The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty heads west this weekend, on a good RPI building trip. We play Tulsa, Oklahoma (2) and Louisiana (2), starting Friday.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, will you be DRIVING there?
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Oklahoma beat Miami Ohio 9-7 on 2 run walk-off HR. Miami hit 5 HRs and leads the nation in team HRs (39). Ok has 26.

Our turn now :shock:
By ECC29
Easy my friend. I know it’s frustrating. Bachman is probably the most experienced pitchers they got but she is not showing it.
JK37 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 12:31 am I think she's just "throwing ", not "pitching ". There is a difference. Needs to throw change up more. (for strikes)
I thought same thing about changeup. But I don’t think she has any faith in her offspeed against the hammers.
By Dalegarz1
I agree that a changeup can be a very effective pitch if thrown for strikes. However, what gave me the most trouble as a hitter was facing a pitcher with 3 different speeds. That middle speed, usually a breaking ball, between the hard stuff and a changeup is very difficult to adjust to and usually leads to weak ground balls or popups. In my experience as a softball coach, there were too many pitchers who had pitching coaches who did not teach them the art of keeping a batter off balance. When Greg Maddox was asked by a reporter if he tried to throw harder on days he was struggling he replied-“just the opposite, I tried to throw slower”.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Former LU pitcher now at Oklahoma was the losing pitcher today vs Louisiana.
Liberty's 2 freshmen pitchers (Love and Yoder) held Louisiana to 1 run. Love went 5 innings. Yoder came in with bases loaded in 6th, with no outs, and got a double play and strikeout to end the threat.
thesportscritic, flamehunter, Baybird and 1 others liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]