This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.
By ALUmnus
#531018
Purple Haize wrote:So the Intelligence people AT THE MEETING dispute the story. If Trump were really giving up Code Word only State secrets I am pretty positive they would have stepped in. That's their job. I have no doubt that they discussed things that were sensitive it this hysteria is par for the course. Had they not gotten the vapors over Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream or his disdain for exercise I'd take their reporting more seriously


Yes, the last part of your statement is a huge problem, and why it's so hard to sift through this stuff.

At the same time, the denials are really careful and weak so far, which causes doubt. And if the people AT THE MEETING then immediately contacted a bunch of people NOT AT THE MEETING to warn them, well, then lots of people know. And that's where the story came from. This could all be completely overblown, I don't dispute that, and I hope that's the case, but some of you guys are at the other extreme of denial. And because of how horrible our media is, it's hard to blame you for that.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531024 Here is the thing. If I'm with Intelligence Branch A and just met with the Russians I would most certainly contact my counterpart at Intelligence Branch B and compare notes. That is SOP. The fact that WaPo is using that as a source of proof is asanine
By lynchburgwildcats
#531026
Purple Haize wrote:So the Intelligence people AT THE MEETING dispute the story. If Trump were really giving up Code Word only State secrets I am pretty positive they would have stepped in. That's their job. I have no doubt that they discussed things that were sensitive it this hysteria is par for the course. Had they not gotten the vapors over Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream or his disdain for exercise I'd take their reporting more seriously

And the White House also urged The Washington Post not to publish the previously highly classified information that Trump allegedly exposed at the meeting. If he didn't expose it at the meeting, why would the Washington Post know it and why would the White House urge them not to publish it?
By lynchburgwildcats
#531029 Throwing aside the fact that I disagree with almost everything Trump has done policy wise during his Presidency, I'm concerned at how Trump is going to handle a legitimate crisis given his temperament and behavior.
By thepostman
#531030 I mean he hasn't pulled the trigger on North Korea yet so he is already showing more restraint than I thought he had.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531031
thepostman wrote:I mean he hasn't pulled the trigger on North Korea yet so he is already showing more restraint than I thought he had.


I would place my money on China 'handling' Kim Un
By lynchburgwildcats
#531032
thepostman wrote:I mean he hasn't pulled the trigger on North Korea yet so he is already showing more restraint than I thought he had.

Yeah, because he doesn't want to get killed in a nuclear war.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531034 NBC correspondent contradicting NBC reporting


@RichardEngel
Us intel official says Trump talked abt isis interest in laptops, which is why laptops of such concern these days. Says not new info.
By lynchburgwildcats
#531039 McMaster's admits that Trump just spontaneously blurted out whatever it is that he said. Basically, Trump treated the meeting like one of his morning Twitter rants, just saying whatever he wants by the seat of his pants :roll:

McMaster also refuses to deny that Trump relayed classified info from an ally to Russians and that Trump named a city.
By lynchburgwildcats
#531092 And the info Trump leaked is being broadcast on Russia state television. All of our enemies the world over are now getting a hold of this info, I can only imagine...
By lynchburgwildcats
#531093
There is a growing sense that Mr. Trump seems unwilling or unable to do the things necessary to keep himself out of trouble, and that the presidency has done little to tame a shoot-from-the-hip-into-his-own-foot style that characterized his campaign.

There is a fear among some of Mr. Trump’s senior advisers about leaving him alone in meetings with foreign leaders out of concern he might speak out of turn. General McMaster, in particular, has tried to insert caveats or gentle corrections into conversations when he believes the president is straying off topic or onto boggy diplomatic ground.

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/w ... .html?_r=1

Basically, the administration has to babysit the President like a small child because of fear of what he might do if left unattended (outside of security personnel, of course). And the most honest defense for Trump's actions is that he is too ignorant to have leaked what was allegedly leaked. Brilliant job performance there Trump :clapping

SAD!
By cruzan_flame13
#531100 The main source of this "leakage " was the Washington Post. These guys has lost credibility before Trump even ran for the nomination as president. It's funny that people say that Trump is a risk if left alone, yet did that with the former president and look how devastating our infrastructure plus foreign relations are now. Of course it's Trumps fault. It's fine to disagree with some of his policies, but to say he is a joke or unfit is a bit laughable. I mean we've made lawyers take the position as commander of chief and look how they've stabilize this country before Trump. Not.


