The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys, the Lady Flames are back in action after an off week as the North Carolina A&T Lady Aggies come a calling to the Liberty Softball Field.

North Carolina A&T comes into todays contest 10-20 overall, 2-8 in the Mid Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC). The Aggies come into this contest after a split with conference leader Florida A&M 3-2 and 8-1 (A&T winning the first game A&M winning the second)

North Carolina A&T comes in having lost 6 of their last 8 contests. They have two pitchers on their roster, Latrona Anderson and Adia Dial. Anderson comes into today with a record of 8-10 and an ERA of 3.68. Adia Dial comes in with a 2-10 record and an ERA of 8.84. Opponents are hitting .330 against them while they come in with a team batting average of .256

Dial is also their leading hitter as she comes into today's doubleheader with a .418 average, 0 home runs and 15 RBI

Liberty of course is coming off a sweep at the hands of #2 Tennessee 8-0 and 9-1. Liberty comes into today's action with a record of 21-10, 2-0 in the Big South Conference. Despite the losses to Tennessee, the Lady Flames come into today's contest winners of 4 of their last 8 including a doubleheader sweep of in state foe James Madison. Liberty is led in pitching by Sarah Ellis who comes into today with a record of 6-0 and an ERA of 1.85 and Terra Lowe who comes in with a record of 7-5 and a 1.88 ERA. Opponents are hitting .236 with 10 home runs while Liberty comes in with a team average of .267 with 31 home runs

Liberty is led by Jessica Moore, who comes into today with an average of.430, 10 home runs and 14 RBI. Moore was injured in teh first game against Tennessee so her status is unknown for today's matchup.

Coverage of today's games begins at 12:55 on 90.9 FM and the Flames Sports Network. Nick Pierce and Brian Kennedy will have the call.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good write up, BJ.

we oughta pound the snot outta this team. Be nice to win 2 easily and maybe even get some of the starters some rest.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I know one person that'll be there...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Liberty wins game 1 5-2 Terra Lowe gets the complete game win. Lotranda Anderson suffers the loss for North Carolina A&T
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Any score on the second game.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We were up 5-0 in the 3rd when I pulled into Peak View to play frisbee golf.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for the update. Looks like a sweep could be on the way.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
That was like 3:30. It should definitely be over. Hang on, let me check away messages.

Ok, none of em said anything. I'm assuming we won. We were playing a lot better than them when I heard.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
LU slaughter rules North Carolina A&T in the second game 15-1
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Another very nice afternoon for the ladies. Anybody know any of the girls on the team that have a blog or would be willing to come here and give us some updates?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I know quite a few of the girls and my roommate knows the whole team. I guess that's what happens when your sister dorm is the one with the softball team. That's the case with him. Givemethemic might be able to give us some insight.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Ahhhh, SJ you had to go there... I might be able pull some strings not mentioning any names, but I will see what I can do in the next few days, I got the baseball game today so gonna be pretty busy...
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Of course I had to go there. It's my job to make those jokes.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
step up GMTM! quit feeding your piehole with large pizzas and get some softball players on the board. :D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I told one of them tonight.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Which player did you tell tonight, I watched Wrestlemania 22 so I didn't talk to any of the players..
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames Sweep North Carolina A&T To Remain Perfect At Home
April 1, 2006 · Lynchburg, Va.

Box Score Note:
For game box score, click “Team Stats” link on the right-hand navigation bar as all season box scores are listed on this link.

The Lady Flames used some timely hitting and a solid pitching performance in a 5-2 opening game victory over North Carolina A&T, while completing the sweep with a 15-1 win in the second game, Saturday afternoon, at the Liberty Softball Field.

With the pair of victories, the Lady Flames up their overall record to 23-10 overall this year, while the two wins allowed Liberty to remain perfect at home this season as the Lady Flames are 8-0 in games played at the Liberty Softball Field.

In the first game, the Aggies jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second inning as Latronda Anderson led off the frame with an infield single, while back-to-back two out hits plated the two runners. Sylvia Felder started the scoring outburst with a single to left field to drive in Anderson, while a double to the fence in right field by Jessica Cooper drove in Felder to give the visitors the early 2-0 lead.

Anderson was able to hold the Lady Flames hitless the first time through the batting order; however, the Lady Flames broke up the no hit and shutout bid with one swing of the bat as Jessica Moore connected on her team-leading 11th home run of the year with a solo homer to center field.

Dawn Jeffs followed with an infield single and later in the inning tied the game as she recorded her sixth stolen base of the year, while Christina Brock’s attempted throw sailed past both middle infielders and Cooper in center field to allow Jeffs to score and knot the game at 2-2.

The score remained the same until the fifth inning as Jeffs drove in pinch runner Rachel Love with a single to left field. Two batters later, Ashley Williams upped her team leading RBI total with a two-RBI double to the gap in right center field to plate Courtney Johnson and Moore to give Liberty its final two runs of the game.

Terra Lowe picked up the victory in the game as she allowed two runs on four hits, while fanning five batters in her sixth complete game of the year. Anderson suffered the loss as she allowed five runs on six hits in six innings of work.

Offensively, the Lady Flames were paced by Jeffs as the starting second baseman was 2-for-4 with a run scored and a RBI, while Williams was 1-for-3 with the two RBI double.

In the second game, Liberty wasted little time getting on the scoreboard as the Lady Flames plated two runs in the first inning as Moore, who reached on a fielding error, scored on a wild pitch by Adia Dial, while Dawn Jeffs crossed the plate on a suicide squeeze bunt by Beth Hensley to give Liberty a 2-0 edge.

Liberty added three more runs in the second inning as Johnson and Jessica Leary were issued back-to-back walks, while Moore cleared the bases with a three-run opposite field homer to right field to up Liberty’s lead to 5-0.

North Carolina A&T broke up the shutout bid in the third inning with a two-out rally as leadoff hitter Chaola Simmons slapped a base hit through the left side of the infield and two batters later scored on a RBI base hit back up the middle by Dial to trim the lead to 5-1.

However, the Lady Flames put the game out of reach in the bottom of the fourth inning as Liberty batted around the order, scoring 10 runs on six hits.

The first eight batters of the inning successfully reached base and scored, while the scoring outburst was highlighted by a two RBI base hit by Hensley, a RBI double by Shannon McKain and a two-run homer to right center field by Moore to cap off the game.

Sarah Ellis upped her record to 7-0 on the year as the rookie scattered three hits in five innings of work, while striking out three batters in her fifth complete game of the year. Dial suffered the loss as she was roughed up for 15 runs on 13 hits, while issuing six walks in four innings of work.

All but two of Liberty’s starters recorded hits in the game with Moore leading the way with her third multiple home run game of the year and the ninth of her Liberty career as the junior was 2-for-3 with four runs scored, five RBI and two round trippers. Jeffs followed as she was 3-for-4 from the game, while Hensley drove in a season-high three RBI.

The Lady Flames will continue their five-game homestand on Monday when they host Bethune-Cookman in a non-conference doubleheader. First pitch of the first game is set for 2 p.m. at the Liberty Softball Field.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
doesn't matter who it is: outscoring your opponent 20-3 is impressive. Not Tennessee impressive, maybe- but impressive enough.
G5 Playoff Only

I’m still loving a Relegation Model

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?