The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
The Aztecs record is similar to ours (35-15). They have a signature win over Notre Dame and a 1 run loss to UCLA - sounds familiar. They have 5 hitters over 300 and one player (Mac Barbara) with 13 homers. Pitching has been split between 2 ladies whose records are almost identical but looking at the stats their approach seems different. One of them seems like a control pitcher with a relatively low strikeout to innings pitched ratio. The second one has a high ratio but averages 3.5 walks per game.

This is a winnable game IF we bring our “A” game both offensively and defensively.
ballcoach15, Baybird liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote: May 18th, 2023, 6:05 am This is a winnable game IF we bring our “A” game both offensively and defensively.
Too bad that Ballcoach won't be there to coach them up! :oldhag :fineprint :clapping
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In the opening game, Grand Canyon beat UCLA, 3-2. :shock:
By DStewart
Seems they're battling themselves again and credit to them...the Aztecs ace was on her game and it looked as if their team had a palpable edge in confidence.
JK37 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I know you are critical by default, by I am so glad you last post in this thread was woefully wrong. :lol:

Let's ride that amazing Saturday into a Championship against SDSU today!
ballcoach15, Cider Jim liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Going to be tough. SDSU hasn’t allowed a run yet

But they never faced UCLA.

I’m glad we get another shot at them. We looked jet-lagged that first night. Totally different team last night. Let’s GO!
ballcoach15 liked this
By Ill flame
I understand throwing underhand is much less taxing on the arm but is it reasonable to expect 4 complete games in 2 days? That sounds insane to me.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: May 21st, 2023, 12:46 pm Does Keeney have 2 more complete games in her? Our lack of pitching depth is our greatest weakness, IMHO.
Everyone says she's our "workhorse" - that's putting it mildly. Most, if not all, teams in the tournament have 2-3 quality pitchers. If we can add a couple stud pitchers next year and the entire team coming back, except Howard, we could have quite a season.

This year counting on Bachman, who pitched 1 2/3 innings last year. Estroff who was never an elite pitcher at FGCU, and then trying to convert Deter into a left-handed pitcher (never threw one pitch all year), put it all one Keeney. She has my utmost respect and praise. Thank you Lord for giving her a heart for you and a bionic arm.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU scores 2 runs in the first inning, and Keeney is throwing a shutout so far!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This game was more than likely lost in the first inning. Our first 5 hitters had base hits, but we only scored 2 runs. Had 2 runners thrown out and 1 picked off 2nd. We could have blown game open with a big inning.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:08 pm This game was more than likely lost in the first inning. Our first 5 hitters had base hits, but we only scored 2 runs. Had 2 runners thrown out and 1 picked off 2nd. We could have blown game open with a big inning.
Says the softball guru who was reportedly riding his bike during the big game! :roll:

In other news, KH has called it again: he's on the bandwagon of SDSU to win the National Championship over Oklahoma. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 8:54 am
ballcoach15 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 10:08 pm This game was more than likely lost in the first inning. Our first 5 hitters had base hits, but we only scored 2 runs. Had 2 runners thrown out and 1 picked off 2nd. We could have blown game open with a big inning.
Says the softball guru who was reportedly riding his bike during the big game! :roll:

In other news, KH has called it again: he's on the bandwagon of SDSU to win the National Championship over Oklahoma. :shock:
I’m betting big on the Sooners!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
San Diego State is one win away from the softball world series in Oklahoma City. It will be sickening if they make it. We should have beaten the Aztecs. We should have blown that game open in the first inning.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: May 27th, 2023, 9:30 am San Diego State is one win away from the softball world series in Oklahoma City. It will be sickening if they make it. We should have beaten the Aztecs. We should have blown that game open in the first inning.
We still would have had to beat them a second time as well. Tough task. The fact we are competitive with the best teams in the country is a little solace, but it will be great when we get over the hump and make it all the way.
thesportscritic liked this
By Ill flame
I just saw that Oklahoma set the record for most consecutive wins with 48 and they have a 56-1 record. It's crazy to think it took them extra innings to beat us. Very few of their games were close this year.
Baybird, flamehunter, Dalegarz1 and 1 others liked this
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]