What's the opposite of progress? The answer is Congress.
By lynchburgwildcats
#531105
cruzan_flame13 wrote:The main source of this "leakage " was the Washington Post. These guys has lost credibility before Trump even ran for the nomination as president. It's funny that people say that Trump is a risk if left alone, yet did that with the former president and look how devastating our infrastructure plus foreign relations are now. Of course it's Trumps fault. It's fine to disagree with some of his policies, but to say he is a joke or unfit is a bit laughable. I mean we've made lawyers take the position as commander of chief and look how they've stabilize this country before Trump. Not.


What's the opposite of progress? The answer is Congress.

And these leaks have been confirmed by the New York times and dozens of other news outlets. The leaked information was even confirmed reported on Russian state news. What excuses you want to use now? It's blatantly clear that Trump leaked the intelligence to the Russians.
By lynchburgwildcats
#531106 Trump on record saying he fired Comey for investigating Trump/Russia. Now it's also ben revealed that Trump told Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn. This is obstruction of justice.
By cruzan_flame13
#531110
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:The main source of this "leakage " was the Washington Post. These guys has lost credibility before Trump even ran for the nomination as president. It's funny that people say that Trump is a risk if left alone, yet did that with the former president and look how devastating our infrastructure plus foreign relations are now. Of course it's Trumps fault. It's fine to disagree with some of his policies, but to say he is a joke or unfit is a bit laughable. I mean we've made lawyers take the position as commander of chief and look how they've stabilize this country before Trump. Not.


What's the opposite of progress? The answer is Congress.

And these leaks have been confirmed by the New York times and dozens of other news outlets. The leaked information was even confirmed reported on Russian state news. What excuses you want to use now? It's blatantly clear that Trump leaked the intelligence to the Russians.


Your credible sources are Washington Post, New York times and those affiliates that are similar? Wow that is very disturbing to say the least.
By cruzan_flame13
#531111
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Trump on record saying he fired Comey for investigating Trump/Russia. Now it's also ben revealed that Trump told Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn. This is obstruction of justice.



I would like you to show me the record of this statement and not something edited by your sources or the mainstream media(who have been exposed countless of time twisting topics for their narrative). Comey has stated a long time that there is no proof of Trump having any Relations to Russia and their leader. The news have repeatedly accused Trump of this but not showing any evidence of such claim. Stating that there are "intelligence" sources repeatedly doesn't prove that there is any credibility of such accusation. Also Flynn did not do anything wrong based on the fact that he wasn't even have a position in intelligence anymore and was going around meeting Russian officials. This isn't illegal or unconstitutional because the same people claiming this as obstruction to justice have dine the same thing while maintaining there positions as congressmen/women, sebators , etc. (Chuck Schumer, Nancy Polosi, etc.). These are also the same people who declare a few months(even weeks ago) that Comes had no credibility and should be fired since he was investigating their beloved Hillary(who should be in jail right now based on actual evidence of bleaching a server and containing national security documents on her private server). Not to mention her aide Huma who sent confidential information to her own email which was stored on her husband's laptop (with other things that needs no mentioning here). Of course that doesn't matter because the media didn't tell you that right?


P.S. Funny how the investigation comes up on Seth Rich's murder and how it was a cover up from the D.C. police and from his leakage of DNC corruption, this claim of Trump giving information to Russians is pushed at the same time. I'm sure no one is trying to destroy a reinvestigation on Seth Rich right? Let's continue making up allegations to give the masses a narrative of how Trump is a Russian agent. Let's be real, Putin didn't need to hack into anything because Hillary destroyed her chances by just all her crimes and other crimes of those she is connected to (her husband, Human Abedin, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, etc.). In order to get the focus on them they do what they do best which is accusing the opponent as a threat or traitor (WikiLeaks, Trump, Roger Stone, Drudge Report, Milo Yiannopoulos, etc.)
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531126 This is like watching a butt kickng contest between a one legged man and a blind man

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn
By ALAFlamesFan
#531128 Jr better be kissing up to Pence. Trump is on the ropes. He made it longer than I expected but I think it is safe to say he won't make it to an LU FBS game as POTUS.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531132
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Jr better be kissing up to Pence. Trump is on the ropes. He made it longer than I expected but I think it is safe to say he won't make it to an LU FBS game as POTUS.


