This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.
By Purple Haize
#564551 His passing is certainly the last of an Era. His resume will not be seen again in Politics. His greatest attributes were what cost him a second term. But I’m not sure that’s a bad thing to say. Impressive man.
By cruzan_flame13
#564552 A man who went to Yale and was taken in the skull and bones secret club plus had his career paved for him. So many things on the guy; I wouldn’t call it impressive. Nevertheless, people will believe what they want to believe(or told what to believe), see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. Of course, I will be depicted as negative, crazy and ridiculous for this comment.
By Purple Haize
cruzan_flame13 wrote:A man who went to Yale and was taken in the skull and bones secret club plus had his career paved for him. So many things on the guy; I wouldn’t call it impressive. Nevertheless, people will believe what they want to believe(or told what to believe), see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. Of course, I will be depicted as negative, crazy and ridiculous for this comment.

Yeah. The way the Illuminati had his plane shot down in WW2 then sent a secret submarine to save him was amazing. Everyone knows that Japanese Pilot also studied at Yale prior to the War and was also a Skull and Bones member. They communicated the S and B secret code over the radio so the Japanese pilot knew not to kill him
:roll:
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:A man who went to Yale and was taken in the skull and bones secret club plus had his career paved for him. So many things on the guy; I wouldn’t call it impressive. Nevertheless, people will believe what they want to believe(or told what to believe), see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. Of course, I will be depicted as negative, crazy and ridiculous for this comment.

Yeah. The way the Illuminati had his plane shot down in WW2 then sent a secret submarine to save him was amazing. Everyone knows that Japanese Pilot also studied at Yale prior to the War and was also a Skull and Bones member. They communicated the S and B secret code over the radio so the Japanese pilot knew not to kill him

Then you use ignorance to make a snarky response which indicates a sign of cognitive dissonance. Hope you feel better after you pressed submit 8)
By Purple Haize
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Then you use ignorance to make a snarky response which indicates a sign of cognitive dissonance. Hope you feel better after you pressed submit 8)

I did because I was laughing at your Alex Jones commentary
By cruzan_flame13
#564563 This is really all you have? Clearly shows you don’t actually know what you’re talking about and wouldn’t even take the time to know anything for yourself and only receive talking points from mainstream news and in this case Alex Jones. You make the movie Idocracy look like a documentary sir. Nice try though.
By thepostman
#564565 But you just recapped an Alex Jones documentary I watched years ago. So I would dare say you're an Alex Jones fan. Plenty of that stuff can be debunked but that is probably not a conversation you want to really have.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote:But you just recapped an Alex Jones documentary I watched years ago. So I would dare say you're an Alex Jones fan. Plenty of that stuff can be debunked but that is probably not a conversation you want to really have.

So basically what you’re saying that because a person, whom I suppose you believe like PH is a nut, stated something that is actually documented in a movie, then it’s not credible? Wow, sounds like you can be easily deceived as well. Clearly you guys don’t ask questions or look into things than just videos and talking points.
By Purple Haize
cruzan_flame13 wrote:This is really all you have? Clearly shows you don’t actually know what you’re talking about and wouldn’t even take the time to know anything for yourself and only receive talking points from mainstream news and in this case Alex Jones. You make the movie Idocracy look like a documentary sir. Nice try though.

Someone please get me some aloe because of the burn :roll:

You lead with aspersions of conspiracies and denigrate a man’s accomplishments. Then your only defense is to say well if you don’t believe me you must be wrong and only believe lies. Don’t project your shortcomings and feelings of inadequacy on him or anyone else

HW Bush was a great American who served this Country in times of war. He Presided over the Country at the end of the Cold War. He was shot down and escaped death several times in WW2. His least impressive political feat was becoming a member of Congress
He had a quiet ability to inspire that generated incredible loyalty you don’t see anymore.
By cruzan_flame13
#564575 I never said that because I already knew that you wouldn’t believe what I stated. Your comment reminded me of a statement J. Edgar Hoover made I believe some time in the late 50’s. His statement was:

“The individual comes face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists. The American mind has not come to a realisation of the evil which has been introduced into our midst. It rejects even the assumption that human creatures could espouse a philosophy which must ultimately destroy all that is good and decent.”

