This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Exactly...NotAJerry is making it sound like its a Herculean (read: virtually impossible) task. I think that given the right people in the administrative positions, and the right hire (as this will take quite a bit of time) as head coach and the right accountability structures put it place, you can see Penn State's reputation being rebuilt. Its not going to be an immediate change but as long as the changes are made, in time, good things will start coming out of Happy Valley again
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
AD has stepped down, President tonight, and now I don't think PSU can let Joe Pa be on the sideline this Saturday. Two out of three are out, he needs to go NOW!
BJWilliams wrote:Exactly...NotAJerry is making it sound like its a Herculean (read: virtually impossible) task. I think that given the right people in the administrative positions, and the right hire (as this will take quite a bit of time) as head coach and the right accountability structures put it place, you can see Penn State's reputation being rebuilt. Its not going to be an immediate change but as long as the changes are made, in time, good things will start coming out of Happy Valley again
I would argue that a lifetime is a loooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggg time.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There is a part of me that feels bad for Joe. He reported it to who he was suppose to and as protocol says to. I know that personally if I was told about one of my former coaches touching boys I would on the phone with the cops to get an investigation going immediately. So that is what another part of me doesn't feel bad for Joe.

Through ALL of this lets not lose focus on the man who actually committed these crimes. He is the monster, lets not forget that
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Ok. Let’s be honest. Joe Paterno runs that town. He runs the school. If he wanted it reported it would have been reported. If he didn’t, it wasn’t going to be. That’s the bottom line. Let’s not act like the AD is really his superior.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:The way some of you have your heads in the sand supporting Paterno is sickening. Sickening. SMH
I never said I was supporting JoePa in this situation BYD, I was simply addressing NotAJerry's endgame proclamation
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
There are way too many stupid comments on this thread.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:
jbock13 wrote:There are way too many stupid comments on this thread.
And they all begin with your screen name.
I laughed
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Yeah... I fully understood the consequences of me saying that, but it didn't quite turn out the way I thought.

Oh well. :lol:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
btw have any of you read any of the articles from Jemele Hill, (a.k.a ESPN's Al Sharpton?). She needs to be fired immediately. She's the biggest joke ever. She's not a journalist. Everything is racist and sexist to her. Her article about Jo Pa is no exception.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
After re reading the indictment, I really have a difficult time putting a lot of blame at JoPas feet. He reported what he knew and trusted that those who were responsible would handle it. Blame goes to the University Police President and VP. Could JoPa have done more, probably, but he believed that the situation had been handled and probably couldn't believe that his friend would be such a hideous monster. There was no evidence that he was given any other negative follow up so just assumed everything was fine. I actually have more respect for him now.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jemele Hill has been suspended and reprimanded numerous times by ESPN for her work. If she wasn't an African-American woman, she likely would have been fired by now.

During the 2008 NBA Playofs, she got in hot water for saying "Rooting for the Celtics is like saying Hitler was a victim. It's like hoping Gorbachev would get to the blinking red button before Reagan. Deserving or not, I still hate the Celtics." She got suspended a week and was forced to issue an apology.

In 2009, she told Packers fans to give Brett Favre the "Duracell treatment" - aka throw batteries at him.

Also in 2009, she compared John Calipari to Charles Manson. She was forced to apologize to Kentucky.

I figured out a long time ago that my quality of life would improve significantly by ignoring her.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
but that's the thing... they still push all her hateful biggoted ignorance like its rational thought.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I swear at this point you'd think Jo Pa raped the kids...

This whole thing is just stupid. Hang the guy who raped the kids. And then we're done here.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I swear at this point you'd think Jo Pa raped the kids...

This whole thing is just stupid. Hang the guy who raped the kids. And then we're done here.
People who covered it up deserve to be punished. How can you think otherwise? This is the kind of attitude that enables stuff like this to happen unabated...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:but that's the thing... they still push all her hateful biggoted ignorance like its rational thought.
Next she will say she was sexually harassed by Herman Cain!

I agree JBock. He will be allowed to ride into the sunset and I think that's appropriate.
What did he cover up? He reported what he knew. Was it his fault it wasn't followed up on?

And as I type he was fired. Very unfortunate all the way around. Added classlessness to classlessness
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:

People who covered it up deserve to be punished. How can you think otherwise? This is the kind of attitude that enables stuff like this to happen unabated...
But where did Joe cover it up? Others did, but he didn't. That's my point.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Joe surname looked like a guy getting pummeled at his press conference. He could not give a reason why they had to fire him tonite. Couldn't answer ANY questions. I wonder if they will give back the millions he donated to the school since they think he is such a pariah. He was willing to walk at the end of the season and they should have let him retain that and give him some dignity. He deserves that much
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:

But where did Joe cover it up? Others did, but he didn't. That's my point.
Didn't call the police. He was morally obligated to do that and he failed to do so. Just because you follow the letter of the law doesn't mean you acted as ethically as you should have. People have to be held accountable for their ethics and moral character, not just to the law. I'm not even Christian and it's sad I have to be the one saying that to Christians on here...
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]