This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Realist
Registration Days Posts
#226382
So is Biden technically the President right now?
User avatar
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
#226383
Realist wrote:So is Biden technically the President right now?
No...he would be VP to Bush...
User avatar
By qkslvrsrfrboy
Registration Days Posts
#226384
so he kind of botched the oath, hopefully he got it all in there and is still obligated to faithfully protect this country and its constitution
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
#226385
His speech style and mannerisms are so old hat at this point. Pauses and emphasis are getting so predictable.

also, to give it less meaning, you can follow along:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashosi.htm
User avatar
By RagingTireFire
Registration Days Posts
#226387
It's like he's actually trying to sound like Fred Armisen's impression of him.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
#226389
He just mentioned global warming in his "historic" speech. That pretty much just ensured his ridicule 50 years from now.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
#226390
A man should be judged by his actions not his words. But that was one hell of a speech, global warming mentions or not.
User avatar
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
#226391
qkslvrsrfrboy wrote:so he kind of botched the oath, hopefully he got it all in there and is still obligated to faithfully protect this country and its constitution
I actually feel really bad for him on this one. That's a moment you wait your whole political life for and the dang judge can't remember his line. Bummer.
User avatar
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
#226392
Realist wrote:A man should be judged by his actions not his words. But that was one hell of a speech, global warming mentions or not.
I concur.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
#226393
He is an empty suit

BTW the stock market is down over 200 points. Look foward to more days like today
User avatar
By ECUnited
Registration Days Posts
#226395
Wow, if he gets so shook up that he completely blows the swearing in 'repeat after me', what's going to happen when a real crisis arises?
By JMUDukes
Registration Days Posts
#226396
Fumblerooskies wrote:Outstanding prayer by Warren.
agreed
User avatar
By ECUnited
Registration Days Posts
#226397
Of course the Chief Justice didn't really excel either :)
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
#226398
what in the world was that? a crazy rhyming prayer
Last edited by LUconn on January 20th, 2009, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
#226399
LUconn wrote:what in the world was that?
Change
User avatar
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
#226402
I have not felt safe for 45 minutes and will not again for at least 1460 days
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
#226403
I don't know what you guys were so impressed about speech-wise. It was just like all of his other speeches. They sound nice I guess but there was nothing all wowing in it.
User avatar
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
#226404
Rooster Cogburn wrote:I have not felt safe for 45 minutes and will not again for at least 1460 days
Enjoy living in fear.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
#226405
JMUDukes wrote:
Fumblerooskies wrote:Outstanding prayer by Warren.
agreed
I don't know, I was waiting for the speech to stop and the prayer to start, but it didn't happen until the very end. Meh...
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
#226406
He had a forum for much of the world to hear and not 1 mention of the gospel? Lame.
User avatar
By makarov97
Registration Days Posts
#226408
The "Kenyan" is about to be your president.
He is not, nor will he ever be my President.

Government derives it's powers from the consent of the governed. I do not grant my consent to be governed by a Kenyan Communist.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
#226410
No, it doesn't work like that.
User avatar
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
#226412
ALUmnus wrote:
JMUDukes wrote:
Fumblerooskies wrote:Outstanding prayer by Warren.
agreed
I don't know, I was waiting for the speech to stop and the prayer to start, but it didn't happen until the very end. Meh...
Same here. A little too showy and sermony for my taste really.
User avatar
By mrmacphisto
Registration Days Posts
#226414
makarov97 wrote:
The "Kenyan" is about to be your president.
He is not, nor will he ever be my President.

Government derives it's powers from the consent of the governed. I do not grant my consent to be governed by a Kenyan Communist.
Wow, you're like the right-wing answer to MoveOn.org.
User avatar
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
#226415
makarov97 wrote:
The "Kenyan" is about to be your president.
He is not, nor will he ever be my President.

Government derives it's powers from the consent of the governed. I do not grant my consent to be governed by a Kenyan Communist.
Wow. :roll:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
LU v. Delaware

Two nice games under our belts. I was impressed wi[…]

LU v. Ball State Thread

All the wannabe coaches, experts, and keyboard coo[…]

5 for 5 rule Meeting

Nobody likes you. Nobody thinks you are funny. G[…]