The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
WKY wins 1-0. LU had only 3 base runners entire game, all in 6th inning. We had 2 walks and a bunt single. No adjustments at the plate. We need to move up in batters box when facing these CUSA pitchers. Wednesday we had 12 hits off Virginia Tech pitching. Today only a bunt single. That doesn't make sense. Yoder allowed only 2 hits. with 7 strikeouts. Pitched good enough to win, if we could have hit.
thesportscritic liked this
By ECC29
It is getting really ridiculous that they hit this bad. Yes, they did well against VT but they are consistently terrible. These girls are athletic and have skills. They should be capable. Coach Dot needs to find a new hitting coach. I truly believe the hitting philosophy passed down to these players is very wrong.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty bats finally come to life in a 9-1 win. (5 innings), Haley Deter hit a 3 run homer over center field fence in 3rd inning, Liberty then added 6 more runs in 4th inning, for their biggest inning of the year. Madrey and Barrett had 2 hits each. Roupe had a 2 run double. We had I believe, 3 bunt singles and a squeeze bunt by Byrum. Escobar got the win with 2 innings of scoreless relief. Love started and went 2 innings. Bachman pitched the 5th inning, 0 hits and 1 strikeout.

I believe WKY brought more fans to LU softball stadium than any out of state visiting team, ever. Maybe more than some in state teams.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
So the bats came alive by way of…..bunting? :dontgetit
Last edited by JK37 on April 8th, 2024, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty overcame a 4-0 WKY lead, and won final game of series 7-5. Wilson had a 2 run double, and Kersten and Fortner 2 run homers. Escobar was winning pitcher in relief of Yoder. Love got final 2 outs with 2 runners on base in 7th inning for the save.
The win gives Liberty a 2 game lead in CUSA standings.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Be nice, guys. Not all of us can be hitting mechanics and aviation experts. 8)
flamehunter, ATrain liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ECC29, there are some posters on here who probably don't know a softball is round. They always post some _______ comment that has nothing to do with college softball. But I forgive them, they're probably too busy drooling over Liberty playing JMU in football in 2032. It would be nice if they'd watch some softball.
ECC29 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 5:46 pm Be nice, guys. Not all of us can be hitting mechanics and aviation experts. 8)
Solid.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

If ACC is left with 3 or 4 or completely dismantle[…]

When I finished reading the AI response, I felt l[…]

Volleyball Coach

I saw a Twitter Post yesterday, calling for a new […]

LU Campus Construction Thread

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2024/04/26/liberty-un[…]