The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames head to Murfreesboro to play against the MTSU Blue Raiders. After getting a 1 - 0 win against UVA, a sweep of MTSU would help protect our RPI.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2024, 6:52 pm We can't afford another loss. I hope to see a couple run rule wins this weekend.
We have a 2 game lead, and you are saying we need to go undefeated the rest of the season?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: April 11th, 2024, 6:55 am
ballcoach15 wrote: April 10th, 2024, 6:52 pm We can't afford another loss. I hope to see a couple run rule wins this weekend.
We have a 2 game lead, and you are saying we need to go undefeated the rest of the season?
Need to build RPI, in case we slip up in CUSA tournament, and need to rely on at-large bid to get into NCAA tournament. MTSU has a RPI of 217, thus even if we sweep, we'll probably drop a couple places, but a loss will hurt.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I think we'll still move up a spot or two in the RPI if we sweep, following the win at Virginia. A loss to MTSU will drop us though.
Baybird liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 10:34 pm Should have had a shut out.
You only win or lose by one run. The rest are just for pride.

We won. Be happy.
ATrain, flamehunter liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 10:32 pm Good win today. Yoder continues to be impressive.
Best FR pitcher since the "other" Julia DiMartino (not the national champion disc golfer)?
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 7:39 am

We won. Be happy.
I make fun of ballcoach on here often but this time I agree with him. It should've been a shutout. One defensive gaff was the difference.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote: April 13th, 2024, 10:17 am
JK37 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 7:39 am

We won. Be happy.
I make fun of ballcoach on here often but this time I agree with him. It should've been a shutout. One defensive gaff was the difference.
So, we made an error? Well, that settles it. Totally unacceptable. :roll:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty wins 5-1. Fortner and Barrett had home runs. McManus 2 run double. Escobar 7 innings, 2 hits, 10 strikeouts.
We had a lot of bad at bats, despite scoring 5 runs. Should have had more. Hitters were once again too passive. Bad approach at the plate.
thesportscritic, ECC29 liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote: April 13th, 2024, 6:04 pm Another fair whether fan. 🙄
I don't think that means what you think it means. He's been a fan for decades through thick and thin.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: April 13th, 2024, 7:27 pm
thesportscritic wrote: April 13th, 2024, 6:04 pm Another fair whether fan. 🙄
I don't think that means what you think it means. He's been a fan for decades through thick and thin.
Fairly certain it was a joke
By ECC29
ballcoach15 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 7:18 pm Liberty wins 5-1. Fortner and Barrett had home runs. McManus 2 run double. Escobar 7 innings, 2 hits, 10 strikeouts.
We had a lot of bad at bats, despite scoring 5 runs. Should have had more. Hitters were once again too passive. Bad approach at the plate.
I strongly believe that LU can win CUSA this year. However, come Regional, if they do not get consistent with their hitting, it will be lights out. Playing against ranked teams are whole lot different. Those ranked teams can hit and they will score runs against LU pitchers. LU hitters need to score runs against better pitchers.
TH Spangler, ATrain, Baybird liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Extra innings today, but Liberty gets the sweep.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: April 14th, 2024, 10:25 am
ballcoach15 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 7:18 pm Liberty wins 5-1. Fortner and Barrett had home runs. McManus 2 run double. Escobar 7 innings, 2 hits, 10 strikeouts.
I strongly believe that LU can win CUSA this year. However, come Regional, if they do not get consistent with their hitting, it will be lights out. Playing against ranked teams are whole lot different. Those ranked teams can hit and they will score runs against LU pitchers. LU hitters need to score runs against better pitchers.
I don't necessarily disagree, but fortunately we'll be #2 or #3 in a regional, and will likely avoid facing a top-16 team in our opening game at regionals, assuming we get there by winning CUSA or doing something to secure an at large.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Some observations: hitting all year has been a concern. At this point, it is what it is. The Bishops, Canetto, Hudson, aren't coming back. Losing Hudson was a body blow. Her offense, and her defense (we lead the CUSA in PBs and WPs) has not been replaced by our catchers, or anyone else for that matter. She leads #5 Ok State in BA, HRs, and RBIs. Probably will be an all-american.
The 2 players who are counted on the most to produce offense, Roupe and Fortner, are each batting .241 in conference play :(
I think our BA and OB% are at or near the button in the league. Just hope our pitching holds up. Escobar is back and pitching pretty well. Hopefully, we can get 2 of 3 from NMSU who are very similar to WKU in terms of offense.
flamehunter, Dalegarz1 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Our approach at the plate is not good. Most of our hitters look lost. Bad half swings, taking hittable pitches for strikes, too many weak pop-ups. Need to be more aggressive.
We were so bad today, I headed home in 8th inning. Couldn't watch anymore.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 14th, 2024, 11:59 pm Our approach at the plate is not good. Most of our hitters look lost. Bad half swings, taking hittable pitches for strikes, too many weak pop-ups. Need to be more aggressive.
We were so bad today, I headed home in 8th inning. Couldn't watch anymore.
Let me get this straight. You drive 7 hours to watch the team play a 3 game series. They win games 1 and 2 with relative ease, and are in extra innings of game 3 with a sweep on the line. You then decide to leave before the outcome is decided, stating that you "couldn't watch any more" because the team's "approach at the plate" does not meet your expectations?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: April 14th, 2024, 8:10 pm Some observations: hitting all year has been a concern. At this point, it is what it is. The Bishops, Canetto, Hudson, aren't coming back. Losing Hudson was a body blow. Her offense, and her defense (we lead the CUSA in PBs and WPs) has not been replaced by our catchers, or anyone else for that matter. She leads #5 Ok State in BA, HRs, and RBIs. Probably will be an all-american.
The 2 players who are counted on the most to produce offense, Roupe and Fortner, are each batting .241 in conference play :(
I think our BA and OB% are at or near the button in the league. Just hope our pitching holds up. Escobar is back and pitching pretty well. Hopefully, we can get 2 of 3 from NMSU who are very similar to WKU in terms of offense.
Regarding Caroline Hudson. We were blessed to have her at Liberty for 3 years. She earned her undergraduate degree and saw an opportunity to play for a national championship contender. We are not a national championship contender. She is having an amazing Senior year individually for a top 5 team. We should all be happy for her and grateful that we have a softball program and coach that was able to recognize her talent, convince her to come to Liberty and help her become a great college player.
TH Spangler, Sly Fox, ATrain and 2 others liked this
Virginia Tech

The football team and basketball teams would like […]

Volleyball Coach

Good. He needs to resign. He had great players i[…]

Yeah, this is a poach job. Tough loss, but if thi[…]

NMSU

Any info about the new incoming players to the pro[…]