to not start watching the new show until about 45 minutes or so in. That way I can see the WHOLE thing w/out commercials. Of course it is killing me having to wait. I have seen all the webisodes twice now so I am prepped. SIX is looking SOOOOOOOO fine! Starbuck has long hair ( 8) How YOU doin) Lee has put on some poundage and we know have Colonel Bligh, I mean Tigh with only one eye. Tick tock Tick Tock
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I miss Nacho Libre already.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That hurts
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]