The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The Boo Hoos come to town for a 6:00 p.m. game today. We need this one to help our RPI. Virginia is currently ranked ahead of Liberty in RPI standings. Boo hoos took 2 of 3 from Clemson this past weekend in Charlottesville. Hopefully we will not make repeated mistakes we made at Sam Houston Sunday.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Hoos--Mr. Jefferson's University. :clapping And my 4th alma mater. Study
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope the Boo hoo fans don't out number Liberty fans. That will be embarrassing
By ECC29
Ballciach15, why don’t you yell and remind the hitters to stay connected with their back hip. Craine did a good job with her swing. Even though she got jammed a bit but she remained compact and got a good hit.
thesportscritic liked this
By ECC29
It’s absolutely pathetic with the LU hitting. They stranded full bases three times this game and could not score on all three. The crazy thing about it is that VA pitcher was always behind in her count against the LU hitters, and yet she comes back and beats the LU hitters every time. I am looking at those LU hitters, they have no clue what they are doing. As a hitter, you need to have a plan when you step in the box. They are guessing and letting good pitches go by. What is the hitting coach telling these players?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Pitching was good enough to win tonight. Escobar and Yoder both pitched well. As ecc29 said, other hitting was pathetic. Left bases loaded 3 times, went 2-12 with runners in scoring position.
Whatever the hitting coach is telling the hitters, it's not working. We need more bat speed and drive the ball. Most every out is a weak ball to opposite field. I noticed several swings tonight, nothing but arms .
By ECC29
Yes, pitching was great between the 2 pitchers and very promising in the future. As far as hitting, you can generate bat speed ands timing with “Arm Swingers”. They need to use their “trunk” of their body to swing. Rotate the hips and shoulders coordinate with the hands. Just watch footages of Ken Griffey jr, Ted Williams, Bryce Harper, Ohtani. The way they swing. Even the Oklahoma All American, J. Alo from last year. Watch Highlights of her swing. She is very coordinated and COMPACT with her body.
By ECC29
sorry, I meant you cannot generate bat speed with Arm Swingers only
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty travels north to play the Boo Hoos Tuesday. Game has been moved to 7:00 p.m. to be shown on ACC Network.
We need to win this game for RPI purposes. Not to mention it be embrassing to lose 2 straight to boo hoos.

( I will not be making the trip)
ATrain, thesportscritic liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU throws a shutout and wins 1-0.
By ECC29
Awesome. At least pitching is their greatest strength right now and it’s keeping them a contender right now.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Going into season most everyone I talked with was highly concerned about our pitching, but confident we'd score a lot of runs. The opposite has happened. :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I watched some of this game at a restaurant in VA Beach. It was funny listening to dudes cussing at LU players for base running and fielding mistakes. It made me think LU Athletics is finally being accepted :D
ATrain liked this
By ECC29
ballcoach15 wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:38 pm Going into season most everyone I talked with was highly concerned about our pitching, but confident we'd score a lot of runs. The opposite has happened. :dontgetit
The pitching was a struggle until a couple of freshman pitchers came out successful so far. Generally, you do not count on freshmen to do this well early in their career. Bachman has not lived up to her capabilities. Most of the hitters are not swinging the way they did last year, especially, Craine and Wilson.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Players are getting on base, we're just not pushing them across the plate like we need to be.
ballcoach15 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]