The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 4/7/06 FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

Lady Flames Softball Game Against Winthrop Postponed

LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Liberty University Lady Flames’ softball game scheduled for 1 p.m. tomorrow against Big South Conference opponent Winthrop has been postponed due to the forecast of inclement weather in the Lynchburg area all day on Saturday.

No make-up date has been scheduled at this time; however it is likely the two teams will not make up the game until early May.

The Lady Flames will return to action on Wednesday and Thursday when they travel across the Commonwealth to face Norfolk State on Tuesday and Hampton on Wednesday with both non-conference road doubleheaders scheduled for 2 p.m.

- www.LibertyFlames.com -
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Chris Lang wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 4/7/06 FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

Lady Flames Softball Game Against Winthrop Postponed

LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Liberty University Lady Flames’ softball game scheduled for 1 p.m. tomorrow against Big South Conference opponent Winthrop has been postponed due to the forecast of inclement weather in the Lynchburg area all day on Saturday.

No make-up date has been scheduled at this time; however it is likely the two teams will not make up the game until early May.

The Lady Flames will return to action on Wednesday and Thursday when they travel across the Commonwealth to face Norfolk State on Tuesday and Hampton on Wednesday with both non-conference road doubleheaders scheduled for 2 p.m.

- www.LibertyFlames.com -
???? someone wanna explain that one to me? and why does this stuff keep getting by the editors?
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Well, the SID staff is to blame for that one. That was off the web site, not our paper. Not sure they have editors. :wink:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
no, I saw that on their site- no shot at the fishwrap there, CHRIS
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I just went by what was posted on the current schedule portion when I wrote this week's softball article for the Champion.
By FYI
Why do you care ? Its not like you're going to go to the game. This is why it happens though.

The games were originally scheduled that way. So, when it was posted it was probably written quickly so no one came Saturday afternoon and it might have slipped by. There are no editors. They do everything themselves. Try writing over 500 words in a short period of time and not making a mistake. Even reading your work does not catch everything because your mind fills in what you think should be there.

Right now, I know for a fact that one of the two SIDs worked over 70 hours last week and got in at 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. Yet, he was sitting at his desk at 9:30 the same morning. Mistakes are going to slip by, especially with the Olympic sports. Its not like the guys are machines. It happens all the time at the big schools too. Rutgers has had the wrong information and time posted all year for different sports (just one example) and several ACC schools didn't even up date tennis this season. The two staff members are doing the work of three and the three of them had problems keeping up, so what do you think it does to two.

The Sports Information Department is looking for another member since one of the three left in early January. You should apply since you are so perfect. Mistakes happen when you work with words everyday and are handling 18 teams at once.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Easy does it, big fella. I didn't see anybody disparaging the SIDs. It just was pointed out that there was a mistake. You guys do a fine job with your limited resources.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Just wanted to take an opportunity to give the SID staff at Liberty its proper due. They do fine work for a staff of their size. Perfect example was last Thursday, when I needed to get a couple of last second baseball interviews. Ryan Bomberger set it up immediately. He could have been a real jerk about it and said "we need more notice," but he told me to come on down and he had Tim John and Matt Royer there to chat with me. Same goes with Todd Wetmore and softball that same day. He helped me get an interview when he had a million other things going on. There is no need to bag on the SID staff at Liberty at all. I told Todd the other day that I don't envy their jobs one bit. The hours they put in are insane. Yet they're always helpful. As professional of a staff that I've come across in my years of reporting.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I second that... we have one heck of an SID staff, I can honestly say that everything that I have asked for in the last 3 years has been done very quickly or either throughly explained as to why it can not be done... Todd and Ryan are working like dogs to make sure that we have all the info and MORE to do our jobs properly, they truly care about the school and want LU to be the best that it can be.... I have gotten to know both very well and can not tell begin to explain how much they do for LU athletics and have put us on the map....With that said guys continue the hard work and know that it is very much appreciated...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Sorry if that seemed harsh. not my intent to disparage anyone's work ethic- from a business perspective, you need to be able to take constructive criticism, even if you don't like the way it was presented.

The world is a mean place and not everyone is nice all the time. It gets tougher when you leave the mountain- esp on the East Coast.

The bottome line is that a minor mistake was made but was put out on a global forum, so yes- people notice. BTW- if I push the wrong drug or fail to properly intubate a patient, you can be sure the mistake will be pointed out to me! And the "nobody's perfect" argument doesn't fly!

the question was asked and answered (With passion!) as to how or why it happened- we appreciate it. Don't read anything else into it- we all love and support LU athletics.

next argument!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Softball Doubleheader Against Winthrop Rescheduled For May 8
April 20, 2006 · Lynchburg, Va.

The Lady Flames softball doubleheader against Winthrop that was postponed on April 8 because of inclement weather has been rescheduled for May 8. The conference doubleheader will begin at 2 p.m. at the Liberty Softball Field.

The pair of games will mark the conclusion of the Lady Flames’ regular season schedule. Later that week, Liberty travels to Radford, Va. to participate in the 2006 Big South Softball Championship on May 11-13, 2006.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?!

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: