This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

That is certianly a valid point and a big reason I'd rather Jerry stop having such a public persona. He often puts his foot in mouth and its nearly impossible to defend. The argument is this has everything to do with Trump and with the media that is certianly true but there is plenty of alumni who voted for trump who don't love Jerry's antics. Then again there are plenty who love it.
Purple Haize wrote: April 9th, 2020, 3:19 pm Funny how we have had people on here bragging about being on campus while obviously not on official business. I’m not sure those signs are as prominent as advertised. I mean if they were THAT concerned about it they do have the ability to create check points. Pretty easy to restrict ingress and egress onto campus. It’s a BS move.
It is a BS move. Idiotic, as well, since anyone can make a case that the signs are not to visible at all entrances and they are not enforcing it. The bridge crossing the bypass has a sign but I only saw it the second time I passed it. Some entrances are very well marked, such as the Wards Rd entrance. My guess is that NYT might be coming at the bit to see this one go to court. Jerry is more hot air than anything else these days. Between Jerry, upper administration and most board members, we've got quite a clown show.
rogers3 wrote: April 9th, 2020, 7:58 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 9th, 2020, 3:19 pm Funny how we have had people on here bragging about being on campus while obviously not on official business. I’m not sure those signs are as prominent as advertised. I mean if they were THAT concerned about it they do have the ability to create check points. Pretty easy to restrict ingress and egress onto campus. It’s a BS move.
It is a BS move. Idiotic, as well, since anyone can make a case that the signs are not to visible at all entrances and they are not enforcing it. The bridge crossing the bypass has a sign but I only saw it the second time I passed it. Some entrances are very well marked, such as the Wards Rd entrance. My guess is that NYT might be coming at the bit to see this one go to court. Jerry is more hot air than anything else these days. Between Jerry, upper administration and most board members, we've got quite a clown show.
I’m not saying I’ve been on campus at several points over the last two weeks but I can imagine a world where if I was I entered from the 460 and the Macados entrances without noticing a sign.
TH Spangler wrote:I think Jerry is using this to point out the hypocrisy on the left. Two individuals come from a virus hotspot to the campus to interview students stuck there for a hit piece. POINT MADE.
Just admit that if Jerry told you to jump off a bridge, you’d reply, “How high?”

Just because the left makes everything political doesn’t make it right for you to do the same.
jbock13 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:40 am
TH Spangler wrote:I think Jerry is using this to point out the hypocrisy on the left. Two individuals come from a virus hotspot to the campus to interview students stuck there for a hit piece. POINT MADE.
Just admit that if Jerry told you to jump off a bridge, you’d reply, “How high?”

Just because the left makes everything political doesn’t make it right for you to do the same.
People give Jerry to much credit. There are a lot of us with common sense around. In some since he's following the crowd. Personally, I'm thankful for people willing stand up for it. :lol:
ballcoach15 liked this
Sources tell me that The Ortho Center in Lynchburg is screening patients and asking have you been up on liberty campus or have you been in contact with any Liberty students ?
They did not ask about Lynchburg College, Randolph College or Sweet Briar. Something fishy with this story , if true.
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 1:19 pm Sources tell me that The Ortho Center in Lynchburg is screening patients and asking have you been up on liberty campus or have you been in contact with any Liberty students ?
They did not ask about Lynchburg College, Randolph College or Sweet Briar. Something fishy with this story , if true.
You think the DNC killed hundreds of thousands of people globally so you have 0 credibility on this.
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 2:12 pm I have a copy of the email from the individual who went to the clinic.
You also have sources telling you that Democrats authored a Pandemic to stop Trump. So again you (and your sources) have 0 credibility on this topic
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 2:12 pm I have a copy of the email from the individual who went to the clinic.
If you don't understand why this might be true, you are a) living under a rock, b) not capable of critical thought, c) blinded by your love for all things Jerry, or d) all of the above.
Purple Haize wrote: April 10th, 2020, 1:32 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 1:19 pm Sources tell me that The Ortho Center in Lynchburg is screening patients and asking have you been up on liberty campus or have you been in contact with any Liberty students ?
You think the DNC killed hundreds of thousands of people globally so you have 0 credibility on this.
This has nothing to do with DNC.
Jr. has become more embarrassing to the university/community on a regular basis. I pray for a spiritual renewal for him and other members of the leadership. LU is losing it's distinctly christian identity at a rapid rate and it saddens me greatly.
This has nothing to do with his support of Trump. I am a yuuuuuuuuuge Trump supporter and will be voting for him again this November. I can't imagine anyone, in any party, that could do a better job at managing this current health crisis.
ballcoach15 liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Purple Haize wrote: April 10th, 2020, 1:32 pm
This has nothing to do with DNC.
Just the credibility (or lack thereof) that you and your sources hold
TH Spangler wrote: April 10th, 2020, 6:21 pm Go easy on ballcoach the hypocrisy on the left can make you lash out from time to time :lol:
He’s never defended or retracted his claim that the DNC planned the murder of 10’s of thousands of people around the World to stop Trump. So, I’m just going to treat him with the respect that deserves
Some non-essential staff are still working on campus. Last month, some low-wage staff were required to sign NDAs.

