This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are madly in love and couldn't wait. A public young Christian couple is rare and I hope they can be decent role models.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger....
Based on the average career length of an NFL player, she'll be supporting him for a long time! :D

I do hope they just had schedule issues and have a great life. Although they SHOULD have gotten married in Vegas!
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are madly in love and couldn't wait. A public young Christian couple is rare and I hope they can be decent role models.
Maybe she wanted to wait until after marriage and he figure - "What the Heck - if it doesn't work out - I'll just divorce her..., it's what everyone else does." Marriage is the new "Going Steady".

Maybe it's mean, but she has to be pregnant? I guess we will have an answer in a few months...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:I had a former student on the old WWS show TUFF ENUFF.
Old post I know, just ran across it. I knew her...
Wow. That is old. If memory serves she was on track to win it until her mom ran into some $$ problems. Wonder what happened to her.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Her name was Rebekah something. My roommate at the time was kind of dating her when it aired. She came over and watched a couple episodes at our apartment.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JK37 wrote:Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger....
Based on the average career length of an NFL player, she'll be supporting him for a long time! :D

I do hope they just had schedule issues and have a great life. Although they SHOULD have gotten married in Vegas!
As long as Ponder only has to turn around and hand the ball to AP... he shouldn't have much to worry about.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He should have plenty to worry about on Sunday with JJ Watt having him clearly in his sights.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Well she may not be pregnant guys. Don't be so cynical. I got married in a courthouse 15 years ago and we were not expecting. Our child is not even 2 yet so do the math haha.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Well she may not be pregnant guys. Don't be so cynical. I got married in a courthouse 15 years ago and we were not expecting. Our child is not even 2 yet so do the math haha.
Wow. Lots of material there........wish I had more time.......
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Holy thread revivals, Batman!

So I am driving with my teenage kids the other day leaving a Super Bowl party and one of them mentions something about voice actors. I tell them about the time I did the 20k+ lines of play-by-play for the NFL QB Club title that was supposed to drop on PS2 and other platforms of the day. The NFL was trying to come up with a competitor to EA's Madden a couple of decades back due to licensing issues. They weren't impressed. Then I mentioned how everyone in Houston tried to get me to do voiceover for the English dubs on Japanese anime for ADV Films back years ago. It was too long of a commute across town and the pay wasn't great so I passed.

Then I mentioned my old LU classmate and fellow Houstonian Vic Mignogna had gotten into that and was supposedly a big deal at Comicons as a result. They quickly looked up his IMDb and almost instantly starting freaking out. Keep in mind I have interviewed presidents, famous actors and more high profile athletes than you can possibly imagine. They simply roll their eyes. But VIC MIGNOGNA has them in totally freaking out! He was Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist and played roles in Dragonball Z and other projects. Apparently that is a HUGE deal for Gen Z. My son went back to A&M after the Super Bowl and is bragging to all his roommates that his dad knew and is Facebook verifiably connected to Edward Elric. Ay chihuahua.

I do not understand this generation.
LU 57, stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
This would also be true for millennials. I know very few dudes my age who didn’t watch Dragonball Z every day after school. Fullmetal Alchemist would have been juuuust past my time, premiering in America during my senior year of high school, but I know it was a big deal in the anime world.

What’s interesting to me is your kids knowing these old shows. These shows were solidly in the millennial timeframe, with DBZ’s English production run going from 96 to 03 and Fullmetal Alchemist premiering in English in 2004.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My son watched Dragonball Z back in his Pokemon phase in elementary school. But the anime culture among Gen Z is insane. I don't get it ... at all. But apparently Vic is a legitimate superstar to these kids. He's appeared in tons of popular anime series but Fullmetal Alchemist appars to be the one that blows everybody's minds among the teen/Early 20s set. Again, I don't get it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Anime has really picked up in popularity over the past 20 years or so and you're right Sly, with Gen Z it has gone to a whole different level. I have noticed that with some of the younger Airmen coming in these days. I'd much rather them be into that than out getting DUI's so I won't complain, haha.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
When I first moved to Houston back in 2002 there were these commercials running incessantly (almost as many as Mattress Mack) that featured a surfing theme for a local ISP. Yep, that's Vic singing and being Vic.

I suspect that looks the Vic you remember, flamehunter. And I suspect that jingle will haunt all your dreams forever.
flamehunter liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]