The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty plays probably their toughest 3 game non conference series in history, this weekend. LSU has RPI of 3.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 4-0, pitched good enough to win, but as was the case in most of our losses this season, we didn't hit . I think we had 5 hits, but couldn't get that big. RBI hit. LSU scored 2 in 5th and 2 in 6th.
ECC29, thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose 9-4. With score 8-4 in Top of 6th we left bases loaded on a called 3rd strike. We had 4 hits, homers by Fortner and McManus, and 2 hits by Barrett, including a 2 run double.
According to someone at the game, plate umpire was terrible. We issued 10 walks.

For tomorrow's game, I'd like to see a major shakeup of the line-up, at 3 positions.
thesportscritic, ECC29 liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 4th, 2024, 9:37 pm We lose 9-4. With score 8-4 in Top of 6th we left bases loaded on a called 3rd strike. We had 4 hits, homers by Fortner and McManus, and 2 hits by Barrett, including a 2 run double.
According to someone at the game, plate umpire was terrible. We issued 10 walks.

For tomorrow's game, I'd like to see a major shakeup of the line-up, at 3 positions.
Yoder has been wild all year (leads team by wide margin in HBP, WP, BB, and HRs). Saw some video of her throwing over catcher's head on a few occasions.

Getting nothing from C (offense or defense - @20 passed balls), nothing from the 2nd base (offense) and certainly nothing from 3rd base (offense or defense). I'm sure that's the 3 your referring to. If Dot had 3 better players on the bench they would have been in there 25 games ago.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
We better not need it. That win should be about improving seeding.
Cider Jim liked this
By ECC29
What are you guys worried about? The team will win CUSA tournament. It’s the tournament after that I am concern. Playing against ranked team. Last time I checked, LU is ranked low in team hitting in the conference. This is where they come short against ranked team. They do not have enough hitting to upset a high rank team.
thesportscritic liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Whether we win the conference or get an at-large bid (hopefully we'll just win the CUSA tournament and not be sweating it out on Selection Whatever-day), historically we've always been sent to the toughest region based on average RPI. We've proven we can win 1 game against a highly ranked team, its a question of WHEN we will win 2 and finally get over the hump into the superregionals.
ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We won 2 last season at UCLA, should have won a 3rd, but ran ourselves out of a big inning, against SD State.
Athens Regional

Roupe is a treat to watch. What a competitor. Grea[…]

This year's men’s basketball?

Looks like both Jaylen Davis and Ben Southerland a[…]

2025 Recruiting Discussion

Now that we have the current roster finalized, by […]

Future Schedules.... Again

Did Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Qatar join the […]