Faculty can now teach from home, but only because of the WAPO letter from “that Baggett lady.” As late as March 26th, faculty were required to be on campus to teach remotely from their office or empty classrooms. At the same time, Jr. was on CNN lying about how “all faculty are teaching from home.” Faculty on campus watching that interview were outraged. The LU website updated its Covid page within minutes after that interview. It now said faculty must appeal to their dean with a valid reason to teach from home.

Even worse, the day before the CNN interview, Jr. told ABC news that if any employee was concerned about safety issues while teaching from campus, Human Resources is the place to take their concern, not the media. But faculty are forbidden from going to or contacting HR for any reason. That policy has been strictly enforced for over a year now.

It’s not just a culture of fear; it’s a culture of embarrassment. We are LU.
flameshaw, Purple Haize liked this
Purple Haize wrote: April 11th, 2020, 8:36 am
TH Spangler wrote: April 11th, 2020, 8:30 am
ballcoach15 wrote: April 11th, 2020, 8:08 am Anyone remember Vince Foster ?
Watch your back BC, we dont need another Vince :lol:
Pretty sure Vince didn’t die of the COVID
I don't think they were testing at the time. But if they had been maybe they could have attributed his death to a virus, and not one he caught from a girlfriend. :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
Thirdbase wrote: April 10th, 2020, 11:21 pm Some non-essential staff are still working on campus. Last month, some low-wage staff were required to sign NDAs.

Faculty can now teach from home, but only because of the WAPO letter from “that Baggett lady.” As late as March 26th, faculty were required to be on campus to teach remotely from their office or empty classrooms. At the same time, Jr. was on CNN lying about how “all faculty are teaching from home.” Faculty on campus watching that interview were outraged. The LU website updated its Covid page within minutes after that interview. It now said faculty must appeal to their dean with a valid reason to teach from home.

Even worse, the day before the CNN interview, Jr. told ABC news that if any employee was concerned about safety issues while teaching from campus, Human Resources is the place to take their concern, not the media. But faculty are forbidden from going to or contacting HR for any reason. That policy has been strictly enforced for over a year now.

non-essential, stay home? Airport employees never saw that kind of time off. I don't see were professors working online in an empty class room is a problem.
TH Spangler wrote: April 11th, 2020, 9:17 am
Thirdbase wrote: April 10th, 2020, 11:21 pm Some non-essential staff are still working on campus. Last month, some low-wage staff were required to sign NDAs.

non-essential, stay home? Airport employees never saw that kind of time off. I don't see were professors working online in an empty class room is a problem.
The hallways aren't empty. The restrooms are being used by multiple people a day. The entrance doors are used by multiple people per day. Travelling back and forth forces you to go to gas stations more frequently. It all adds up to many times more exposure opportunities than working strictly from home. For those that are higher risk, that is a big deal.
Trump has hinted that he will be making a major announcement concerning the WHO next week. I sincerely hope it will be that we are leaving and stopping all funding, and will be joining with allies to form a new organization to do what it was supposed to be doing. The more I hear about this dumpster fire the sicker I get. Besides the obvious cow-towing to China, they are spending over half of their 1.5 billion dollar annual budget for first class flights and 5 star hotels, while organizations that are really making a difference like Doctors Without Borders operate on a shoestring.
flameshaw liked this
Truth be know China is probably supporting it more than reported. But its with money under the table to its leaders, to control its reporting. My guess, the Chinese communist government is passing money under the table to way more people than we realize.
Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]

5 plus 7 model

I wouldn't build this up and get your hopes up tha[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]