The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The CUSA regular season champion will probably
be decided this weekend, when LaTech comes to Lynchburg. Both teams are tied for 1st place with 7-2 records.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 strikeouts. Only hit was a first inning bunt, that 2B didn't cover 1B.
Fortner had 2 hits, rest of team combined for 3 hits.
ECC29 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We are halfway through the season, yet we are still having trouble hitting "average" & below average pitchers. I believe we are ranked 190th in the country in batting average. Only 1 player over .300. It's painful to watch some innings, when we are batting.
thesportscritic liked this
By ECC29
I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player there that is batting .400 that my brother is her hitting coach. They have several players there that are over .300 and are high .300 batting average. JMU players hitting approach is so much different from LU. They have little hesitation and attack the ball at. LU hitter’s confidence are a bit down and they tend to hesitate with their swings at times.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 3 LaTech 0, Katie Love 3 hitter with 6 strikeouts. Reagan Barrett had 2 hits. MC Wilson had a triple.
Hopefully we'll bring a killer instinct tomorrow and get the sweep.
ECC29, thesportscritic liked this
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Saw some good swings but offense is still not clicking. Katie pitched really well.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty sweeps series. Yoder pitches 2 hitter, with 8 strikeouts. Madrey had 2 hits and a SAC fly. Kersten had a double, Craine had a RBI single.
But overall our hitting remains pathetic. :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We can't hit off speed, fast ball, curve ball. drop ball or rise ball. We did hit 3 or 4 "shots" today, but they were straight at outfielders. A strong wind was blowing out to center and right, yet we only hit 1 ball within 20 feet of fence. (Kersten's double), if my memory is correct.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote: March 30th, 2024, 3:08 pm This team can't hit an off speed at all. Pitching came through though.
JK37, Ill flame liked this
By ECC29
ballcoach15 wrote: March 30th, 2024, 4:56 pm We can't hit off speed, fast ball, curve ball. drop ball or rise ball. We did hit 3 or 4 "shots" today, but they were straight at outfielders. A strong wind was blowing out to center and right, yet we only hit 1 ball within 20 feet of fence. (Kersten's double), if my memory is correct.
that is the result of “Arm Swingers”. They cannot drive the ball out. But, they are capable. They have poor hitting mechanics.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]