The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By DStewart
Keeney recently made a post thanking the team, staff, and university for her time there. Plus, after transferring to OSU, Caroline was quoted with this:

"OSU competes at the highest level," Hudson said of why she chose Oklahoma State. "I love how it's a small town feel and everyone gets behind softball. My mom and I were in Stillwater for the Super Regional vs. Oregon this year and loved it."

Kind of hard reading that but she's not wrong.

By the way, I sincerely wish them the best and completely respect their decision to depart. It is what it is in this portal era.

So without the ace, the HR leader/catcher, AND the leadoff hitter/shortstop, what do you expect from the team in the short term?

I guess it's hard to say without knowing what the portal might bring and not yet knowing the starting roster but these changes feel a bit deflating after the progress that was made this past season.

Still, I have confidence in Dot, the Fagans, their pedigree, the awesome facilities, etc. And that there's burgeoning talent nationwide. Who wouldn't love to be a fly on the wall in their coaches meetings?!
Baybird liked this
We lost Howard, Hudson and Keeney, but with our returning players, 2 transfer pitchers, and the incoming freshmen, I think we can be better than we were in 2023 season. We'll have more depth in pitching staff, which hopefully will pay off come tournament time.
Baybird, DStewart liked this
Escobar was the 2nd best pitcher on North Alabama and Oubre was 6th on the 9th ranked Louisiana pitching depth chart and only pitched 3+ innings in 2 years. It seems Louisiana got a transfer pitcher from Florida to add to their stable of excellent pitchers. One can only hope we have a diamond in the rough with one of them.
ballcoach15, DStewart liked this
Savannah Jessie is the only catcher listed in the current roster, and none of the 6 recruits coming this year are catchers. I wonder if any of the recruits or current players had experience catching in HS?! There is time to develop a backup.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Escobar - 2nd best pitcher on North Alabama
Oubre - 5th on the depth chart at Louisiana and I think pitched 3+ innings all year
Deter - This is her 3rd year here. Has yet to throw a pitch
Bachman - Pitched well, at times, mostly against the inferior teams (Keeney started against P5 teams)
Yoder - Decent HS career.
Love - LIberty Online Academy (homeschooled). Wasn't part of the announced recruiting class.

Ergo, my TBD.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 7:19 pm Escobar - 2nd best pitcher on North Alabama
Oubre - 5th on the depth chart at Louisiana and I think pitched 3+ innings all year
Deter - This is her 3rd year here. Has yet to throw a pitch
Bachman - Pitched well, at times, mostly against the inferior teams (Keeney started against P5 teams)
Yoder - Decent HS career.
Love - LIberty Online Academy (homeschooled). Wasn't part of the announced recruiting class.

Ergo, my TBD.
Kaylan Yoder - https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/wi ... oder/39707
ballcoach15 liked this
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]