This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
BREAKING NEWS
Updated: 1:20 a.m. ET Sept. 4, 2006

BRISBANE, Australia - Steve Irwin, the Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the “Crocodile Hunter,” was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition, Australian media said. He was 44.

Irwin was filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Queensland state when the accident occurred, Sydney’s The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its Web site.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp. said Irwin was diving near Low Isles near the resort town of Port Douglas, about 1,260 miles north of Brisbane.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The only thing surprising is that it was a stingray. This man had walked on the edge for a L O N G time.

I'm not quite sure how I am going to explain this to a my 4-year-old.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The somewhat "funny" thing was the amount of college students calling and IMing each other around 12:30 letting each other know. You would've thought the Queen of England died.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Of all the ways you would think Irwin could have died, even considering his lifestyle, this wouldn't have even cracked my top 100. Snake venom, plane crash, mauled by a crocodile, gangrene, even mosquito-borne encephalitis maybe, but stabbed in the heart by a stingray?
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
no the funny thing about it was during convo when clayton king tried telling the students no one believed him and everyone started laughing, and he was like "IM NOT KIDDING, HES REALLY DEAD" people started laughing even more
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cue" "Shot through the heart and your to blame youve been stabbed by a stingray..............."
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You're dating yourself, Senor Haize.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Clayton king announced it at convo today, and i thought it was a joke. I mean the whole stadium started laughing! even him, and Rob Jackson.
By PastorZack
Registration Days Posts
i bet his two children didn't think it was funny
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
My first respose (when my husband got my attention, yanking my nose out of the book I was reading on the way to a fair b/c he heard on the radio) was, "...by a crocodile?" Irwin did push it with his baby near the crocodile- no matter how much experience....
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
While I was at work today, my son overheard the story on the news and he burst into tears. I imagine he was far from the only little boy around the world with similar reactions.
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
LU students don't watch the news. I'm dating myself here, but I remember my freshman year at LU, when Princess Diana died. I told some friends about it, and they thought I was joking. IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS.

Of course, they insisted the subsequent rumor about Adam Sandler's death was legitimate, despite the fact that it garnered nary a mention on the local or national news.

My attempt to spread a rumor about Ralph Macchio's death met with limited success.

A week later, Chris Farley died. No joke.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I remember the rumor around campus about Bobby McFarrin dying. He of the famous song "Don't Worry Be Happy." It was said that he committed suicide. With no cable TV and a crappy Lynchburg newspaper, the rumor spread like wildfire.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yes, I was up at 1:00 IMing everyone on my dorm about his death...in completely unrelated news, I can now get ESPN in my room on campus :D
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]