This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:Oh, and the lawyer representing Sandusky, fathered a child with a 16 year old when he was 49. You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/s ... RSdr9zeutK
People from bedford county do that here all the time :lol:
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i expect a drop in their bond rating. i also expect a mass exodus from the place. students, new applicants, boosters, corporate sponsors, scholarshiped athletes. to be honest i wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a university at all in 5 years once the dust has settled and the criminal charges and civil suits may be finished ( i expect civil suits to last a long time)
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Sandusky, if you're going to do a phone interview, and you are asked if you are sexually attracted to adolescent boys, DONT START YOUR ANSWER WITH A PAUSE!

Why is everyone involved talking to the media about this? McQueary just edited his story, and Sandusky has nailed his own coffin through the media. THIS CRAP CAN BE USED AGAINST YOU IN COURT!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I agree, Paterno is a dirty nasty coach. I saw an something on the internet about it, so it must be true. Here's a link

stopplacinglinksthatdontgiveadescriptionofwhatyourearguing.com

Oh, and every time you talk about, don't forget to repeat as follows: "the sex scandal that rocked the campus."
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
What?!? A coach is stepping in to back his players and help get a more lenient punishment ? :shock: I say :shock: Any good coach would do that. I m sure he netted out his own punishment as well. There is not a whole lotta 'there' there.

Oh, and I am sure she doesn't have anything but purity of motive. Never mind that axe she is grinding.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Literally just heard his defense attorney said that it's normal to teach kids how to shower at the age of 12 or 14 and things like how to apply soap. This is one of the worst/sickest defense statements/comments I've ever heard.

I swear I hope they put him and Sandusky whatever prison has the biggest baddest dudes alive. Then they can teach them how to shower and apply soap.

I used to think it would be awesome to be a defense attorney and try to figure out ways to get people off things....but only if you some how knew they were innocent and you actually did good with it. Working to put people like this on the streets is awful. I dont know how you sleep at nights.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I say 3 years. Patriot coaches don't seem to last very long elsewhere. And Charlie Weiss wouldn't make one optimistic about the college ranks
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:Can someone explain the animosity from the former players towards this hire? I don't get why they don't like it.
Because Joe Paterno is respected by his players and they know he was unfairly fired.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:Can someone explain the animosity from the former players towards this hire? I don't get why they don't like it.
it's CCU all over again.

eerily similar- except that CDB didnt leave with a huge black eye like JoePa
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
From what I can tell the reason for the dislike is that they werent "consulted" and that it isnt somebody who had prior connections to Happy Valley
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
1-100) Because his name isn't Joe Paterno
101) Because he isn't a "big name" hire. They are delusional if they thought they would get a "big name" coach
102) He's not a Penn State guy. Like that is really needed to succeed, Les Miles isn't an LSU guy and Nick Saban isn't an Alabama guy and they are doing pretty well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
And there are a significant number of LSU fans who wouldn't shed a tear if Miles was gone.
By jmdickens
Registration Days Posts
Haize...

LSU is playing for a title tomorrow night and is undefeated. I am sure "significant number" is actually a "small margin" of fans. They are also idiots
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The LSU fans I am around everyday have a love-hate relationship with Les. They love the overall results but his horrendous game decisions drive everyone bonkers. You can't argue with the caliber of recruits he is bringing in. He has done a fantastic job of keeping Louisiana kids home and dipping into the Texas talent pool for players who typically had no chance getting into UT or A&M.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmdickens wrote:Haize...

LSU is playing for a title tomorrow night and is undefeated. I am sure "significant number" is actually a "small margin" of fans. They are also idiots
See. Sly agrees with me! Lol. I have been baffled by it myself, but it is there. Listen/look at the comments at the beginning of every year. I agree 100% that it makes nonsense but then again we are talking Louisiana and SEC football. Rationality is to common in either case!
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]