This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Independent Now is the newest member of the 90.9 family. We strive to play the best in independent music. If you are in a band or know of a band and would like to be played on 90.9's Independent Now please e-mail Jesse at jlgray2@liberty.edu for more info or drop your bands demo off at the WWMC studios located in the Liberty courtyard and say you want to drop this off for Jesse Gray to listen to.

Lets make this show the best show possible, and we need YOU to do it!

You can also mail your demo to

Jesse Gray
WWMC
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24502
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
come on nobody on here knows of any unsigned bands they could tell me about??? there has got to be some into music on this board!
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Odds are that if they're an unsigned band, then nobody -- including us -- has heard of them.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I like a lot of indie bands, but not a lot of indie bands you could play on 90.9. (That's actual independent bands, not indie as a genre...which is ridiculous.)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm with Scorcho.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
alright, well just keep your ears open around campus...i am trying to do the same...i am trying to make this show as credible as possible. Aquiring enough music to do a solid show will take a little time.....and yes indie rock as a genre never really made sense to me...its one of those things that is open to interpertation i think....but whatever
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
does LU have any good bands roaming around campus nowadays? In my heyday there were a bunch of good ones. The battle of the bands in the Schilling was a real good show.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I thought you were talking about Independent Baptist, they only sing hymns don't they???? lol

Seriously, my daughter knows some kids that have a good band, I will try to get them to send in something.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:I thought you were talking about Independent Baptist, they only sing hymns don't they???? lol

Seriously, my daughter knows some kids that have a good band, I will try to get them to send in something.
sounds good man

and there are some....but a lot of the band keep it more low key then before...they like put school first or something crazy like that...but there are some

the plan for the show is 50-60% local artists, 20-30% other unsigned bands from around the country that are good and should be signed, and then like 20% will be bands just recently signed within the last 6 to 8 months. That is the plan anyways...the show should be up and running in 2 weeks
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:does LU have any good bands roaming around campus nowadays? In my heyday there were a bunch of good ones. The battle of the bands in the Schilling was a real good show.
how do you define good?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
All you have to do is head over to my podcast and hit some of the links. Three Cord Wonder, Jack In The Pulpit, and How Ironic are a few of my favorites right now (though 3CW has signed to Speak Records, so I don't know how "indie" they are anymore).
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]