I'll take that bet. Not sure he will ever come to one but he will be around
By lynchburgwildcats
#531134
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Trump on record saying he fired Comey for investigating Trump/Russia. Now it's also ben revealed that Trump told Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn. This is obstruction of justice.



I would like you to show me the record of this statement and not something edited by your sources or the mainstream media(who have been exposed countless of time twisting topics for their narrative). Comey has stated a long time that there is no proof of Trump having any Relations to Russia and their leader. The news have repeatedly accused Trump of this but not showing any evidence of such claim. Stating that there are "intelligence" sources repeatedly doesn't prove that there is any credibility of such accusation. Also Flynn did not do anything wrong based on the fact that he wasn't even have a position in intelligence anymore and was going around meeting Russian officials. This isn't illegal or unconstitutional because the same people claiming this as obstruction to justice have dine the same thing while maintaining there positions as congressmen/women, sebators , etc. (Chuck Schumer, Nancy Polosi, etc.). These are also the same people who declare a few months(even weeks ago) that Comes had no credibility and should be fired since he was investigating their beloved Hillary(who should be in jail right now based on actual evidence of bleaching a server and containing national security documents on her private server). Not to mention her aide Huma who sent confidential information to her own email which was stored on her husband's laptop (with other things that needs no mentioning here). Of course that doesn't matter because the media didn't tell you that right?


P.S. Funny how the investigation comes up on Seth Rich's murder and how it was a cover up from the D.C. police and from his leakage of DNC corruption, this claim of Trump giving information to Russians is pushed at the same time. I'm sure no one is trying to destroy a reinvestigation on Seth Rich right? Let's continue making up allegations to give the masses a narrative of how Trump is a Russian agent. Let's be real, Putin didn't need to hack into anything because Hillary destroyed her chances by just all her crimes and other crimes of those she is connected to (her husband, Human Abedin, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, etc.). In order to get the focus on them they do what they do best which is accusing the opponent as a threat or traitor (WikiLeaks, Trump, Roger Stone, Drudge Report, Milo Yiannopoulos, etc.)

This whole entire post is L O L worthy. You sound just like a Trump mouthpiece. You work for Fox News or something? Guss you're just going to gloss over how Trump himself said he fired Comey for investigating the Russia stuff. I don't need a source for that, the man himself said it. But I guess that doesn't fit into your Fox News and Friends narrative.

Funny though that you can't go a post talking about Trump without bringing up Hillary. I'm not even a democrat or a Hillary supporter/voter. Get over her already. SAD!

Though I admire your loyalty. Hope you realize before it's too late when to abandon ship. Only way I see Trump making it through his 4-year term is if the Republicans don't continue to destroy their credibility and they are able to keep enough seats in Congress in 2018.
By cruzan_flame13
#531137
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Trump on record saying he fired Comey for investigating Trump/Russia. Now it's also ben revealed that Trump told Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn. This is obstruction of justice.



I would like you to show me the record of this statement and not something edited by your sources or the mainstream media(who have been exposed countless of time twisting topics for their narrative). Comey has stated a long time that there is no proof of Trump having any Relations to Russia and their leader. The news have repeatedly accused Trump of this but not showing any evidence of such claim. Stating that there are "intelligence" sources repeatedly doesn't prove that there is any credibility of such accusation. Also Flynn did not do anything wrong based on the fact that he wasn't even have a position in intelligence anymore and was going around meeting Russian officials. This isn't illegal or unconstitutional because the same people claiming this as obstruction to justice have dine the same thing while maintaining there positions as congressmen/women, sebators , etc. (Chuck Schumer, Nancy Polosi, etc.). These are also the same people who declare a few months(even weeks ago) that Comes had no credibility and should be fired since he was investigating their beloved Hillary(who should be in jail right now based on actual evidence of bleaching a server and containing national security documents on her private server). Not to mention her aide Huma who sent confidential information to her own email which was stored on her husband's laptop (with other things that needs no mentioning here). Of course that doesn't matter because the media didn't tell you that right?


