This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ok who's getting it? Who has played the Demo? I haven't played Madden since Madden 2010. 3 seasons ago I was pretty good online on PS 3 but I retired once I saw we were having a baby....But just like Brett Favre, I'm back! I love the demo and can't wait to purchase the real thing tonight at midnight like a real geek.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It takes a football video game to bring you out of the woodwork? Welcome back!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ive been lurking. I am just glad that FF isn't blocked here at work. I have chimed in on a few things over the summer but I have not be an active poster. I was just thinking today that I need to get plugged back in now that the Fall is near. I couldn't name 5 current Liberty basketball players earlier today since I have been so far removed. I don't think I could name 2 football players. Looking forward to seeing you and the fam in October Sly!
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I'll be picking it up for PS3. Loved playing the demo with RG3...should be fun to play with the Redskins for the first time, since, ever.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:I'll be picking it up for PS3. Loved playing the demo with RG3...should be fun to play with the Redskins for the first time, since, ever.
You're thinking of NCAA. The Madden demo is Giants-49ers.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
The demo had 2 different matchups: Seahawks @ Redskins was the other matchup. I used Seattle for most of the time because I liked their playbooks but I switched to San Francisco a few days ago. Man do they have some serious weapons. Once again I will be using the Eagles this season as I have for the past several years. I can't wait to get to practice with Vick. Going to be an adjustment for me though since I have not used a lefty QB that much.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:The demo had 2 different matchups: Seahawks @ Redskins was the other matchup. I used Seattle for most of the time because I liked their playbooks but I switched to San Francisco a few days ago. Man do they have some serious weapons. Once again I will be using the Eagles this season as I have for the past several years. I can't wait to get to practice with Vick. Going to be an adjustment for me though since I have not used a lefty QB that much.
Until he goes out with a rib injury
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:The demo had 2 different matchups: Seahawks @ Redskins was the other matchup. I used Seattle for most of the time because I liked their playbooks but I switched to San Francisco a few days ago. Man do they have some serious weapons. Once again I will be using the Eagles this season as I have for the past several years. I can't wait to get to practice with Vick. Going to be an adjustment for me though since I have not used a lefty QB that much.
Wow. Not sure how I missed that. I played The demo a couple times and never tried changing the matchup. I'll be trying it out with the Skins tomorrow.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Last bought Madden in '11 and really liked it. Played it all of last season too. Thinking of getting '13 this week ... the presentation looks incredible and I definitely want to have Newton, Griffin and Luck in the game. Looks like a pretty serious upgrade over '11.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
We should play online. I'm timscar20. Lang, TD let's connect. Hit me with a request. I'm not Online ready just yet but I'm getting there. I've been practicing against the computer on Madden level. It is tough to get a win. I can't seem to find a playbook I like on offense or defense. Give me a week or two and I'll be ready to get back into the top 10,000.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
I really miss the franchise mode, but the tackle system is great. The major game play improvement is that you can trip over your own players. No more running up the back of your dominant Offensive linemen and gaining 4 yards everytime. You have to be patient in the run game, I like it.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
It still has a lot of cheezy things in it online though. You really have to be careful who you play. I had a guy get the onsides kick 4 times in a row. I needed to work on my defense so I just kept playing but I wanted to get outta that game. You can't even see that the guy is in onsides formation until you break the huddle. That's not very realistic. I didn't know how to audible to an onsides formation fast enough. I am trying to only play people I know as much as possible now. I do love the tackling and the Physics engine though. It is so realistic.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
i hate that, your a weenie if you onside kick every time. Then again, most guys that play with Vick are :0. I'm Soxyman15, i play with the skins if your on.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I'll hit you with a request next weekend when I get to play next jinxy. I haven't played many guys online this year. I joined an online community with guys I know and we play on the All Madden level which is a little different. I don't get to play against Vick because I use the Eagles all the time. That's my team. I do like SF though. Lots of weapons and a really good D.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There is a high school in Arkansas who certainly heeds that advice successfully.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]