This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.
By thepostman
#553622 I don't care if he punches back but making light of sexual assault is crossing the line. Of course he knows that and probably did it just to get the media talking to distract them from what is really going on. He is really good at that.
By JK37
thepostman wrote:I don't care if he punches back but making light of sexual assault is crossing the line. Of course he knows that and probably did it just to get the media talking to distract them from what is really going on. He is really good at that.

Yes he is, and that’s not all.
By Purple Haize
thepostman wrote:I don't care if he punches back but making light of sexual assault is crossing the line. Of course he knows that and probably did it just to get the media talking to distract them from what is really going on. He is really good at that.

Half the people saying #metoo are making light of sexual assault. That movement has lost all credibility. When women who have had a guy make an unwanted pass at them think it’s the same as being raped or having a guy say they look nice is akin to date rape I can’t takr you seriously. How many comedians or colleagues have you heard jokingly say #metoo, as a punch line? He wasn’t making light of sexual assault. He was making light of the SJW who co-opted a movement
By Class of 20Something
#553653 So who is the scotus going to be? My money is on Amy Barrett. She was too conservative and Catholic to get 60 votes but at 51 I think she can get past.
By Purple Haize
Class of 20Something wrote:So who is the scotus going to be? My money is on Amy Barrett. She was too conservative and Catholic to get 60 votes but at 51 I think she can get past.

That’s who I’m hoping for. Young married pro life female. She will bring out the ugly in the Democrats (and Republicans) who try to oppose her.
By Yacht Rock
#553656 To say the #metoo movement has lost all credibility is silly. I've been following this closely as it relates to the business world and I've facilitated state mandated sexual harassment training in the past. I haven't seen a lot of folks equalize criminal assaults and unwanted sexual advances. The similarity is simply that people are willing to come forward. It's forced a lot of businesses to look at what they allow some of their employees to get away with and forced others to put together some clear rules on workplace relationships, etc. Overall, this movement has been good for helping both victims of abuse and victims of harassment come forward and that's not a bad thing.
By thepostman
Purple Haize wrote:

Half the people saying #metoo are making light of sexual assault. That movement has lost all credibility. When women who have had a guy make an unwanted pass at them think it’s the same as being raped or having a guy say they look nice is akin to date rape I can’t takr you seriously. How many comedians or colleagues have you heard jokingly say #metoo, as a punch line? He wasn’t making light of sexual assault. He was making light of the SJW who co-opted a movement

I haven't really heard any comedians joke around about the meeto movement and as far as colleagues go, nobody I currently work with have joked around about it. I have seen some former coworkers make light of it but they are also terrible people so it wasnt surprising.

But I'm use to you attempting to justify Trumps awful behavior because he is going to get the right SCOTUS judges in which I understand but it doesn't mean he is free of criticism.
By Purple Haize
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

I haven't really heard any comedians joke around about the meeto movement and as far as colleagues go, nobody I currently work with have joked around about it. I have seen some former coworkers make light of it but they are also terrible people so it wasnt surprising.

But I'm use to you attempting to justify Trumps awful behavior because he is going to get the right SCOTUS judges in which I understand but it doesn't mean he is free of criticism.

We work in different Worlds. I’ve heard both males and females I interact with end sentences with “#metoo” to make light of a situation. I said comedians because I saw the same thing on TV but to be honest can’t remember the show. Perhaps I just hang around all the terrible people you know. I’ve laid out the reasons it’s lost credibility with me and others. But I just see a massive difference between what Harvey W did and some teenage boy making a pass at a girl and getting shut down. If that makes me a terrible person, than so be it. But I’m not alone and the list is growing
By Yacht Rock
#553662 I don’t think many people are saying that’s the same thing. There are a few but it’s far in the minority and just the same noise that be seen in almost any cause. The extremists don’t make the cause less credible. They make themselves less credible.

That being said, romantic propositions and flirting in the workplace have become part of this discussion and a lot of companies are realizing that either they didn’t have proper rules to follow when it came to that sort of thing or that they didn’t empower their employees with knowledge of what’s okay, what’s not okay, or didn’t create a safe space for reporting such behavior. I’m not saying I’m against workplace romance (it’s how I met my wife) but I’ve seen enough poor behavior over the years from a Human Resources and management standpoint to understand that what is happening is necessary.
By jbock13
#553710 Really disappointed by his pick for Supreme Court.
By thepostman
#553712 I'm more confused than anything.

Out of curiosity what disappoints you particularly? I have an idea and think we are probably on the same page but don't want to assume.
By Purple Haize
#553716 I’m not thrilled but I don’t hate it. I do know it’s way better than any HRC pick. I give it an enthusiastic meh. He can’t be that bad. He like hoops
By BuryYourDuke
#553847 I mean...what is it you guys want? Of the 4 finalists he was the best choice IMO. The lady with the Haitian kids wouldn’t have been bad either. If we pick up seats in the Senate I would guess she is in line for the cryptkeeper’s seat once she finally rests with her ancestors.
By Class of 20Something
BuryYourDuke wrote:I mean...what is it you guys want? Of the 4 finalists he was the best choice IMO. The lady with the Haitian kids wouldn’t have been bad either. If we pick up seats in the Senate I would guess she is in line for the cryptkeeper’s seat once she finally rests with her ancestors.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
By Purple Haize
#553863 I haven’t dived deep into the Strozk storyline because I grasped the broad strokes. But I listened to some of the circus hearings today and HOLY COW. Hearing the actual texts back and forth were just mind blowing. Imagine if you were under investigation and it came to light the lead investigator a series a communications half as derogatory, inflammatory and voluminous about you. Would you feel they were being even handed and impartial?
God bless the Dems on the Committee. They threw every Parliamentary procedural road block they could
Last edited by Purple Haize on July 13th, 2018, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By oldflame
Purple Haize wrote:I haven’t dived deep into the Strozk storyline because I grasped the broad strokes. But I listened to some of the circus hearings today and HOLY COW. Hearing the actual texts back and forth were just mind blowing. Imagine if you were under investigation and it came to light the lead investigator a series a communications half as derogatory, inflammatory and voluminous about you. Would you feel they were being even handed and impartial?
God blasts the Dems on the Committee. They threw every Parliamentary procedural road block they could

Watched quite a bit of this on youtube live stream. My response was a lot like yours. This guy using his work phone to text those things makes Hugh Freeze look like a genius. The idiocy of arrogance. It´s pretty clear that under the Obama JD, FBI guys (some of them anyway) were basically doing whatever they wanted, which would explain why a guy like this was willing to do pretty much anything to try to keep it that way.
By thepostman
#553897 Government employees using government phones for such things!!?? Say it isn't so.

Books upon books could be written....
By Purple Haize
thepostman wrote:Government employees using government phones for such things!!?? Say it isn't so.

Books upon books could be written....

To me it’s irrelevant what phone he was using. Although I would imagine he was using his ‘work’ phone so his wife couldn’t access his texts to Mrs Page!
Basically this is what I got out of his appearance yesterday:
Strozyk- Trump is a douch whom I hate. He is a danger to the Country he must be stopped and I’m the man to do it
Also Strozyk - My texts in no way showed bias and I am insulted you would think that. I can consduxt an unbiased investigation
By thepostman
#553918 I'm not sticking up for the guy. He clearly allowed his political leanings effect him.

He hasn't been the first and he won't be the last.