The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In the CUSA pre season polls released yesterday, Liberty was picked to finish in first place, followed by Western Kentucky. Paige Bachman was selected as Pitcher of the Year, Rachel Roupe was Player of the Year. All conference team has Rachel Craine at 3rd base and Elena Escobar pitcher.
flamehunter liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: January 28th, 2024, 10:02 pm Any transfer player to look out? Did Coach Dot able to get top player from the transfer portal?
Don’t drink and post!
ATrain liked this
By Baybird
ballcoach15 wrote: January 26th, 2024, 2:25 pm In the CUSA pre season polls released yesterday, Liberty was picked to finish in first place, followed by Western Kentucky. Paige Bachman was selected as Pitcher of the Year, Rachel Roupe was Player of the Year. All conference team has Rachel Craine at 3rd base and Elena Escobar pitcher.
We have been given much love by CUSA voters in Pre-Season Polls and so far only Football has exceeded expectations and Women's soccer has met the expectation. While we were consistently in the top 2 in the Sports Cups of Big South and ASUN conferences, we are not as dominant in the CUSA. We are still top tier, but nowhere near the top dog across the board in our new league.

Just an observation.

Sport (Preseason Prediction) Actual Finish Regular Season, postseason

Soccer ( 1st ) 2nd, won tournament
Volleyball (3rd) 5th, out in first round
Men's Cross Country (1st) 2nd
Women's Cross Country(2nd) 2nd
Football (2nd) 1st, won championship game

WBB (2nd) presently tied for 4th
MBB (1st) presently tied for last place (6th)
*MITrack
*WITrack

Softball (1st)
*Men's Tennis
*Women's Tennis
*Golf (in their current tournament they are in 11th with 5 ASUN teams are in front of them after 2 rounds)
Baseball (last year announced in the middle of February)
*WOTrack
*MOTrack

*No preseason polls for these teams
BigBlue17 liked this
By Dalegarz1
As always, I enjoyed the interview with DR. If ever there was a “glass half full” person, she is it! I hope her optimism transfers to the players and gives us a year to remember!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Oregon, Clemson nor Missouri went well. Pitchers not throwing strikes, hitters not hitting, other than Roupe. She is 9 for 11, with 2 HR. A shake-up of line-up is needed. :dontgetit
By ECC29
Like in the baseball side, the pitching better hold or else it’s going to be a long season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The pitching didn't bother me as much as our lack of hitting did. Take away Roupe's 10-14 (.714 BA), the team hit .141. We had a lot of feeble swings, and were not as aggressive at the plate, as we should be. As Ted Williams once said, hitting is 85% from the neck up.
By ECC29
I agree with you. Hitting do need to get going. They have to mentally rise up. Swing the freaking bats. It’s always yes, yes, yes, then change your mind the last second after recognizing the pitch. It sounds like they are not committed to their swing because they are unsure about swinging.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lost to UCF 7-5 last night, Bats finally showed some life, we out hit UCF, but walks, wild pitches, and 2 errors did us in. Yoder looked good in relief again, 4 Ks in 1.2 innings. We play Coastal Carolina at 4:30 today.
By ECC29
Pitching and hitting will be the huge factor this season. I really believe pitching needs to be better. Hitting comes and go but pitching and defense needs to be top notch to stay in the game.
thesportscritic liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty 2 Coastal Carolina 1, pitching was good yesterday. Escobar 6.2 innings, 7 k. Allowed 2 hits in 7th with 2 out. Yoder gets the save. Coastal had runner thrown out stealing 3rd.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ECC29 wrote: February 16th, 2024, 8:56 am When did I say it’s not?
It could be inferred by your need to state they are, that there are some times when they are not.

Otherwise, you were stating the obvious. Which is fine! I just didn’t understand that was what you were doing.

Carry on!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: February 16th, 2024, 12:40 am
ECC29 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 4:35 pm Pitching and hitting will be the huge factor this season.
Pardon me, but when are pitching and hitting not huge factorS in softball?
That some Harry Doyle level analysis right there!
Personally I think the biggest factor this season will be scoring more runs than the opponent. I know it’s a bold strategy Cotton but let’s see how it plays out
thesportscritic liked this
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: February 16th, 2024, 1:42 pm
JK37 wrote: February 16th, 2024, 12:40 am
ECC29 wrote: February 15th, 2024, 4:35 pm Pitching and hitting will be the huge factor this season.
Pardon me, but when are pitching and hitting not huge factorS in softball?
That some Harry Doyle level analysis right there!
Personally I think the biggest factor this season will be scoring more runs than the opponent. I know it’s a bold strategy Cotton but let’s see how it plays out
Putting the bat on the ball would certainly help.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hoc[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]