This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
With the induction of the class of 2011 getting their names forever stamped into the Liberty Athletics Hall of Fame, I had a few questions...

1. How many years after the student-athlete has graduated are they eligible for an induction?
2. How many of the football players on this years team have a legitimate shot at an induction?
> In recent years it's a given that Jennings get's in... so let's focus on this years team.
3. Same question as 2 except this time for baseball?
4. Same question as 2 except this time for basketball?

Other sports:
Chelanga is an obvious no brainer.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think the rule is 5 years after the conclusion of their career at Liberty for inductees (athletes and otherwise, although With Jerry Edwards it looks like they waived the rule if that is the case for non-athletes)

Footballwise, Id say Summers and MB are the only ones that might be worth consideration

Baseball: Linza and Evans along with Ty-Bream probably are the only ones

Basketball: If Jesse breaks the all time assist record he probably has a chance to be a first year inductee
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Linza doesn't get in. I love Keegan and have loved watching his career since high school but he was here for two years and one of those years he spent weeks trying to find the strike zone. The only one that might get in would be Tyler. This isn't the Hall of Good Players. It's the Hall of Fame. Let's not cheapen what these guys who are in there have done but putting really good players in there. The Hall of Fame isn't for everyone.

If Mike Brown wins another POTY award and gets us to the playoffs he's a hands down first ballot guy. He may already be in because of the two POTY awards. Chris could get in depending on his year and if he has a professional career.

No doubt about it, Jesse's in. Imagine what his assists would be if he didn't have his entire team leave after his freshman year. His sophomore year would've had 100 more assists if guys could've knocked down shots.

Chelanga's in obviously.

If Robert Karllson puts in a massive senior season (which he's capable of) or Max McKay has a great next two years, those two could have a shot. I don't know golf as well as the other sports but, from the people that do know it, those two are legit.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
You don't generally think of place kickers in hall of fame terms, but if Matt Bevins has a 3rd straight All-America year, how can you not consider him, especially if he goes on and has a pro career?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I agree as well...he has just about rewritten all the records for kicking in LU history
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Evans finishes 2rd all time in strikeouts, tied for second all time in wins (behind Lee Guetterman), probably a top 5 ERA, and probably one of the best lefthanders to come to the mountain.

Linza when I look at his numbers, Im rethinking...even though he won 10 games this year (which has been done by only three other pitchers in LU history), he probably would go in a "Hall of Very Good". But this being a HoF, he might not make it in (unless he has a mind blowing pro career)
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Honestly, I really don't know if a good professional career should improve the likelihood of making it into the Liberty Athletics HoF. I think a player should be inducted on how they perform at Liberty.... idk my .02
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This is a necro I know but as I was reading through the article on the new HoF class, I was left to wonder about players in the years since this thread was last replied to who might be looking at consideration as they are just now becoming eligible for consideration
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Jordan Jenkins and Jonita Randolph, women's tennis players. JJ was our number one player all four years, and is the leader in singles wins. She had an unbelievable freshman campaign, winning both freshman of the year and player of the year, going undefeated in singles and doubles. Jonita was also freshman of the year and earned player of the year her senior year, also a multiple all conference selection for singles and doubles.

For men's tennis, Shea Thomas and Jorge Azuero. Won the ITA Atlantic Regional doubles titles and proceeded to make a run at the ITA nationals in Flushing Meadows.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]