This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
It needs to be talked about here and we need to have fun with it.

First, Disney did the intro right by doing this instead of just a regular presser:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Then, 22 Little Words put together some great poster pics including Pixar Wars and Honey I Shrunk the Empire:

http://twentytwowords.com/2012/10/31/20 ... lucasfilm/

Now that George Lucas is out of the way, maybe we'll get a decent Star Wars movie again. Supposedly they're going to do Episodes 7, 8, and 9 with the date for Episode 7 already set.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It can't be worse the Episode 1-3!

I wonder how the will work the Avengers into it? Will Iron Man be Darth Vaders illegitimate son?
Will the Muppets be the new Wookies?
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
Don't forget the LucasFilm properties involve Indiana Jones as well. I say they just give everything to the Pixar guys and let them run with it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:Don't forget the LucasFilm properties involve Indiana Jones as well. I say they just give everything to the Pixar guys and let them run with it.
I wonder how much of the books will appear in the new movies. They do tie (fighter) right in.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
I know someone who works(ed?--the job situation hasn't been addressed yet) for LucasFilms in the computer graphics area and he said they are rumored to be going down the path of the Knights of the Old Republic video games, but maybe not for episodes 7-9.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:I know someone who works(ed?--the job situation hasn't been addressed yet) for LucasFilms in the computer graphics area and he said they are rumored to be going down the path of the Knights of the Old Republic video games, but maybe not for episodes 7-9.
I'm not as familiar with those as the books but it makes sense.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Any new movies are going to be tough to pull off. There was one thing that made Star Wars what it is: Darth Vader. It'll be so hard to recapture that.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
I'm just pulling for Nathan Fillion playing a slightly older Han Solo. It seems like a role he exists to play.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:I'm just pulling for Nathan Fillion playing a slightly older Han Solo. It seems like a role he exists to play.
That would be a good choice. Plus he already has a huge Sci Fi following
By bluejacket
Now less than one week out.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Wait... Are you saying that they have made a new Star Wars movie? When did that happen? lol

(I have my ticket for opening night Thursday).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Wait... Are you saying that they have made a new Star Wars movie? When did that happen? I chortle audibly.

(I have my ticket for opening night Thursday).
I hope Capt Kirk makes an appearance......

NO SPOILERS.

I'm waiting until the following week to see it. Don't like being in big crowds for movies
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: I'm waiting until the following week to see it. Don't like being in big crowds for movies
You had better wait more than a week then.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Whoever said, "Let's release Alvin and the Chipmunks on December 18th, 2016!" needs to be fired.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Whoever said, "Let's release Alvin and the Chipmunks on December 18th, 2016!" needs to be fired.
Maybe, maybe not. SW is rated PG-13, and the lines will be really long for a while.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I will create a new thread for those of us who have seen SW:TFA or who don't care about spoils. You really shouldn't read it, however, until you have watched the movie.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]