This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
London Times wrote:January 23, 2010
UN climate change expert: there could be more errors in report
Jeremy Page, South Asia Correspondent

Rajendra Pachauri
(Bob Strong/Reuters)

The Indian head of the UN climate change panel defended his position yesterday even as further errors were identified in the panel's assessment of Himalayan glaciers.

Dr Rajendra Pachauri dismissed calls for him to resign over the Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change’s retraction of a prediction that Himalayan glaciers could disappear by 2035.

But he admitted that there may have been other errors in the same section of the report, and said that he was considering whether to take action against those responsible.

“I know a lot of climate sceptics are after my blood, but I’m in no mood to oblige them,” he told The Times in an interview. “It was a collective failure by a number of people,” he said. “I need to consider what action to take, but that will take several weeks. It’s best to think with a cool head, rather than shoot from the hip.”
Click here for Full Story
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Oh, it just keeps going and going:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/01/ ... he_ti.html
Just months after the Climategate scandal broke, a new study has uncovered compelling evidence that our government’s principal climate centers have also been manipulating worldwide temperature data in order to fraudulently advance the global warming political agenda.

Not only does the preliminary report [PDF] indict a broader network of conspirators, but it also challenges the very mechanism by which global temperatures are measured, published, and historically ranked.

Last Thursday, Certified Consulting Meteorologist Joseph D’Aleo and computer expert E. Michael Smith appeared together on KUSI TV [Video] to discuss the Climategate -- American Style scandal they had discovered. This time out, the alleged perpetrators are the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS).

NOAA stands accused by the two researchers of strategically deleting cherry-picked, cooler-reporting weather observation stations from the temperature data it provides the world through its National Climatic Data Center (NCDC). D’Aleo explained to show host and Weather Channel founder John Coleman that while the Hadley Center in the U.K. has been the subject of recent scrutiny, “[w]e think NOAA is complicit, if not the real ground zero for the issue.”

And their primary accomplices are the scientists at GISS, who put the altered data through an even more biased regimen of alterations, including intentionally replacing the dropped NOAA readings with those of stations located in much warmer locales.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
nope. you're all wrong. I just heard a girl railing on the radio up here that we're being ridiculous- it's climate CHANGE, not global warming- and the fact that it's been colder also proves her point.

here's a chart in case you are confused:
Code: Select all
Warmer = Global Warming (Climate change)

Colder = Global Warming (Climate change)

more from this same perspective:

http://www.coastalfans.com/forum/index. ... ic=19365.0
B.T.Charpied wrote: Actually, such events would be a product of global warming. Global warming creates more extreme temperatures on each end of the spectrum, which eventually would theoretically lead to an ice age.

What global warming does and does not do is a common misconception.
B.T.Charpied wrote: Gotcha. It is a pet peeve of mine because I see politicians point out all the time that our winters are colder, thus there is no global warming. It gets to me eventually that the people that run the nation are dumb as rocks. Sorry.

It did make me smile nonetheless ;D
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
I don't think Climate Change has ever been debatable, but I do think that recent events have severely weakened the argument that we as humans have any control over it.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i don't think anyone can refute change on some level. what seems to stick in peopel craw is the man made label placed on this change and the blatant attempt at profiting from it.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
the day after tomorrow i on FX right now. They are explaining to me how GW causes ice ages. I'm sure that's where that coastal dude gets his smarts from while looking down on the rest of us.

Global Warmers are no better than folks who believe in Nostradamus' "predictions". After some event happens, they go back and read through the stuff he said and point to it as evidence. The real test is if they can tell us what is going to happen BEFORE it happens which as we know won't happen. Same goes for GWers. If ANY variation in the weather occurs, it's obviously a result of GW and then they'll reverse engineer why that happened. Science is easy when you already know the answer you're seeking. Just fill in some blanks. And then look down on everybody else who is laughing at you.

The fact is, the climate changes. It would change one way or another if people were here or not.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
For anyone here who's still struggling with climate change, FlameFans.com is selling carbon credits via our PayPal donation account.

By "carbon credits" I mean "website hosting". But I promise we won't emit any CO₂ in the hosting of this site.

Not much, anyway.

Give us money.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
If you looks at historic trends, the climate changes cyclically. Since we're coming out of a little ice age, it only makes sense that average global temperatures are up a little bit over 50 or more years ago.

Even with the bad weather the US has had, global temps are averaging higher in January than they have been in the last several years. I refuse to believe, though, that mankind has had anything to do with it now, any more than we had anything to do with the first ice age and the "global warming" that followed it.
Global Warming Models Are Wrong Again
During a fundraiser in Atlanta earlier this month, President Obama is reported to have said: "It gets you a little nervous about what is happening to global temperatures. When it is 75 degrees in Chicago in the beginning of March, you start thinking. On the other hand, I really have enjoyed nice weather."

What is happening to global temperatures in reality? The answer is: almost nothing for more than 10 years. Monthly values of the global temperature anomaly of the lower atmosphere, compiled at the University of Alabama from NASA satellite data, can be found at the website http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/. The latest (February 2012) monthly global temperature anomaly for the lower atmosphere was minus 0.12 degrees Celsius, slightly less than the average since the satellite record of temperatures began in 1979.

The lack of any statistically significant warming for over a decade has made it more difficult for the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and its supporters to demonize the atmospheric gas CO2 which is released when fossil fuels are burned. The burning of fossil fuels has been one reason for an increase of CO2 levels in the atmosphere to around 395 ppm (or parts per million), up from preindustrial levels of about 280 ppm...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... lenews_wsj
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 10th, 2021, 2:38 pm Having the video be unavailable is embarrassing
I saw that, click it and it opens on Facebook. If you post the link here it autos to what you see.

View it, it's funny.

Misguided Greta Thunberg rants for 45 seconds . Then hear the reality check from the news announcer. You would never hear this in the US. You’ve got to love the Aussies.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 10th, 2021, 3:00 pm Misguided Greta Thunberg rants for 45 seconds . Then hear the reality check from the news announcer.
"Wake up, shut up, and grow up." :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]