President Eisenhower even warned us in his farewell speech about of this evil known as the military industrial complex(you can find clips of his televised speech in the internet). If you want to believe what you’re told about how all these great guys made all these accomplishments and did well for country, then that’s on you. It’s not unfortunately all true, but you have the right to believe. I’m not here to burn you but I’m not going to pretend the resume and actions of this man and his family political oligarchic rule benefited the American people. Politics is no different than pro wrestling(WWE). We are given the vigilante and the heroes. It is what is, call me crazy if you’d like. This still will not change the truth especially when you have a platform(the internet) in which you can find truth. You already accepted what you wanted and that that PH. The truth is the truth wether you like it or not, I don’t need to tell you that you’re wrong because you don’t want to accept what I posted.
By Purple Haize
cruzan_flame13 wrote:I never said that because I already knew that you wouldn’t believe what I stated. Your comment reminded me of a statement J. Edgar Hoover made I believe some time in the late 50’s. His statement was:

“The individual comes face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists. The American mind has not come to a realisation of the evil which has been introduced into our midst. It rejects even the assumption that human creatures could espouse a philosophy which must ultimately destroy all that is good and decent.”

President Eisenhower even warned us in his farewell speech about of this evil known as the military industrial complex(you can find clips of his televised speech in the internet). If you want to believe what you’re told about how all these great guys made all these accomplishments and did well for country, then that’s on you. It’s not unfortunately all true, but you have the right to believe. I’m not here to burn you but I’m not going to pretend the resume and actions of this man and his family political oligarchic rule benefited the American people. Politics is no different than pro wrestling(WWE). We are given the vigilante and the heroes. It is what is, call me crazy if you’d like. This still will not change the truth especially when you have a platform(the internet) in which you can find truth. You already accepted what you wanted and that that PH. The truth is the truth wether you like it or not, I don’t need to tell you that you’re wrong because you don’t want to accept what I posted.

If it’s on the Internet it must be true
By thepostman
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
thepostman wrote:But you just recapped an Alex Jones documentary I watched years ago. So I would dare say you're an Alex Jones fan. Plenty of that stuff can be debunked but that is probably not a conversation you want to really have.

So basically what you’re saying that because a person, whom I suppose you believe like PH is a nut, stated something that is actually documented in a movie, then it’s not credible? Wow, sounds like you can be easily deceived as well. Clearly you guys don’t ask questions or look into things than just videos and talking points.

I was super into rhe conspiracy world for a long time and still find it to be fascinating but it doesn't take a whole lot of digging to find that a lot of that stuff is simply half truths and are easily debunked if you, as you say, ask questions.
By Purple Haize
thepostman wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

I was super into rhe conspiracy world for a long time and still find it to be fascinating but it doesn't take a whole lot of digging to find that a lot of that stuff is simply half truths and are easily debunked if you, as you say, ask questions.

You obviously aren’t asking the “right” questions. You’re just asking the questions “They” want you to ask and of course have the answers to.
By cruzan_flame13
#564584 Okay Post, is Tavistock Institute, operation paperclip and mocking bird, co-intelpro or even the Franklin coverup under Reagan and Bush’s administration half truths? Iike I said people want to believe what they want to believe. You don’t need the internet to prove this when there was committees(like the Church committee in the 70’s), investigations and arrests involved. Of course as usual in politics, the little man get thrown under the bus as others get away since they created a big image that the masses adore. As I said, mock or even say that I’m wrong, truth never changes and many leaders, journalists and witnesses(at times along with their families) have lost their lives for it. I’ll end my statements with this last message.
By Purple Haize
#564591 The Tavistock Institute- Birthplace of The Beatles Rolling Stones and Greatful Dead
Operation Paperclip - Probably would have been better to let Stalin have those people or just let them die
Project Mokingbird - What? The Government puts people under surveillance? Sometimes not necessarily in a legal manner. Shocking

None of which has anything to do with the incredible life HW Bush lead
By Purple Haize
#564617 I don’t know if it’s protocol or not but Trump is sending the Presidential 747 (Air Force 1 evennthough he’s not on it) to Houston to retrieve HW Bush That’s pretty cool. The more I read about him the more I’m in awe of his life. One of the best posts I’ve seen “I look at HW Bush life and accomplishments and am in wonder. Then I look at mine and sigh “ :)
By TH Spangler
#564640 He pushed for NAFTA and China to the WTO?? He was the spokesperson for the "New World Order", to be lead by the UN? He admitted to voting for Hillary Clinton in 2016?? His granddaughter defends plan parenthood today. I haven't made up my mind yet. History will have to decide for me?
Last edited by TH Spangler on December 1st, 2018, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
TH Spangler wrote:He pushed for NAFTA and China to the WTO?? He was the spokesperson for the "New World Order", to be lead by the UN? He admitted to voting for Hillary Clinton in 2016?? His daughter defends plan parenthood today. I haven't made up my mind yet. History will have to decide for me?