P.S. Funny how the investigation comes up on Seth Rich's murder and how it was a cover up from the D.C. police and from his leakage of DNC corruption, this claim of Trump giving information to Russians is pushed at the same time. I'm sure no one is trying to destroy a reinvestigation on Seth Rich right? Let's continue making up allegations to give the masses a narrative of how Trump is a Russian agent. Let's be real, Putin didn't need to hack into anything because Hillary destroyed her chances by just all her crimes and other crimes of those she is connected to (her husband, Human Abedin, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, etc.). In order to get the focus on them they do what they do best which is accusing the opponent as a threat or traitor (WikiLeaks, Trump, Roger Stone, Drudge Report, Milo Yiannopoulos, etc.)

This whole entire post is L O L worthy. You sound just like a Trump mouthpiece. You work for Fox News or something? Guss you're just going to gloss over how Trump himself said he fired Comey for investigating the Russia stuff. I don't need a source for that, the man himself said it. But I guess that doesn't fit into your Fox News and Friends narrative.

Funny though that you can't go a post talking about Trump without bringing up Hillary. I'm not even a democrat or a Hillary supporter/voter. Get over her already. SAD!

Though I admire your loyalty. Hope you realize before it's too late when to abandon ship. Only way I see Trump making it through his 4-year term is if the Republicans don't continue to destroy their credibility and they are able to keep enough seats in Congress in 2018.



Firstly, thank you for just assuming that I'm a die hard Trump fan. I ask you to show evidence and your response is that (you) don't have to show me President Trump stating that he fired Comey because of Russian investigation because he said it? So you're not going to show me the proof of such action? Hmmm that's interesting. Secondly, thank you for assuming that I watch Fox News. It's called researching and looking at credible independent journalist who are not backed by corporate executives. Thirdly you have to bring up Hillary because these accusations of Trump/Putin started with her and her compadres. For months they've accused of Russian hacking and even had a recount in which Hillary lost votes during the process. Since that didn't work, they changed the narrative of Trump being a Russian agent who took their propaganda of calling Hillary and the media fake news. Funny thing is ive seen interviews of Trump calling mainstream reporters fake in the late 80's- onward so this isn't anything knew(if you have a monitor, cpu , a keyboard, a mouse and internet). I'm sorry that you believe the narrative and can't do some research. Stating that someone has committed crimes with no evidence from a prolonged investigation doesn't make someone guilty. Yet since the media is very biased and pro-left, they will continue this narrative because they know if they repeat this accusation (even with no proof) that eventually people will believe it without critically thinking or asking question. Clearly you are one of those individuals.
Orwell said it best:
"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot."

Since you like assumptions, I'll let you know that I support some of Trump's policy while disliking other positions on his platform. I dislike key players in his administration because clearly they don't want to work together and are just as foolish as the left; mainly because they're neoconservatives and CFR members who have a different agenda. So Trump messed up by thinking he can bring both parties together when these folks are not on the same page. Again you quit to recognize how serious the incident of Seth Rich is and what information he had caused his own murder. Of course that doesn't matter because you have personal hatred for Trump and you'll consume anything that is against him with no actual evidence but just media and politician rhetoric. At first they hate Comey and want him gone even a few weeks ago, but now because Trump let him go, he is now important for continuing a dried investigation which still lack any evidence. Even the acting F.B.I Director disclaim what the media had claim of Trump's firing of Comey:

"McCabe also contradicted reports by the Washington Post and New York Times that Comey was fired just days after seeking more resources for that investigation, including more prosecutors, other personnel and funding."

You can read the entire article: http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/05/acting-fb ... Z4x2irO.99

P.S. you can laugh at whatever you like. That still doesn't change the truth even if you ignore it. Orwell said it best, "In a time of universal deceit- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." This will be my last response to you.
By lynchburgwildcats
#531161 Using WND as a credible source? This is the most laughably moronic thing I have seen on the board yet. That website is infamous for promoting wild conspiracy theories. This is the same website that blamed America's moral depravity for 9/11 and engaged in the Obama birthed conspiracy theory and continued to do so even after his birth certificate was released. And they put an article on their front page about it today.

And this is your credible source? GOP has you brainwashed pretty good, it would appear.
User avatar
By RubberMallet
#531162 this guy.
By thepostman
#531165 You guys are feeding the troll. He is sitting there on his keyboard with a huge smile on his face because it is working.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531169
thepostman wrote:You guys are feeding the troll. He is sitting there on his keyboard with a huge smile on his face because it is working.


Actually it's only one person. To see these two go back and forth though is like watching a train wreck, midget wrestling and Jerry Springer all rolled in to one. The Troll is feasting and his meal is not bright enough to know. Even after warnings. So don't say 'you guys'.

User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531208 Democrats are Poll Testing whether or not they should impeach. You can't make this stuff up
Add to that how many of these anonymous leaks have turned out to be false it makes you wonder who is playing who?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation- ... 38202.html
By ATrain
#531360
Purple Haize wrote:Democrats are Poll Testing whether or not they should impeach. You can't make this stuff up
Add to that how many of these anonymous leaks have turned out to be false it makes you wonder who is playing who?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation- ... 38202.html


That last statement, reminds me of a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpV2ZzXnlpE
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531386
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Democrats are Poll Testing whether or not they should impeach. You can't make this stuff up
Add to that how many of these anonymous leaks have turned out to be false it makes you wonder who is playing who?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation- ... 38202.html


That last statement, reminds me of a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpV2ZzXnlpE


No offense, but as a gay man I expected better from you

By ATrain
#531394 My mom and I took line dancing together when I was kid - that was one of the songs on the playlist (or whatever they called a list of songs back then) in the 90's. You forget where I grew up LOL
User avatar
By Sly Fox
#531399 I played that on regular rotation back in the '80s on Lynchburg's Hot FM, Z100. Thanks for the reset.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531417 I heard this referenced on the Tom Sullivan show yesterday. Even the authors of the study were shocked at the disparity. The knee jerk reaction is he brings it on himself with his Tweetering. But ask yourself is that all he does? Anyone here about the progress of his executive orders? How bombing Syria has actually reset the table? His pledge to help HBCU? Did you know Steve Mnuchen has over 100 people going over the Bidget of each department trying to eliminate waste ? No? But you DO know Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream. You do know the word 'collusion' but don't know exactly how it applies. You know Melania and Baron are staying in NYC during the entire Presidency....ooops, that's wrong.
You get the idea. Trump does invite some of this on himself and actually probably thrives in that environment. But what role does/should the media play?

https://shorensteincenter.org/news-cove ... -100-days/
User avatar
By jbock13
#531583 Considering lynchburgwildcats is a self-professed troll, I'm not sure why anyone bothers arguing with him.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531584
jbock13 wrote:Considering lynchburgwildcats is a self-professed troll, I'm not sure why anyone bothers arguing with him.


13 feels he can handle anyone! That's why I just sit back and watch them gonat it.
By ALUmnus
#531631
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Fox News retracts their conspiracy theory on Seth Rich.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... ation.html


I've ignored this whole thing, so don't really know what it's all about, but I did read last night that Hannity has personally refused to retract anything. The guy is such a doofus.
User avatar
By Purple Haize
#531633
ALUmnus wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Fox News retracts their conspiracy theory on Seth Rich.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... ation.html


I've ignored this whole thing, so don't really know what it's all about, but I did read last night that Hannity has personally refused to retract anything. The guy is such a doofus.


Which guy?
Hannity?
Wildcats?
Both?
Play Basketball
By lynchburgwildcats
#531639
ALUmnus wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:Fox News retracts their conspiracy theory on Seth Rich.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05 ... ation.html


I've ignored this whole thing, so don't really know what it's all about, but I did read last night that Hannity has personally refused to retract anything. The guy is such a doofus.

He and Fox News are likely going to get sued since he refuses to accept reality. Fox News is going to run out of attorneys.
User avatar
By RubberMallet
#531647 lol
By lynchburgwildcats
#531710
lynchburgwildcats wrote:And Hannity has lost three advertisers today alone. Fox News may just have to fire him at this rate.

Final tally was 7 lost advertisers in the first day. :lol: