This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.
By Jonathan Carone
Would I be surprised if there were photos of Jerry and Becki? No.

Is what they do in the bedroom any of my business? No.

Do I think an invasion of their privacy should be used against them? No.
By Class of 20Something
Would a picture of any extra marital acts be incriminating enough to lead to resignation from LU?

I would hope so.

I don't know what is in the pictures, if they exist. But I would think that should effect some change.
By Jonathan Carone
Extra marital is a different story. If it’s what the article says - something between a husband and wife - then it’s whatever.
By ballah09
What about if others are involved? If Jerry and Becki are into that kind of thing. The pool boy story has so many red flags, it’s hard not to speculate.
By Purple Haize
Jonathan Carone wrote:Would I be surprised if there were photos of Jerry and Becki? No.

Is what they do in the bedroom any of my business? No.

Do I think an invasion of their privacy should be used against them? No.
On this we agree 100%
By Purple Haize
ballah09 wrote:What about if others are involved? If Jerry and Becki are into that kind of thing. The pool boy story has so many red flags, it’s hard not to speculate.
It’s pretty easy not to actually at this point
By Jonathan Carone
So because there’s a shady relationship with one person who lives in a state with 20,271,271 other people, we are going to immediately assume these two things are connected?

I have my issues with Jerry but we have absolutely no evidence to say this is anything more than a married couple being a little freaky and pictures of it getting out. It was irresponsible but I see no reason to jump too far given what’s out there now.
By Jonathan Carone
That backstory, in true Trump-tabloid fashion, features the friendship between Mr. Falwell, his wife and a former pool attendant at the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach; the family’s investment in a gay-friendly youth hostel; purported sexually revealing photographs involving the Falwells; and an attempted hush-money arrangement engineered by the president’s former fixer, Michael Cohen.
The Evangelical, the ‘Pool Boy,’ the Comedian and Michael Cohen

This article was, um, something.

I don't know what that thing was.

But it was something.
By ballah09
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 17833.html

Three naked pics of Becki was sent to the Herald. We're such a joke now because of Jerry.

Tyler said that Falwell assured him that he had no intention of endorsing anyone in the primary in part because his board at Liberty University wouldn’t permit it. So Tyler and others on the Cruz campaign were caught off guard when Falwell suddenly endorsed Trump in January 2016 -- a week before the crucial Iowa caucuses and at a time when Cruz and Trump were mounting a fight for key endorsements from powerful leaders on the religious right.
The board is such a joke.
By Jonathan Carone
There are a couple things that stick out to me:

1) According to the Cruz campaign, Jerry lied about endorsing someone.

2) Why is Jerry buying a hostel that's attached to a liquor store? Real estate development or not -- even if he's trying to teach Trey about the business -- that's not something the president of Liberty University should be doing.

3) He went into a multi-million dollar investment with a 20-something year old guy he met at a hotel pool. That type of judgment doesn't seem sound.

It feels there's two lives being had here: one that is leading Liberty University with its honor code and Liberty Way and then another that doesn't own up to that same code. I couldn't care less about grown adults having a drink, but there have been multiple pictures over the past couple years of Falwell family members (who are University employees) with alcoholic drinks in their hand on social media. It points back to the double standard.

I honestly don't care much about the politics of this whole thing. I just want the president of our school to act in ways that represent both the position and the University in the way it should be represented.
By RubberMallet
i told my wife the other day during that david platt stuff that I wouldnt' feel comfortable giving the university a dime of my money at this point (referring to my children's education). all because of this jabroni.
By Purple Haize
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 19th, 2019, 2:45 pm So you're shrugging the entire thing off because of where it was written?
I’m shrugging a lot of it off because of the sources involved. Tom Arnold Michael Cohen and the NYT aren’t exactly pillars of truthful virtue. It read a lot like the National Enquirer pieces from when I was a kid.
Having said that, I think there are one or two take away from the article that are interesting. I think Jr shafted Cruz. I mean if you read the quotes he told Cruz’s people “The University won’t let me endorse anyone as the Chancellor” then he goes and endorses Trump as a Private Citizen. Shady.
I have Zero problem with him owning a strip mall with a liquor store already there.
Going into business at that level with some guy in his 20’s is rather odd. I mean you hear of those stories and if he approached him with a business plan for a specific property etc.
By Purple Haize
ballah09 wrote: June 19th, 2019, 3:30 pm https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 17833.html

Three naked pics of Becki was sent to the Herald. We're such a joke now because of Jerry.

