The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thesportscritic wrote: February 16th, 2024, 2:18 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 16th, 2024, 1:42 pm
JK37 wrote: February 16th, 2024, 12:40 am

Pardon me, but when are pitching and hitting not huge factorS in softball?
That some Harry Doyle level analysis right there!
Personally I think the biggest factor this season will be scoring more runs than the opponent. I know it’s a bold strategy Cotton but let’s see how it plays out
Putting the bat on the ball would certainly help.
Most of our pitchers have been doing pretty well at that so far this year.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: February 16th, 2024, 2:24 pm
thesportscritic wrote: February 16th, 2024, 2:18 pm
Purple Haize wrote: February 16th, 2024, 1:42 pm

That some Harry Doyle level analysis right there!
Personally I think the biggest factor this season will be scoring more runs than the opponent. I know it’s a bold strategy Cotton but let’s see how it plays out
Putting the bat on the ball would certainly help.
Most of our pitchers have been doing pretty well at that so far this year.
I'm talking about the team hitting the ball 😡🙄
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We lose to Illinois 5-1. One of worst games I've witnessed. We were 1-8 with runners in scoring position, hit into 2 double plays, and looked at 3 called 3rd strikes. Not aggressive at the plate.Made several mental errors on defense.
Hopefully we can bounce back against Iowa
By ECC29
I don’t known what the coaches are telling these players. I’ve been there before struggling to hit. I learned that when you struggle, let the bat go and swing anything close. If these players are looking for a perfect pitch that will never come, then they are in trouble. Those pitches are probably hitting the corners, not the pitch they want, next they know they are behind the count. With 2 strikes, more pressure on the hitter. Let the bats go. Just my thought.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good posts ECC29 and Ill Flame. We seem to take hittable pitches for strikes early in the count, getting behind, thus giving pitcher an advantage.
As for baserunning, we "run into too many outs", especially at 3B.
We were 2-19 with runners in scoring position yesterday. :dontgetit
By FlamesfanNRV1
Haven’t had a chance to watch much this past week, but what are some positives after the first 2 weekends of competition? I see a lot of negatives mentioned, but there has to be some bright spots. If I remember correctly the Flames didn’t have a win at this point last season, and they righted the ship to have a great season with some great wins. Who/What do the coaches have to be optimistic about at this point going forward?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Pitching has been good enough to win. Just need to avoid that seemingly 1 bad inning each game. Biggest problem is runners LOB. 2-19 with runners in scoring position is pitiful. Just a couple more hits, and we could have beaten Illinois and Iowa Friday.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]