Let’s look at what NAFTA promised at the time as well China to the WTO. Pretty reasonable positions to take in theory. He was Envoy to China and understood what was going on at the time. As for the New World Order narrative, yes. It was. There was no Cold War. No proxy wars between Super Powers. There were no Super Powers, just the US. So yeah, after 50 years, it was a New World Order.
I totally get why he didn’t like Trump. The Bush Family was like Judge Smails and Trump is Al Czverik. I don’t fault him for that. He doesn’t like loud, brash and crass individuals which in exactly what Trump is. Doesn’t make one right and on wrong. Just preference.
I listed just some of his accomplishments. His Thousand Points Of Lights initiative was inspiring, signing the ADA into law, despite its abuse, was ground breaking and picking and sticking by Justice Thomas are a few others. Don’t let a few things here and there at the end of life in a different time skew what truly was an incredible American Liffe.
By thepostman
#564648 He also just died this weekend so I think maybe wait a while to throw out your allegations of corruption and political differences. Have a little bit of respect for the dead.
By Purple Haize
thepostman wrote:He also just died this weekend so I think maybe wait a while to throw out your allegations of corruption and political differences. Have a little bit of respect for the dead.

That’s not the way it’s done anymore. That’s what was done in the Era HW represented. Back when you could be opponents without being enemies
By Jonathan Carone
#564664 One of my favorite things to read about today was his friendship with Dana Carvey that started over Carvey’s SNL impression. You don’t see that anymore.
By Purple Haize
Jonathan Carone wrote:One of my favorite things to read about today was his friendship with Dana Carvey that started over Carvey’s SNL impression. You don’t see that anymore.

No you don’t. I went through all those old videos. Hilarious. Carvey even was an event at the WH right before HW left office. Very funny stuff. HW oozed Class

Edit: here it is. I still can’t find the full clip of him critiquing Carvey’s impression of him on SNL

By Jonathan Carone
#564668 HW on SNL was in 94. I watched that one earlier today.

Look up Carvey on Conan after Barbara Bush died. He talked about their friendship then.
By Purple Haize
Jonathan Carone wrote:HW on SNL was in 94. I watched that one earlier today.

Look up Carvey on Conan after Barbara Bush died. He talked about their friendship then.

I remember hearing the story how he was invited to the White House and scared to death. Barbara made him do the impersonation :D
By TH Spangler
Purple Haize wrote:Let’s look at what NAFTA promised at the time as well China to the WTO. Pretty reasonable positions to take in theory. He was Envoy to China and understood what was going on at the time. As for the New World Order narrative, yes. It was. There was no Cold War. No proxy wars between Super Powers. There were no Super Powers, just the US. So yeah, after 50 years, it was a New World Order.

Not saying he planned for things to playout like they did. But he and his friends "reasonable positions" turned out to be very bad for Americans. Over 5 million US jobs offshored to countries we planned to control via trade. Then trillions in American middle class wealth transferred for the same reason. A hand full set themselves up as middle men and policy enablers and become super rich. Then China completely flips the so call New World Order ....“When China joined the WTO in 2000 with 1.3 billion people underemployed, it began pulling them out of the rice paddies, the farms, and rural areas, and putting them to work. The Chinese under-consume. They produce more than they consume, [in] a country that’s four and a half times as big as ours and relying on the American consumer to fund their path to wealth and doing so with a state-directed economy, which is different than communist, it’s a strategic mix of state capitalism with a little bit of private sector in it. We always thought communism would fail, but China found central planning 2.0 and is pretty good at it,”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018 ... s-america/

History is not looking to good right now, time will tell :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
TH Spangler wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Let’s look at what NAFTA promised at the time as well China to the WTO. Pretty reasonable positions to take in theory. He was Envoy to China and understood what was going on at the time. As for the New World Order narrative, yes. It was. There was no Cold War. No proxy wars between Super Powers. There were no Super Powers, just the US. So yeah, after 50 years, it was a New World Order.