Tyler said that Falwell assured him that he had no intention of endorsing anyone in the primary in part because his board at Liberty University wouldn’t permit it. So Tyler and others on the Cruz campaign were caught off guard when Falwell suddenly endorsed Trump in January 2016 -- a week before the crucial Iowa caucuses and at a time when Cruz and Trump were mounting a fight for key endorsements from powerful leaders on the religious right.
They were not naked pictures according to the article. And sorta jibe with what we discussed they might be earlier.

“They are images not of Falwell, but of his wife in various stages of undress.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... rylink=cpy
By Class of 20Something
Is it me or did that article all but kill the “pool boy” thing? The only sketchy stuff is why trust this kid and why cut the other guy out. Other than that, I hardly think sexting a spouse is salacious.

Even Cohen said the pool boy narrative was blown up and wrong.
By adam42381
The fact that they were vacationing at the Fontainebleau when they met their cabana boy tells me enough. It’s a place with a reputation for fairly wild pool parties and frequent celebrity sightings. There’s also a topless pool.
By JK37
There’s nothing in these articles that’s new.

Cruz hopes for an endorsement, got shafted, old news.

Mrs. Falwell has her privacy invaded. Old news.

Pool boy + weird business deal. Old news.

I don’t like much of it. But if you’re the NYT of MH, why write it now?

Jeez they are all absolutely TERRIFIED of Trump. And if the guy has liberals and democrats that scared....
By Purple Haize
adam42381 wrote: June 19th, 2019, 9:04 pm The fact that they were vacationing at the Fontainebleau when they met their cabana boy tells me enough. It’s a place with a reputation for fairly wild pool parties and frequent celebrity sightings. There’s also a topless pool.
I’ve been to several places with Mrs Purple that had “European” sunbathing standards. However I was the only one topless
By Jonathan Carone
I think this article had a lot less to do with fearing Trump than it did with exposing hypocrisy in an evangelical leader. Left, right, or middle, the one unifying thing that sells is a religious scandal.
By Jonathan Carone
Here's a question I don't know the answer to:

Does Jerry own his own plane (or charter through a service personally) or is he using the University plane for these types of trips?

Again - the implications and allegations in these articles don't really mean much to me. What stands out to me are the circles Jerry's running in, the things outside of his job he may be involved with, and a lifestyle that may not match up with the values of the school.
By Purple Haize
I remember back in the day Jerry Sr got into some issues with Falwell 1 and what was and wasn’t University business. Nothing nefarious just got looked at so they had to rearrange some things. I would imagine with the burgeoning aviation wing and companies at Lynchburg International he charters his flights or ties some business purposes with them
By makarov97
ballah09 wrote: June 19th, 2019, 3:30 pm https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 17833.html

Oh look, a Never Trumper and Falwell hater lying again. Just like the fake news media.

The herald says no such thing, and if there was a “there” there you can bet they would splash it all
Over the media.

These journalist swine hate Christians, hate Trump and desperately want communists in power. They will do what communists do in pursuit of that agenda, so they are smearing by innuendo and counting on mindless drones to “speculate” and buy the bill of goods they are selling.

The media has disqualified itself from being believed, so good luck with your crusade.

Just know that you are a pawn, and if these demons ever regain power, you will have outlived your “holier than thou” usefulness.
July 1st?

Are you doing a brief trial period for folks. Ive[…]

Its actually fairly common. I know of 2 growing c[…]

Mike houston and uncc have dropped a post commitme[…]

Prayer for Job Change

You’re at JF? I’ll definitely pray f[…]