This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.
By Purple Haize
#542328 So moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem is kind of a big deal. Publicly acknowledging it as the Capital is even more Bigly Yuger
By thepostman
#542337 I'm not sure how it is short sited. If we haven't been increasing our deficit our entire lives than maybe I could buy that but we are coming dangerously close to imploding fiscally speaking. We can't continually have faith that sone theoretical new investments/business, etc will somehow help reverse the incredible damage our leaders have caused by growing the government as quickly as they have since the world wars.
By Class of 20Something
#542358 I have done a little background reading on our support of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Can someone break down the implications in a neutral view then separately from a Christian world view?
By Purple Haize
Class of 20Something wrote:I have done a little background reading on our support of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Can someone break down the implications in a neutral view then separately from a Christian world view?

There is East Jerusalem and West Jerusalem. The East is part of ‘occupied territory ‘ and thus part of a hoped for future Palestinian State. West Jerusalem is controlled by the Israelis. We have Consulates in both E and W Jerusalem (Nice new ones since I was there). By calling Jerusalem the Capital Of Israel it A) Legitimizes Israel when a group of people still want to wipe it off the face of the Earth B) Negates it from becoming a part of a new Palestinian State.

That’s a very very short synopsis. Lots of nuance in there. Hopefully it was somewhat helpful