This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Walking from my class in DeMoss to the Religion Hall I saw a girl wearing a Randy Moss jersey, a girl wearing a Rascal Flatts t-shirt, and numerous girls wearing name brand t-shirts. I also saw a bunch wearing capris or jeans rolled up to under their knees.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
so yesterday i was walking through the marriott parking lot after parking in the david's place pit yet again and decided to count the freshmen/hill/east campus cars parked in the area of the parking lot desinated for commuters and I counted 15....15!! that was just on the side closest to the road....freaking rediculous....I get a ticket for dropping a book off at north campus and leaving my car with the flashers on for one minutes...literally!! And these guys park in places they aren't suppose to all day long and get nothing....talk about annoying

ok my rant is over now i suppose
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I was almost late for class this morning because two kids from East Campus took spots from where I was trying to park (they were in front of me driving in circles like the commuters). Actually one of them took my spot, the other parked in a faculty spot.

Then, after I left campus because there's a 30 minute line to eat anywhere, I had a freshman take my spot. I just wish they'd park in their own freaking spots.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Until the school opens up their own Tow Lot and starts towing those @#$%^&!, then nothing will happen. I will repeat myself--there is NO PARKING PROBLEM so long as the lot at David's Place stays less than half-full. It is a COLLEGE. You are supposed to walk. Stop being so freaking lazy (I'm not talking to the commuter population, here, but primarily the Campus East crew). If you live on campus--deal with it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
LUPD isn't giving tickets this year as much as last year. If they were, it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

People know if you want a short walk to class, live on the hill. People also know, if you want the nice dorms, you're gonna have to live on East and walk a little further.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
people are dumb....i am over the parking thing....i have to walk because of dumb kids but whatever....i have bigger things to worry about like not going to sleep earlier then i do...geez....i think lupd are going to start writing more tickets...i saw a guy i know that works for them today and he was writing tickets (he hates doing it, he said until today he had worked for LUPD for 2 years and only wrote 10 tickets) he told me they are being told to check the faculty parking and p1-p2 because its being abused very much and i guess a lot of people have complained...commuters and faculty...so who knows
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It's about time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I HATED it when a student parked in a faculty spot. It's not like we had any other type of perks and here the students up and take our spots!!
The faculty pay scale is a joke. My first offer was 18K. That would be with experience and a master's. I did get more eventually, but that was borderline insulting. (I mean if I wasn't sleeping with one of the other faculty members at the time....)
And I am sure this will cause a rue. The declining/non existent admittance policy. Man I had some dooseys. One of my favorite was when students were turning in part of their Career Development project. I had told the students they could cut and paste quotes as needed, but the needed to be referenced. So imagine my suprise when, as I was collecting the papers, I noticed about 8 pieces of construction paper. You get the punch line don't you? This student actually printed off the article then cut out the quotes and pasted them to the construction paper. :shock: It just seem that as time went on, the students were more and more unmotivated and had a nice sense of entitlement. Now back in PROTO's days it was much better. But that is my little rant.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: I had told the students they could cut and paste quotes as needed, but the needed to be referenced. So imagine my suprise when, as I was collecting the papers, I noticed about 8 pieces of construction paper.
That may be the funniest thing I've seen posted.
By bangheadhere
Registration Days
ok I can't stop laughing... let's get those nasty LU girls into some burkas quick...and if their shoes make any clicking noises the religious police had better be there beating them senseless...ooops sorry I forgot that this is the USA and we stopped blaming low cut tops and girl's "giggly bits" from sending men into frenzied behavior.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
A.G. wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: I had told the students they could cut and paste quotes as needed, but the needed to be referenced. So imagine my suprise when, as I was collecting the papers, I noticed about 8 pieces of construction paper.
That may be the funniest thing I've seen posted.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]