The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
I thought a separate thread was in order to take a final peek in the rear view mirror and also to gaze through the front, windshield. Please bring your thoughts here!

Given that the Sooners just won their 3rd National Championship in a row and have a win streak of 53 games, our 1-0 loss in extra innings at the outset of the season , at least on paper, shows we’re not far off the National radar.

NEED HELP IN YHE CIRCLE!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: June 9th, 2023, 9:46 am Given that the Sooners just won their 3rd National Championship in a row and have a win streak of 53 games, our 1-0 loss in extra innings at the outset of the season , at least on paper, shows we’re not far off the National radar.
Ballcoach, our resident softball guru, has been saying that all year: no one in America played Oklahoma as close as we did in our first game of the season. We shut them out for 7 innings and lost on a walk-off in extra innings! :oldhag Crybaby
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Help in the circle is the obvious need. But losing Caroline has a huge impact on our production.

The good news is that the UCLA victory and OU battle means something to recuits debating on whether they need to "sacrifice" by going to Liberty. Coach Dot will be working the portal hard.
flamehunter liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. All top 25 teams have 2 "aces" who throw strikes, and top 15 have 3 who throw 68-73 mph. We will have 0 next Spring . . . . and we will be without the 2-time conference player of the year. Had Keeney and Hudson remained and we added another ace, this team had superregional potential. Hopefully, Dot has something up her sleeves after losing top pitcher and top hitter at the same time.

I know we have a decent pitcher coming next year, but I think I saw somewhere she is 5'2" tall (Yoder).
By Baybird
Sly Fox wrote: June 11th, 2023, 10:37 am Help in the circle is the obvious need. But losing Caroline has a huge impact on our production.

The good news is that the UCLA victory and OU battle means something to recuits debating on whether they need to "sacrifice" by going to Liberty. Coach Dot will be working the portal hard.
It makes sense that a high level Christian athlete would be drawn to LU, but then you see this...
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Most elite athletes, Christian or not, want an opportunity to compete for a national championship in any sport. If we can get to a point of stringing together super regionals, then maybe we get some of those elite Christian athletes but probably not till then.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is ranked 25th in Final D1 softball poll.

A pitcher who's in transfer portal, is coming for a "visit" to campus. I hope we sign her. (70-72 on radar gun), plus another good pitcher in portal, wants to come to Liberty.
If we get these 2, along with Kaylan Yoder, and with improvement from Bachman, we'll be in decent shape in the circle.
With a healthy Savannah Jesse, catcher position will have no worries.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on June 12th, 2023, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chippy, flamehunter, Baybird liked this
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: June 11th, 2023, 1:52 pm Agreed. All top 25 teams have 2 "aces" who throw strikes, and top 15 have 3 who throw 68-73 mph. We will have 0 next Spring . . . . and we will be without the 2-time conference player of the year. Had Keeney and Hudson remained and we added another ace, this team had superregional potential. Hopefully, Dot has something up her sleeves after losing top pitcher and top hitter at the same time.

I know we have a decent pitcher coming next year, but I think I saw somewhere she is 5'2" tall (Yoder).
Whether she's 5'2" or not Kaylan Yoder was Delaware Gatorade POY with a 16-4 record, 0.64 ERA and 316 Ks in 132 innings. Let's get 2 more from the portal and remain a mainstay in the top 25.
ballcoach15, Dalegarz1, flamehunter and 2 others liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I don’t know if this is the pitcher ballcoach was referring to but according to the portal, we got a commitment from UNA pitcher Elena Escobar. 11-5 with 1.90 era.
By Dalegarz1
The video featuring the OU softball players ranks as one of the most inspiring sports testimonies I have ever seen. I love the number of views it has gotten and I sent it to many people who were very encouraged by both the content and delivery of their faith stories. In one sense, it may open some eyes that it didn't come from the LU "dugout" but from the 3 time reigning national champions.
flamehunter, Baybird, ballcoach15 and 1 others liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Grace Lyons on her softball career. After I watched it I had to double check that it was not posted by a Christian site. Nope, it was from NCAA Softballs page. It's so encouraging to see such a remarkable young lady use her platform like this.

Dalegarz1, ballcoach15 liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: June 12th, 2023, 11:51 pm I don’t know if this is the pitcher ballcoach was referring to but according to the portal, we got a commitment from UNA pitcher Elena Escobar. 11-5 with 1.90 era.
That's one of them, but not the one who throws 72.
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]