This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
is this defense lawyer learning on the job. hilariously bad at reexamination.

is it true you smoked pot?

yeah Sandusky would take me to go buy it

uhhhhhhhhh ok. *chirp* *chirp*
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I've watched enough TV to know as a lawyer you never ask a question you don't already know the answer too. :dontgetit
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i heard he will be requesting to serve his sentence in a pennsylvania juvenile detention facility
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Never really understand the whole suicide watch thing? What do we care? Animals like this should be encouraged...On less inmate to pay for for the next 40-60 years. Should have rope and pills as a standard in all jail cells. Sounds like an UN-Christian thing to say, but it's hard for me to forgive someone that has abused innocent children.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:i heard he will be requesting to serve his sentence in a pennsylvania juvenile detention facility
That's so wrong......yet so funny
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Never really understand the whole suicide watch thing? What do we care? Animals like this should be encouraged...On less inmate to pay for for the next 40-60 years. Should have rope and pills as a standard in all jail cells. Sounds like an UN-Christian thing to say, but it's hard for me to forgive someone that has abused innocent children.
That's the easy way out. Let them suffer the rest of their days. They are the lowest of the food chain in prison. Let him look over his shoulder every day and night experiencing the fear and hopelessness his victims felt.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Never really understand the whole suicide watch thing? What do we care? Animals like this should be encouraged...On less inmate to pay for for the next 40-60 years. Should have rope and pills as a standard in all jail cells. Sounds like an UN-Christian thing to say, but it's hard for me to forgive someone that has abused innocent children.
As much as I want to agree with this, I also want to point out that people on long term/life sentences usually die earlier than those who get a death sentence. Apparently they appeal far less since they're not trying to stave off imminent death and don't take care of themselves as well. It's a bizarre stat, and I only know it because it was brought up in a death penalty discussion when I was doing admin work for a law firm.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
There's a ton of people who have an eerie fascination with this entire story.

I mean the guys guilty... let's move on.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:There's a ton of people who have an eerie fascination with this entire story.

agreed. not even in the news up here anymore.

looks like a southern/western thing?
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
jbock13 wrote:There's a ton of people who have an eerie fascination with this entire story.

It was front page on ESPN/lead story on Sports Center just a few days ago. It's still national in scale.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
NotAJerry wrote:
PAmedic wrote:

It was front page on ESPN/lead story on Sports Center just a few days ago. It's still national in scale.
ok.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is looking the other way in order to protect JoePa's program that allowed this mess to spiral out of control. The I guess some are quick to forget recent lessons or to continue to pretend like everything is just fine.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
the whole thing blew up.

it was obviously a mess, those who covered it up are gone and/or will be.

I'm comfortable betting my next paycheck that if this involved a certain university in TX that there would be a lot less interest around here.

as I said. next.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Not from me. I don't get easily riled up but when it comes to sexual abuse of kids it gets personal for me. I've seen the devastation in my family firsthand.
By NotAJerry
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:the whole thing blew up.

it was obviously a mess, those who covered it up are gone and/or will be.

I'm comfortable betting my next paycheck that if this involved a certain university in TX that there would be a lot less interest around here.

as I said. next.
Wow, you would lose a paycheck. This is the single biggest collegiate sports scandal of the modern era at least. The latest email trail seems to point directly to JoePa stopping the PSU administration from going to the police with the information. It's a huge deal and it would be at any university, especially one of the traditional football powers. The overly defensive delusion of much of the PSU fanbase did likely extend the longevity a bit, but it could be Texas, Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc. and it would still be a mega story with just as much national interst.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Or maybe you just don't have anything else to do. :D
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Not from me. I don't get easily riled up but when it comes to sexual abuse of kids it gets personal for me. I've seen the devastation in my family firsthand.
and I arrest people for it.

I win.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wish you would have been an officer in State College a decade ago and scores of lives could have potentially avoided being destroyed. Instead, the program was protected. Disgusting.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]