This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
slow day...

but since Anthony Evans appeared on NBC The Voice this past season....

Currently...

John Glosson-- is signing on ABC the Duets. Was on the Sounds of Liberty
Victoria Henley-- is on CW's America's Next top Model. Current Student and is Jewish FWIW.
Trent Garrett-- Actor, was on All My Children and is appearing in the movie Rebounding. Attended one semester before dropping out to pursue acting
Mike Bullock- Creator of Lions, Tigers, and Bears, comic is being made into a movie by Paramount. It's being produced by the guy who produced Transformers, Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Liberty Grad

thanks to wiki :pbjtime
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Sam Steele
Tim Scarborough
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Shannon Bream
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Reality TV has been littered with LU folks over the years. Our own FlameFans poster Josh Cox was on the Bachelor a few years back.

And there are a ton of LU alumni who have been in local TV news for decades. Other than the occasional Fox Sports gig, I no longer am among them.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:Victoria Henley-- is on CW's America's Next top Model. Current Student and is Jewish FWIW.

Wow...is she still able to attend with the new opportunities that will come from this? I'd be shocked if she did...
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:
ballah09 wrote:Victoria Henley-- is on CW's America's Next top Model. Current Student and is Jewish FWIW.

Wow...is she still able to attend with the new opportunities that will come from this? I'd be shocked if she did...
according to her video she''s doing online. still pretty cool seeing Liberty's name in a different area that you wouldn't expect to see it in esp. w/ a different faith. breaks the stereotype. the season is a college edition too.

Sly I know there were i couple people on American Idol, Survivor, and Big Brother from LU.

oh and Dante Marchitelli does Orlando Magic Post game
Last edited by ballah09 on July 4th, 2012, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I had a former student on the old WWS show TUFF ENUFF.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Sam Steele
Tim Scarborough
Ray Jones, Mike Tilley, DJ Jordan, Matt Hildebrand, Paul Nazigian and Erin McKeown are all Liberty grads as well. Throw in Nick Pierce too if we are including Flames Television.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
LUconn wrote:Sam Steele
Tim Scarborough
Ray Jones, Mike Tilley, DJ Jordan, Matt Hildebrand, Paul Nazigian and Erin McKeown are all Liberty grads as well. Throw in Nick Pierce too if we are including Flames Television.
:D Beautiful woman
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Oh yeah, Vic Mignogna is like a bonified celebrity in the anime realms. he's the voice of a ton of stuff on TV.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Oh yeah, Vic Mignogna is like a bonified celebrity in the anime realms. he's the voice of a ton of stuff on TV.
How do you get to be a voice on TV? I could totally do that.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Come down to Houston and try out. I almost did a few years back but decided I enjoyed life outside a studio considerably more. But I know a ton of people have made a nice living off the gig. Vic certainly seems to be thriving in the business.

I have a feeling Rooster remembers him from back in the day along with a number of our other Old Hag posters.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely. Worked with Vic on commercials as a student and with LBN. Also worked with him on "Act It Out". Had no idea where he was or what he was doing.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I tweeted this last night but I think it is worth repeating:

Now that Christian Ponder is engaged to Sam, can his new nickname be "The Man of Steele?"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Perhaps it would be Christian of us to ponder your suggestion for a day or so.
And you say MY puns are lame......
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]