The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Williams Named Big South Softball Player Of The Week
March 13, 2006 · Lynchburg, Va.

Liberty University softball player Ashley Williams has been named this week’s Big South Choice Hotels Softball Player of the Week as announced by the league office today.

The conference office honored Williams’ efforts over the last two weeks as the Big South did not announce any weekly awards last week due to other conference championships with Williams (So., C, Lilburn, Ga.) batting .426 from the plate over the two week span. She hit safely in 12 out of 13 games during the last two weeks, while the sophomore added three doubles, five homes runs, 11 runs scored and 20 RBI over the time period.

Highlighting the two last weeks was a 2-for-4 game against Fairfield at the 49er Classic when she finished the game with a double, a home run and a career-best five RBI, while she was a combined 3-for-6 with two home runs and six RBI to help the Lady Flames to a doubleheader sweep over Gardner-Webb.

On the season, Williams ranks third on the team with a .394 batting average, while leading the Lady Flames with 26 RBI. She is tied for the team lead with six home runs and ranks second on the team with five doubles and a .742 slugging percentage.

This marks the second time this season that Liberty has had a player honored as Sarah Swor was named the Big South Pitcher of the Week February 28th after leading Liberty to tournament championship at the season-opening Seahawk Classic.

Williams and the Lady Flames return to action tomorrow when they open Big South Conference play against league associate member Texas A&M Corpus Christi. The doubleheader will be played on the campus of Coastal Carolina at CCU Softball Field and the first pitch of the afternoon is scheduled for 2 p.m.
By anonymous79
i have a picture of her
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
please dont tease us.....is it on facebook???????????

As you can see with my thread on Julie we enjoy pic's....by all means post it
LU Campus Construction Thread

I believe Reber Thomas building is now the LU Po[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Going to play for old HCHF OL coach Klenakis and J[…]

Virginia Tech

The football team and basketball teams would like […]

Volleyball Coach

Good. He needs to resign. He had great players i[…]