The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was perusing the online version of my hometown fishwrap and came across a story on this girl. the next two sentences are why I posted this:
One of her big goals is pitching on the Division I or II level in college.

“Liberty University is a possibility,” said Lane, who has a 3.2 grade-point average and plans to major in biology.
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/06/meet-gr ... ttany-lane
Last edited by BJWilliams on June 3rd, 2008, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Sly...she pretty much dominates back home. I forget how many no-no's she has had so far in her career
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Thanks Sly...she pretty much dominates back home. I forget how many no-no's she has had so far in her career
So, what you're saying is, we could be getting our own version of Angela Tincher?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Potentially...I mean I do not know exactly who else is in the picture but I know we are one of the schools she is considering. GCA is probably one of if not the best softball program in Tidewater. I forget how many consecutive conference titles they have won.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
what is her competition like beej??? does greenbrier play some public schools down there or is the private competition pretty good??
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:what is her competition like beej??? does greenbrier play some public schools down there or is the private competition pretty good??
There are some pretty good private schools in Tidewater. GCA has dominated the Tidewater Conference of Independent Schools for a number of years. They did get to play a scrimmage game with defending Group AAA champ Kellam this past season and went down to Myrtle Beach for a tournament as well. (Im gonna need to do some digging to find out how they did in SC) They beat Mills Godwin out of Richmond 1-0 this year.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
they played LCA this past season and crushed them in both games of a double header
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Greenbrier is easily one of the best teams in the state on the private school side and LCA is not exactly a slouch either
Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

5 plus 7 model

[rob lowe voice]I am LITERALLY in Dublin next […]

Prayers please

My neighborhood in Gambrills was great. Great f[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]