Not saying he planned for things to playout like they did. But he and his friends "reasonable positions" turned out to be very bad for Americans. Over 5 million US jobs offshored to countries we planned to control via trade. Then trillions in American middle class wealth transferred for the same reason. A hand full set themselves up as middle men and policy enablers and become super rich. Then China completely flips the so call New World Order ....“When China joined the WTO in 2000 with 1.3 billion people underemployed, it began pulling them out of the rice paddies, the farms, and rural areas, and putting them to work. The Chinese under-consume. They produce more than they consume, [in] a country that’s four and a half times as big as ours and relying on the American consumer to fund their path to wealth and doing so with a state-directed economy, which is different than communist, it’s a strategic mix of state capitalism with a little bit of private sector in it. We always thought communism would fail, but China found central planning 2.0 and is pretty good at it,”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018 ... s-america/

History is not looking to good right now, time will tell :dontgetit

See? Even you admit there was a New World Order after the HW Administration. Not once did you reference the Soviet Union. I am going to assume you are old enough to remember waking up every day with the threat of global annihilation. The Warsaw Pact. Communist Rebels in Central America. That was the Post WW2 Order. After the fall of the Soviet Union there was....wait for it ....a New World Order. People believed there would be Peace and Prosperity.
By TH Spangler
#564713 I voted for him, nothing but respect for his military service. But I think he made some very bad decisions when it comes to trade. That's where he lost me. Maybe if Trump can right some of that I can forgive and forget.
By BuryYourDuke
#564768 I’m not going to impugn the man’s character. I didn’t know him. I’ve read some of the things Cruzan posted, and some of them are troubling, others laughable. As a nation, we sacrificed so much to defeat the evil empire we ourselves were responsible for creating.

I tend to believe in my heart that HW was a good man. That being said, purely from a political perspective, his policies were horrific for this country in so many ways. But as I get older, and the nation of our grandfathers dies a permanent death, the legacies of men like Ronald Reagan and GHW Bush lose their shine. The degree to which Simpson-Mazzoli, NAFTA, WTO, and Gulf War I negatively shaped our country forever cannot be minimized. I suppose hindsight is 20/20, but there were a few voices calling out, warning these men of what their actions would bring. History should remember Patrick J. Buchanan as a prophet.

I would definitely contrast GHWB to someone like McCain. While I disagree with many of Bush’s decisions, I do not believe him to be evil. McCain...
By Purple Haize
BuryYourDuke wrote:I’m not going to impugn the man’s character. I didn’t know him. I’ve read some of the things Cruzan posted, and some of them are troubling, others laughable. As a nation, we sacrificed so much to defeat the evil empire we ourselves were responsible for creating.

I tend to believe in my heart that HW was a good man. That being said, purely from a political perspective, his policies were horrific for this country in so many ways. But as I get older, and the nation of our grandfathers dies a permanent death, the legacies of men like Ronald Reagan and GHW Bush lose their shine. The degree to which Simpson-Mazzoli, NAFTA, WTO, and Gulf War I negatively shaped our country forever cannot be minimized. I suppose hindsight is 20/20, but there were a few voices calling out, warning these men of what their actions would bring. History should remember Patrick J. Buchanan as a prophet.

I would definitely contrast GHWB to someone like McCain. While I disagree with many of Bush’s decisions, I do not believe him to be evil. McCain...

I can live with that. I can only say the World was such a much different place then now. Buchanan may be seen as a prophet but at the time his policies would also have been detrimental.
Having said that, HW by every account was a good decent and honorable man. A man of a different era. As I said originally a man whose greatest strength was his greatest political liability. But I know those who knew him. I know their stories. The World would be a better place with more people of the character of George HW Bush.
By BuryYourDuke
#564775 No policies are perfect. But if you imagine a Reagan/Bush administration that followed the advice of Buchanan when he was a member of it. Strongly anti-communist, yet firmly against unnecessary military adventurism and intervention that created blowback. Commitment to economic nationalism that would have prevented the destruction of our industrial base, and limited the rise of China as a world power to contend with. And finally, a strong commitment to actually protecting our borders and restoring sane immigration policies that would protect American workers, and American culture.

Surely other issues would have popped up, but It is difficult for me to believe this country wouldn’t be in a much better position had Reagan and Bush listened to their advisor Mr. Buchanan.
By Purple Haize
BuryYourDuke wrote:No policies are perfect. But if you imagine a Reagan/Bush administration that followed the advice of Buchanan when he was a member of it. Strongly anti-communist, yet firmly against unnecessary military adventurism and intervention that created blowback. Commitment to economic nationalism that would have prevented the destruction of our industrial base, and limited the rise of China as a world power to contend with. And finally, a strong commitment to actually protecting our borders and restoring sane immigration policies that would protect American workers, and American culture.

Surely other issues would have popped up, but It is difficult for me to believe this country wouldn’t be in a much better position had Reagan and Bush listened to their advisor Mr. Buchanan.

I’m with you 100% on this.
The rest we could have nice discussions on. Probably wouldn’t agree, but would not come away enemies. A trait HW would admire I think :D
By Sly Fox
#564786 I was never a fan of 41 as President. But being in Houston I have had numerous occassions to interact with him over the past twenty years and my opinion of him personally is significantly higher. He has always been gracious to everyone with whom he interacts. He was a regular at nearly every sporting event in town since his retirement and made a point of being a real fan. It may be hokey but I respect that in the man.

On a side note, my family lived by the Barbara Bush Library for over a decade and walked by the statue of Robin at least once a week. The way 41 & Barbara approached family life has always been something I have admired. Then again, I got to know 43 fairly well back in his gubernatorial days and genuinely liked him even though I was disenchanted with his days in the White House. You can be a nice guy even if you make bad decisions. Sometimes we have trouble reconciling those concepts.
By TH Spangler
#564796 Politicians are simply puppets for a puppet master. I see the Bush's as good folks, but with a very bad puppet master when it came to trade. Should have listen to Pat.
By Jonathan Carone
Sly Fox wrote:You can be a nice guy even if you make bad decisions. Sometimes we have trouble reconciling those concepts.

This is how I feel about 41, 43, and 44. I disagree with many things each did, but I believe them to be quality men who did what they thought was best. I can respect that even if I don’t agree with it.
By ballcoach15
#564816 President Bush is only President I have had opportunity to shake hands with.
By Purple Haize
ballcoach15 wrote:President Bush is only President I have had opportunity to shake hands with.

Well, did you take the opportunity?
By ballcoach15
#564824 Yes.

(I also saw Carter, Reagan and Trump in person.)

Worked with Secret Service on Security Detail in 1985 on a Reagan visit to Fort Myer, VA
By Purple Haize
#565529 What an incredible ceremony. HW has continued in death what he did in life. My respect for him was high before but is only higher now. Looking back at all the anecdotes on his life....wow. The people who visited him at the rotunda. Wow. The people who were helped by the ADA Wow. My top 3 take away images are Sully at the casket. Dole saluting the casket. W and Laura Bush with the Trumps at Blair house with all being gracious and kind. Just as HW wished.
By RubberMallet
#565535 this is absolutely not how i expected this thread to be. that was pretty amazing. John Lear over here just made it gold.
By TH Spangler
#565540 He has many good legacies. Unfortunately Danville Virginia and many more cities just like it are as well :cry:
By thepostman
#565637 I use to work with some older guys who spent time at Camp David during George HW Bush's presidency and out of every president they had the honor to serve under, HW was the one who still to this day they remember. He constantly went out of his way to talk with the jr enlisted who kept the grounds clean and was often inviting people to play wallyball with him and the family. Working in an environment where you often brush shoulders with some pretty powerful people it was always refreshing to hear these stories. Just watching all of the coverage just cements what I believed after talking to these guy, HW was a great and decent man. That is why so many on the left and right have gone out of their way to pay their respects.
By Purple Haize
#565657 Watching W and James Baker break down and cry hit me right in the Feelz today
By Purple Haize
#565711 After watching this I couldn’t believe how dusty my house was. Darn allergies

By Purple Haize
Jonathan Carone wrote:I want to know what Jeb said to him as he sat down that made him crack up.

I heard on the news tonight that one of them said “You almost made it” referring to him breaking down. The Bush’s were big on not being emotional in public. My wife pointed out that I made it to just about the same spot when I eulogized my dad in October :)
By Purple Haize
#565723 Looking at the Presidents Row you could tell Bill Clinton was really engaged. He was reminiscing with W. Trump was really moved by the sincerity of it and I think appreciating the new level of detante between them. Carter. Man talk about a forgotten man. But he was openly weeping and you could tell he was feeling every word
By ElmersTwin
Purple Haize wrote:What an incredible ceremony. HW has continued in death what he did in life. My respect for him was high before but is only higher now. Looking back at all the anecdotes on his life....wow. The people who visited him at the rotunda. Wow. The people who were helped by the ADA Wow. My top 3 take away images are Sully at the casket. Dole saluting the casket. W and Laura Bush with the Trumps at Blair house with all being gracious and kind. Just as HW wished.

There is a slight possibility I teared up a smidge when I saw Dole salute the casket, and the look on his face when he sat back down. The last few days have been remarkable, and a nice break from the usual junk happening in politics.